I need the scoop on Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParisPC07

Reaction score
All I've been hearing is that Harvin's comeback doesn't mean much because he's injury prone, has headaches, is a pussy, etc.

Can anyone give me something to say otherwise? I feel like I've read a lot about how his injury history is overstated, but I don't have anything concrete to back that up.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
This is what I envision that makes me so excited. Wilson in shotgun with Lynch to the left, and Harvin to the right. Wilson could hand it off to either, pass to either, or run it himself. I guarantee Bevell has dreamed up similar scenarios. It's going to be very, very entertaining.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
In his entire career before the ankle injury that sidelined him during last season he missed a total of 3 games out of 48. He missed 7 games last season and was one the top MVP candidates before his injury(even more so than Peterson, but coincidentally Peterson went off after Harvin went out). He missed time during his rookie season for migraine issues but it hasn't been an issue pretty much since.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... cy-harvin/

Also a pretty good (but very long) post about his injury history.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/7/30/ ... y-and-help

SeaTown81

Reaction score
You're reading/listening too much to opposing fans looking for reasons to poo poo Harvin's addition.

OrFan

Reaction score
Combine last years injury with some missed starts, not missed games, just missed starts because of migraine problems, and people started saying he was injury prone. Not true.

The headaches are gone, and soon he will show the people who went on and on about nothing, just how wrong they were.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Harvin is a hard cat to figure. Defenses THINK they have him bottled up only for him to use his "Sinanju" to escape.

kearly

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3825ih3g said:
You're reading/listening too much to opposing fans looking for reasons to poo poo Harvin's addition.

A lot of the "typical Percy" comments I've heard since his signing sounded an awful lot like the kind of stuff moronic, overly reactionary fans of every team spout when their unrealistic and uninformed expectations are not met. Yes, he does get dinged a lot, but you look at his body type and you see how he plays, and it's hardly a mystery. It's part of the price you pay. Any half brained, reasonable person could understand that, but that description only applies to a fraction of the populace.

It's also silly how people lump different injuries together as if they are all related. As if his migranes meant that we should have seen the hip injury coming, etc.

Or that because he once fought with coaches, he'll be at risk to fight with any coach. It's never that simple. That's like saying because you got in a fight once, that you are automatically a thug. Stupid people love nothing more than rushing to judgement and players like Harvin provide them with enough ammunition.

I badly hope he goes off in our new offense immediately and never even gives the doubters a chance here in Seattle.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1a4ty3eq said:
SeaTown is sure that he can walk on water!

And you're sure that he'll fail. Who has the better attitude?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":341mychy said:
In his entire career before the ankle injury that sidelined him during last season he missed a total of 3 games out of 48. He missed 7 games last season and was one the top MVP candidates before his injury(even more so than Peterson, but coincidentally Peterson went off after Harvin went out). He missed time during his rookie season for migraine issues but it hasn't been an issue pretty much since.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... cy-harvin/

Also a pretty good (but very long) post about his injury history.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/7/30/ ... y-and-help
This.When I mentioned to my friends Percy may be back as soon as next Monday they said "that's cheating".

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3q79srz5 said:

I think this why??? Because I don't agree with 49er and Vikings fans? Uh ok, chief. :roll:

To explain my above comment. The negative talking points the OP was referencing are pretty much used exclusively by Vikings fans who are mad about him leaving, 49er and NFC West fans who hate the Seahawks, and other random NFL fans who want reasons to think something negative about Seattle. It's internet fan nonsense. Crap you ignore. Yes, sure there's actual history behind the wishful hating. But reading up on history and reading what rival fans think are two entirely different things. Reading the OP of this thread, it was obvious what the guy was referring to.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":1ucg59go said:
SeaTown81":1ucg59go said:

A lot of the "typical Percy" comments I've heard since his signing sounded an awful lot like the kind of stuff moronic, overly reactionary fans of every team spout when their unrealistic and uninformed expectations are not met. Yes, he does get dinged a lot, but you look at his body type and you see how he plays, and it's hardly a mystery. It's part of the price you pay. Any half brained, reasonable person could understand that, but that description only applies to a fraction of the populace.

It's also silly how people lump different injuries together as if they are all related. As if his migranes meant that we should have seen the hip injury coming, etc.

Or that because he once fought with coaches, he'll be at risk to fight with any coach. It's never that simple. That's like saying because you got in a fight once, that you are automatically a thug. Stupid people love nothing more than rushing to judgement and players like Harvin provide them with enough ammunition.

