I was actually kinda pulling for Manziel.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Cartire":2gz7vqdi said:
never seen a player, thats not even the consensus starter, and chosen in the last half of the 1st round, act like hes the next coming. He seems to think the was chosen #1 overall.
There is a reason I said he has bust written all over him. It has nothing to do with his physical tools.

pmedic920

Reaction score
JZ#1":1t8o5g00 said:
pmedic920":1t8o5g00 said:
JZ#1":1t8o5g00 said:
Everyone dissing on Manziel wishes they could be him. Its not like he is showing disrespect to other players or committing any crimes. Dude is just trying to enjoy life and unless this interferes with his work obligations, I don't have a problem with it.

Of course You don't.

Would you be happy if your employer and the entire world concerned themselves with what non-illegal activities you did on the weekend? Its his life, he isn't harming someone, football players should ultimately be judged on the field (with the only exception being illegal activity).

My employer fully expects me to maintain a certain level of professionalism even when I'm off duty.
I have an obligation to keep the public trust, even in my personal life.
There are many professions that require you to live within certain bounds and not cross the lines of others.
IMHO an athlete that's getting paid the "big bucks" falls into one of those professions.
The dudes a grown man ( well kinda) and can do what he wants.
His life style reflects his dedication to his craft and I think that's what I question. His dedication.
I liken it to the guy that eats nothing but junk food and tons of it but never gains any weight. JM may be able to burn the candle at both ends and still perform at the highest level. If he does he will be one of the few.
I don't see it happening though, and it's too bad. He has potential.

Cartire

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2fxxl55z said:
Cartire":2fxxl55z said:
never seen a player, thats not even the consensus starter, and chosen in the last half of the 1st round, act like hes the next coming. He seems to think the was chosen #1 overall.
There is a reason I said he has bust written all over him. It has nothing to do with his physical tools.

Ill be honest, my biggest distaste for him isnt even his fault. The guy is the media darling this year. They've choose one every year. And it becomes a love/hate story with any one person regardless of merit, or earnest. The man was intriguing in college. He had some new moves. Or if not new, reinforced the new style QB.

But at this point, he is no more successful then any other rookie that was signed. And lets be honest, there were 20 other teams, Bottom feeding teams, that passed on him. He may be great. But its his media darling bit, thats not his fault, that annoys the f out of me.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Ekydoog_CirePhoto.jpeg

Fudwamper

Reaction score
He'll be out of the league in a 3-5 years. He won't play after 3 years. The adult is still behaving like a child. He does need a positive mentor in his life. Million dollar gifts 10 cent head.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I've had 0 issues with him till the bad money phone bit. Its one thing to have dun with your douchey pals, another to have the terrible lack of judgment and respect for your employer to record it and willfully put it out there for people to see. There's nothing funny or entertaining about it. It basically in in short clip exemplifies everything any of his detractors have had to say about him.

its not the act or the attitude. Its then having the stupidity to put it out there for the world to see. Its one thing to be yourself and have a good time and not worry about what people think. Quite another to act like a complete jackass and put it out there.

Dude is not very bright. Hell of a player. But a total bimbo.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2e10udws said:
I've had 0 issues with him till the bad money phone bit. Its one thing to have dun with your douchey pals, another to have the terrible lack of judgment and respect for your employer to record it and willfully put it out there for people to see. There's nothing funny or entertaining about it. It basically in in short clip exemplifies everything any of his detractors have had to say about him.

its not the act or the attitude. Its then having the stupidity to put it out there for the world to see. Its one thing to be yourself and have a good time and not worry about what people think. Quite another to act like a complete jackass and put it out there.

Dude is not very bright. Hell of a player. But a total bimbo.

You do realize he is basically mocking Floyd Mayweather and its all in fun? The funniest part is he uses $1 bills.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
If his coaches and teammates have no problem with it, it's not a problem and just something for the media to waste time talking about now that Marshawn Lynch actually showed up to minicamp.

If his coaches and/or teammates are getting tired of him doing this kind of thing, however, then it is a problem.

youngchew

Reaction score
not bothered by the video or not, the fact remains that this kid is a friggin' douchebag.

He's a spoiled little rich boy that has probably never heard the word "no."

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's a punk and will fail because of it. All that talent and he's about to blow it all on partying.

Makes you appreciate Russell "The Robot" Wilson huh?

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
I posted this on May 9th: TITLE: (I WEEP FOR THE BROWNS)! Since I have NO .net skills, I don't understand how to link my ORIGNAL post to this one. Any advice would be great. P.S. Much love for CARTIRE for trying!

kearly

Reaction score
Most likely, Manziel is going to excel and make a lot of people look dumb for doubting him over his antics and unconventional ways. If anyone is curious about Pete Carroll's opinion, he thinks Manziel will be a terrific QB and says people should be more open-minded about his unique qualities and personality traits. But hey, what does Pete Carroll know anyway.

Of course, if Manziel DOES fail, and even the best can fail, then he's going to accompany Ryan Leaf in the NFL draft bust lexicon. All the crazy stuff he's done is going to fit very nicely on an epitaph.

I think he knows that, he's a bright guy. That he does all this stuff anyway and effectively "doubles down" I think shows just how confident he is. Too confident? Probably. But I'd rather have a QB who is too confident than one who doubts himself.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
^ I'm with Kearly.

To a lot of the naysayers in here...I guess you've never partied hard for a weekend then gone to work on Monday and actually done your job well?

Fudwamper

Reaction score
kearly":3spm3132 said:
Most likely, Manziel is going to excel and make a lot of people look dumb for doubting him over his antics and unconventional ways. If anyone is curious about Pete Carroll's opinion, he thinks Manziel will be a terrific QB and says people should be more open-minded about his unique qualities and personality traits. But hey, what does Pete Carroll know anyway.

Of course, if Manziel DOES fail, and even the best can fail, then he's going to accompany Ryan Leaf in the NFL draft bust lexicon. All the crazy stuff he's done is going to fit very nicely on an epitaph.

I think he knows that, he's a bright guy. That he does all this stuff anyway and effectively "doubles down" I think shows just how confident he is. Too confident? Probably. But I'd rather have a QB who is too confident than one who doubts himself.

Gonna have to disagree with you big time. Most likely he will fail and fail badly. The guy has outstanding natural ability. His immaturity is what is going to make him fail. He is going to hit hard times in the NFL and unless he has some outstanding support and people around him to get his head on straight i.e a Pete Carrol, he is going to be Ryan Leaf.

I hope he realizes that the his natural ability will get him no where in the NFL and he does turn into an exciting player but I would not hold my breath.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Manzeil as Maverick from Top Gun? LOL!
He's more like Marshall Mathers the SNL version.
Annoyingly douchey and seems to pout when he's not playing well. No doubt he has talent to make plays but much of his ability and decision making is the same qualities that make him a detriment to his team. Yes even RW had to be tamed before he looked like a franchise qb. However RW is uniquely disciplined and puts great effort into his craft and position as a leader.

General Manager

Reaction score
He's no Russell Wilson he doesn't have the speed to make the kind of plays he did in college in the NFL . This looks like Colt McCoy part 2. It will be entertaining to see him get the snot knocked out of him in the NFL.

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
This dude has "BUST" written all over him! Good luck Cleveland.
ATTACHMENTS
the-16-most-outrageous-things-johnny-football-did-this-offseason.jpg
nfl.jpg

Since I have no idea how to link my topics to someone else....this is all have.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I can't help wondering if the people saying Johnny should be allowed to have fun said the same thing when Matt Leinart had pictures posted of him partying (in private, at his own house).

To me, Matt was showing he needed to grow up a bit. I think the same of Johnny. Matt didn't have the physical tools Johnny does. He also ended up with a coach who didn't really want him, and whose offense wasn't a very good fit. If Johnny is lucky, his coach will work with him and be patient while Johnny matures. If not, he could be in trouble.