Is the Janitor The New Seahawks.com Site Operator?

DAK

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been monitoring the board for awhile, but this is my first post. I need some help. I'm a native Washingtonian but have been living in New England for the last ten years. I'm a life-long Seahawks fan and the only thing worse than living in the land of the Patriots is not being able to enjoy the first major championship in my lifetime back home.

I listen daily to local ESPN Seattle and KJR podcasts and read the major Seahawks' blog sites along with perusing this board for interesting conversation. The one major annoyance I have with getting my Hawks' fix is the Seahawks' website itself. When did it turn into a complete pile of garbage?

I noticed recently the format of the site changed from its old self into a site of annoying links and randomly placed articles, videos and photos. Most of my viewing was of the videos to see press conferences and hearing Tone Ventrella mumble his way through a recap of events. Here is a list of my complaints and hopefully somebody can tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if anybody else has a similar observation.

First, the pre-draft content was lacking compared to other sites. I've become an observer of both the Falcons and Jaguars due to our connection to them via past D-Coordinators. I'd look at all three sites and be annoyed that the articles and videos were much more frequent and thorough on the other sites.

Then during the draft the other two sites had amazingly quick and thorough updates for the draft picks, especially the Jaguars' site. They had a press conference for both the coach and gm after every damn pick. They had phone conferences with each pick on the site too and even quick videos of commentary on each pick. I noticed that the Hawks' site barely had an article about each pick let alone much of anything else. The phone conversations were nowhere to be found on the site. I had to google the keywords to find a link to get the audio (am I in trouble that I didn't Bing it?).

The content for post draft was amazing on the other sites as well. I'm not sure if everybody was so wrapped up in the Frank Clark issue that they didn't bother to actually engage the fans in everybody else, but I saw a quick combine video for each player and that was about it. I had to go to the other blog sites to get the info. for all the players.

Lastly, the pre-rookie camp leadup was laughable. I saw a couple articles listing the invites and who was signed and that's about it. The other team sites had lead ups galore and various videos and articles about what to look for and various matchup comparisons etc.

Even now, when the first day of camp is over I haven't seen any press conference videos or actual video of the practice itself. The other sites have had all that stuff up for hours...dozens of them.

My main complaint is the complete lack of content. There are numerous private blog sites dedicated to everything Seahawks that run circles around the team site and it's supposed to be the place to go for direct connection with the team. My secondary complaint is the horrid new video layout. If you go to the other team sites and click on video you'll see the platform that used to be ours. Why we changed it I don't know, but it's complete garbage now. It honestly resembles a startup company that just finished its first attempt at creating a site from wix.com.

If anybody has any information on this or comments I'd appreciate it from the land of evil. Help a brother out.

DAK

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
We at Seahawks.Net have made sport of .Com going on 15+ years. Welcome.

Basis4day

Reaction score
It's a design trend for a lot of websites that tries to have a more tablet friendly layout.

DHawk

Reaction score
Welcome to .NET! I've found .COM to be rather annoying and with the loss of Farnsworth to retirement, the content will now match the functionality of the site.

OP
OP
D

DAK

Reaction score
Ok, so I guess I'm not crazy then...the .com site is almost as bad as the new ESPN layout. Dr. Emmit Brown should go back and beat the crap out of the person who designed the new ESPN site just for thinking it.

So where does everybody go to see the press conferences and video content from the team and practices etc.?

DAK

kobebryant

Reaction score
I find that it is much better for tablets/smartphones than it used to be.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
DAK":lgk6ozeo said:
Ok, so I guess I'm not crazy then...the .com site is almost as bad as the new ESPN layout. Dr. Emmit Brown should go back and beat the crap out of the person who designed the new ESPN site just for thinking it.

So where does everybody go to see the press conferences and video content from the team and practices etc.?

DAK

There is a dropdown menu called video and photos. It will give you the latest videos or you can choose live for later casts when they come up. Also it has a press conferences other things in that menu. Kinda simple but hard to find sometimes.

Again, Welcome to .NET.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos

THis is the dropdown menu location.

kobebryant

Reaction score
DAK":1fjn0khw said:

DAK

Aside from this site, some of the other places I go to regularly:

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/

https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/

https://twitter.com/FieldGulls

http://www.hawkblogger.com/

Rocket

Reaction score
I believe that the core issue with Seahawks.com is a lack of funding from the owner...
at least that's what I heard.
He prefers to spend his money on brain research, selling tickets and collecting memorabilia.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Welcome
You say you've been lurking.
I recommend that you stop that behavior immediately.
Jump in here with both feet, get know the gang and become active.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better place to stay up to date with what's happening in all things Seahawks.
You might just make a friend or two and have a little fun along the way.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Basis4day":2gzj5pof said:
It's a design trend for a lot of websites that tries to have a more tablet friendly layout.

This is THE major reason we are seeing so many websites change their look and feel, they are doing everything they can to be I-Pad, or tablet or whatever wristwatch computer everyone seems to be living on friendly.

I personally hate doing business with people that live on their I-whatevers, Droid or whatever flavor of machine they use.

If you send them an e-mail with more than a few lines of text, they seem to forget they have a down button and end up only reading part of the message.

GO HAWKS!!!

netskier

Reaction score
It is the twitterization of internet discourse. It goes along with the sound biting of tv and radio.