I Still Believe in Pete Carroll

12th Dimension

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3mk76mjc said:
Carroll is done and he's been done for awhile now. It was a great run while it happened, but we've been running on borrowed time for a long time now.

If you want proof just look at how we've done in the playoffs since 2015. We're well below .500, our wins were against backup QBs, injured QBs and journeymen. Our ability to hang with the better teams has been in question for awhile now. Our inability to play 4 quarters of football has been a major question mark for a long time now. That lies squarely on the head coach and his philosophy.

Teams have also found out how to game Russell Wilson. They're gaming him in the pre-snap really hard and running really controlled pass rushes against him. The result here is a team that can no longer rely on crazy 4th quarter heroics in order to come out on top.

I love what Carroll has done for the Seahawks but it seriously time to move on. This is something that happens to every coach, even the greatest. I keep hearing 90s this, 90s that -- well currently Carroll is running a program that will lead us into those very pits of despair. Many of our losses this season can be squarely placed on his coaching decisions in game.

I guess we disagree. I see a team that can’t run a repeatable, consistent offense so the coach has to continually manage the process by limiting the negative plays.

John63

Reaction score
12th Dimension":3m6ofc3b said:
Spin Doctor":3m6ofc3b said:
Carroll is done and he's been done for awhile now. It was a great run while it happened, but we've been running on borrowed time for a long time now.

If you want proof just look at how we've done in the playoffs since 2015. We're well below .500, our wins were against backup QBs, injured QBs and journeymen. Our ability to hang with the better teams has been in question for awhile now. Our inability to play 4 quarters of football has been a major question mark for a long time now. That lies squarely on the head coach and his philosophy.

Teams have also found out how to game Russell Wilson. They're gaming him in the pre-snap really hard and running really controlled pass rushes against him. The result here is a team that can no longer rely on crazy 4th quarter heroics in order to come out on top.

I love what Carroll has done for the Seahawks but it seriously time to move on. This is something that happens to every coach, even the greatest. I keep hearing 90s this, 90s that -- well currently Carroll is running a program that will lead us into those very pits of despair. Many of our losses this season can be squarely placed on his coaching decisions in game.

I guess we disagree. I see a team that can’t run a repeatable, consistent offense so the coach has to continually manage the process by limiting the negative plays.

I see a HC who can't stand it when any offense but his is working.

12th Dimension

Reaction score
John63":b2z6g23g said:
12th Dimension":b2z6g23g said:
Spin Doctor":b2z6g23g said:

You respond on a emotional level. Coach just wants a W.

djb28

Reaction score
I believe in him more than I do Rashaad Penny right now. But that isn't saying much

LTH

Reaction score
John63":3n55yxx4 said:
12th Dimension":3n55yxx4 said:
Spin Doctor":3n55yxx4 said:

I guess my question to you is, do you think it's Carrolls idea to throw the ball as much as the Hawks are throwing the ball? Why do you think Carroll is controlling the O what information do you have that supports that because i see NOTHING that supports that claim.

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
John63":3a76xfjj said:
12th Dimension":3a76xfjj said:
Spin Doctor":3a76xfjj said:

Could you elaborate on "HIS"?

nwHawk

Reaction score
John63":1vsmkpdc said:

Wow. This is what is wrong with fanatics - blind hate.

NY Hawk

Reaction score
I said it was time to blow this up at the start of the season. This patchwork of a team. Hasn't been the same since the throw and so many people don't want to admit that. been patchwork ever since. That one call f**ked this team up. Pete's legacy and the team being a dynasty.