I Think It's Time We Talk About Rodgers And The Packers

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If Jerruh's kids can beat them, this is looking almost like an automatic win for Seattle. :2thumbs:

Maulbert

Reaction score
Osprey":nodmstan said:
Polaris":nodmstan said:
I think a member of species 8472 [Shapechanging Alien from Star Trek] has taken over and infiltrated Aaron Rodger's body. Unfortunately for the Green Bay Packers, for all the alien's physical gifts, the ability to play quarterback in the NFL isn't one of them.

Did you mean to say The Founders?

Latestcb20051031112355path prefixen

64056323.jpg

This is going to show my nerdiness, but no, not the founders.

This is 8472:

Latestcb20061211121731

They have the distinction of actually winning against the Borg.

God, I'm a nerd.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
As someone that was forced to live in the hellhole that is Wisconsin during the 90s (Favre glory years and when the Seahawks sucked the most), I have to say, I cannot get enough glee from the Packers disappointing their fan base.

8)

Osprey

Reaction score
Maulbert":1gb7h7h4 said:
Osprey":1gb7h7h4 said:
Polaris":1gb7h7h4 said:
I think a member of species 8472 [Shapechanging Alien from Star Trek] has taken over and infiltrated Aaron Rodger's body. Unfortunately for the Green Bay Packers, for all the alien's physical gifts, the ability to play quarterback in the NFL isn't one of them.

64056323.jpg

This is 8472:

Latestcb20061211121731

God, I'm a nerd.
I'm confused...I remember them as badasses from Voyager...when did they shapeshift?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Osprey":2zuobd0o said:
Maulbert":2zuobd0o said:
Osprey":2zuobd0o said:
Polaris":2zuobd0o said:

64056323.jpg

This is 8472:

Latestcb20061211121731

God, I'm a nerd.
I'm confused...I remember them as badasses from Voyager...when did they shapeshift?

They had a DNA shot that was taken to emulate Star Fleet Academy cadets and personnel. They had to take the shot about once a day to make sure they could remain in the physical form of a Human-like appearance. When they had a large issue, they would revert back to their original form rather harshly and it sometimes was fatal. Although the shot gave them physical features, it did not give them the attributes that would be needed to accomplish goals and tasks. They would still have to practice to keep up performance as their performance reviews stated. Oh dang...geek alert.

Osprey

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1922h0fe said:
They had a DNA shot that was taken to emulate Star Fleet Academy cadets and personnel. They had to take the shot about once a day to make sure they could remain in the physical form of a Human-like appearance. When they had a large issue, they would revert back to their original form rather harshly and it sometimes was fatal. Although the shot gave them physical features, it did not give them the attributes that would be needed to accomplish goals and tasks. They would still have to practice to keep up performance as their performance reviews stated. Oh dang...geek alert.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708912/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Damn my geek memory is atrophied :les: :greetingsearthling:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Osprey":3h6ebzyi said:
Seahawkfan80":3h6ebzyi said:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708912/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Damn my geek memory is atrophied :les: :greetingsearthling:

It is where they introduce 7 of 9.....No atrophy here...he he he :2thumbs:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
So, according to ESPN.com today, Erin says the problem is inaccuracy. His solution is that he's going to start throwing it better. I thought "Damn! I wish I could solve my problems that easily!"

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":jg7b86nd said:
Rodgers has missed some throws he usually makes. Lacy still being fat and useless doesn't help either.

If anything, Lacy has been one of the few lone bright spots on that offense.

He's averaging 5.1 ypc so far. He isn't getting enough of touches, though, I guess you factor that into him getting nagging injuries nowadays.

Nelson is old and can't separate post-ACL injury, Cobb has regressed, and Adams....is well.....terrible like he always has been.

Rodgers has been off, though. Mainly since that Denver game last year.

Sunday vs Dallas was REALLY bad. Worst I have ever seen him play at home in a while.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Anybody see the "late" hit on Rodgers as he went into the end zone? Not saying it wasn't late, but I am saying if Rodgers was a RB or a WR, it wouldn't have been called. I think the hit was about timed with his first foot actually making contact in the end zone.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Others than Rodgers, that whole team sucks. A lot of similarities between GB and Indy. Obviously GB has more talent around ARod, but when is the last time GB had a good defense? Or even a running game?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":fiwxl7nh said:
Others than Rodgers, that whole team sucks. A lot of similarities between GB and Indy. Obviously GB has more talent around ARod, but when is the last time GB had a good defense? Or even a running game?
Indy is better as we saw them stomp a mudhole into GB..Folks who want this great offense should take note of this team,most of their cap is on the offense with that Clay getting most of the D$..

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The torch has passed.

Among the teams on the metropolitan coasts, it's easier to admit this and move on . With many exceptions,

ivotuk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3l2hqka3 said:
They haven't drafted well in GB for years.

Pretty much this. I don't know who's running the show over there anymore, but the past few years has reminded me of Mel Kiper's draft. All the names are so familiar, unlike Schneider who always produces several Who? WTH? and Wow! draft picks.

Maulbert

Reaction score
ivotuk":3prt31w9 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3prt31w9 said:
They haven't drafted well in GB for years.

Pretty much this. I don't know who's running the show over there anymore, but the past few years has reminded me of Mel Kiper's draft. All the names are so familiar, unlike Schneider who always produces several Who? WTH? and Wow! draft picks.

It's Ted Thompson. He was the Seahawks VP of Football Operations from 2000-04 before he replaced Ron Wolf as GM in Green Bay. They've been coasting on talent fumes since John Schneider left GB. Thank god the Hawks made JS drop his Green Bay clause.

Latest posts