I badly hope he goes off in our new offense immediately and never even gives the doubters a chance here in Seattle.

Thank you!

I don't blame him for having an issue with Ponder, and his migraine problem was solved during his rookie season. Part of the overreaction comes from 'featuring' him in Minnesota's offense, so if he had a game or two missed, they blamed the loss solely on Percy if AP couldn't save the day.

The situation is entirely different in Seattle. We have no QB problem here. Further, we have an offense that spreads the ball around and is winning without him. When he's ready, hell be an 'addition' and not a 'savior.' For some who want to ignore all of the good things he brings to the table and focus on the negative, how many players have had success with the Hawks after not doing particularly well with, or were not in very good standing with their former team?

The Seahawks coaches know how to use their players and the locker room has very strong leadership. This bodes well for Harvin's success as a Hawk. No amount of "I heard a Vikings fan say," or typing in very distinct font color will change that fact. :mrgreen:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2fnbvwie said:
HawKnPeppa":2fnbvwie said:
Bigpumpkin":2fnbvwie said:

Big pumpkin cause he said it in yellow. of course!

Haha! You beat me to my sarcastic punch (as I was typing).

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":ia0lommj said:
Bigpumpkin":ia0lommj said:

In no way was I stating that he was going to "fail"! I just implied that it was a possibility that he might not have the "impact" that he initially had with the Vikings.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He doesn't need to. All he really needs to do is draw either double teams or make the coverage roll to him and be our version of Wes Weller (Wilson's security blanket). Where he can actually have a hot read worth a damn and/or finally being able to run a screen game worth a crap to stop all the blitzes he is under.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2uwrei9q said:
HawKnPeppa":2uwrei9q said:
Bigpumpkin":2uwrei9q said:

In no way was I stating that he was going to "fail"! I just implied that it was a possibility that he might not have the "impact" that he initially had with the Vikings.

And I said nothing to him having such an "impact". All I did was point out that extreme opinions exist amongst hated rival fans. No clue why you painted me as someone saying he walked on water. Weird move, bro.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it's been killing Harvin to watch whats going on and either not be a part of it or see that he's missing out on what could be the highest point of his career. Going forward I don't see him being a distraction as much as wanting to put the exclamation point on the offense as well as work with Russell and the rest of the Skittles crew and Legion of Boom.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":316reyxh said:
The situation is entirely different in Seattle. We have no QB problem here. Further, we have an offense that spreads the ball around and is winning without him. When he's ready, hell be an 'addition' and not a 'savior.' For some who want to ignore all of the good things he brings to the table and focus on the negative, how many players have had success with the Hawks after not doing particularly well with, or were not in very good standing with their former team?

The Seahawks coaches know how to use their players and the locker room has very strong leadership. This bodes well for Harvin's success as a Hawk. No amount of "I heard a Vikings fan say," or typing in very distinct font color will change that fact. :mrgreen:

Yeah things are so different for him here than in Minnesota. We don't need him, we want him. This team has very strong leadership that instills the team mentality into all the players as in, "you put the team first". A lot of his character concerns come from disputes with his coach and QB. I don't see that as a problem here, Pete only buys into a guy that will also buy into him and his system (even when he's deciding his coaches, he cares less about experience and scheme as much as character). Pete is a players coach that we all know his players love to play for (demonstrated first hand by our team), but other people love to hate. Russell is also "that dude"; the undisputed leader of the team and of course his talent helps. I don't know much about Ponder aside from that he doesn't really look like that great of a QB, but Wilson is a guy you want to work with and of course it's been stated a million times that he has extremely good character and poise, so I have no concern that he'll get along with Percy perfectly fine as he does with the rest of the team. His injuries are a bit overstated since his migraine has been cured, and aside from the one ankle injury, he hasn't really missed any significant time. Injuries are flukey, they happen randomly, and it's a little cause for concern, but Harvin is the type of player I wouldn't exactly not want on my team because of it.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2u3esi2o said:
He doesn't need to. All he really needs to do is draw either double teams or make the coverage roll to him and be our version of Wes Weller (Wilson's security blanket).

He won't likely draw "double coverage" until he can "show his stuff". We all would like to see our OC draw up some plays featuring Percy.....and watch him "turn on the jets"! What better place than "Ramville" or even better yet TB at Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts