I really hope we retain Jamal Adams....

JPatera76

Reaction score
I really would be comfortable if we signed him long term especially when the dude played against our loss with the Rams with broken fingers and busted up shoulders lol that passion and dedication. 2 firsts is a lot to give up for a rental. Any thoughts?

And no this isn’t about if he was worth the two firsts so don’t make it that.

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks gave up 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick for him . That would be considered a horrible deal if they don't keep him ; but he's gonna cost a fortune to do so . I wonder where the $$ will come from going forward .

massari

Reaction score
xray":2ba1003r said:
but he's gonna cost a fortune to do so . I wonder where the $$ will come from going forward .
He didn't only cost draft picks, but he'll also cost a couple of legit starters off the roster.

The trade might look something like this:

1st+1st+3rd+Carson+KJ for Adams

Rat

Reaction score
His franchise hit wouldn’t be too bad if we can’t reach a long-term deal. There are downsides to that too though.

I was happy with the trade at the time, although I’d be curious what kind of offers we were bidding against. He’s a difference maker for sure and still young enough to be a building block, regardless of where we see the rest of the team.

timmat

Reaction score
Performance wise, skill wise, the guy is a game changer. But having watched his style of play close up now, I really wonder how healthy he can stay. He’s so explosive and powerful, his collisions are so violent. It’s rare to find someone with that combination of skills. But it’s EXTREMELY rare to find someone who consistently creates that magnitude of force AND can consistently be available. Will this be a guy who’s skill set actually contributes to constant shoulder / joint / knee issues? That’s a risk with any player, but it seems even more so with a guy who’s going to command top dollar and constantly expose his body to his physical style.

One other thought on him in a different direction - it seems he shines most around the line of scrimmage. What’s it do to us on the back end when one of our safetys plays on the line that much? I know Kam could really stuff it at the line too, but it seemed he would make his impact more in coverage hammering WRs or TEs on catches. From a scheme standpoint, it seems his blitzing puts a lot of pressure on the secondary - and having a good pass defending LB to fill his coverage void.

chris98251

Reaction score
Adams has that difference making ability Sanders did for the Colts, but Sanders body broke down on him and sustaining that level of play over time was not possible, he was out a lot the last couple years.

That's what I would be concerned about, that and arthritic growth in his injured areas.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
chris98251":1lllqouh said:
Adams has that difference making ability Sanders did for the Colts, but Sanders body broke down on him and sustaining that level of play over time was not possible, he was out a lot the last couple years.

That's what I would be concerned about, that and arthritic growth in his injured areas.
Bob Sanders is great comparison.

I think Jamal Adams game is all his own.

He is a lesser Troy Polamalu because he simply does not have catching footballs ability Troy had.

Polamalu grabbed balls like nothing and had the speed and blitzing, with football IQ to really impact and game wreck plans.

blkhwk

Reaction score
I see Adams, Dunlap and Lockett all getting contract extensions to lessen the '21 cap hit . The cap situation in '22, '23 are much better. Adams is scheduled to make around 10 mil in base salary this year, Dunlap is around 14 mil. If you can extend those guys and convert some if not all of this year's salary to a bonus, it will spread it across the years of the deal.

balakoth

Reaction score
ROFL

"He's gonna want 20 million a year"

You really do have some of the most left-field opinions here

Hes not getting or remotely going to ask for 6 million over the highest-paid safety.. get real

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Sign him.

He's worth the money, other teams have to game plan around him... a lot like when we had Earl and Kam. Jamal's a wrecking ball who can do a lot of things.

His INT drops make more sense now with his torn shoulders and broken fingers.

Dude is the spirit of our D. He fits with our mentality and meshes well with Bobby and the rest.

Sign him.

Latest posts