I weep for the Browns fans (Manziel related)

drdiags

Reaction score
The insta-hate makes me like him even more. Sure, he could calm it down but that is 59 yo me saying that. He may never amount to much, but until he falls on his face, I am just going to let this story go it's own course. The whorish media is who helped create this guy, so any protests from them about his behavior is hypocritical. He isn't my team's QB, so I have no skin in the game.

Maybe he goes the way of Tebow and just slinks into the background? But if he catches fire, the same critics he has growing by the minute will be back to salute him. Then turn around and cut his throat the first chance they get. Rinse/Re-cycle.

At least I could party with this guy vs hanging with Tim Tebow. Neither may be an NFL QB, but I wouldn't feel bad having a few cold ones in a Manziel-party, though I would be the creepy old guy oogling the young ladies. So maybe I wouldn't get to party with either?

Subzero717

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3vigzmub said:
I could care less how he behaves because he's not on the Seahawks.

How much less could you care? I couldn't care less what haters think. I was me me or Roland. Difference is, I couldn't care less about football message board grammar.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2n4ibmsc said:
The_Z_Man":2n4ibmsc said:
I could care less how he behaves because he's not on the Seahawks.

How much less could you care? I couldn't care less what haters think. I was me me or Roland. Difference is, I couldn't care less about football message board grammar.

Isnt this an American thing this "could care less" issue? You all seem to say it. Baffles me.

Anyway carry on.

I think Manziel will do OK.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Im kind of with the Doc on this. The more hate the more I like him. Also the difference between he and others is social media. Anyone that saw "Back of the Shop" with Marshawn, he speaks on it specifically. I just think it's kind of interesting the amount of hate for a kid not only out of division but out of our conference entirely. I havent seen this amount of hate for The Gonk and I dont see a huge difference.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
lsl_home.jpg

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bust. He doesn't care about football. He's a punk-ass kid who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He has the raw talent, but his small frame, tendency to run willy-nilly all over the field and lack of motivation will cause his career to be short and disastrous.

I feel bad for Browns fans because they deserve better. Nobody has gotten screwed worse than them. At one time Bill Belicheck was their head coach with Nick Saban as an assistant, then Modell yanked the team and took it to Baltimore just as their All-Pro GM (Ozzie Newsome) had accumulated the talent to win a Superbowl. Sucktastic.

And now this. Johnny Manziel is like a pimple on the ass of Cleveland, and he's going to be popped like one by some monstrous NFCN defensive lineman.

It reminds me of the Yakov Schmirnoff joke. "Every country has a city they use for the butt of jokes. In America, it's Cleveland, in Russia, it's Cleveland."

HawkWow

Reaction score
He will throw as many ints as TDs and probably play 12 game seasons until the other shoe drops. But he brings it when on the field. 2 years ago I predicted Griffin wouldn't finish his rookie year. I predict the same for Johnny Football. In the NFL, he will look like football on crack. Should be entertaining.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I don't know why I hate him. Actually a huge part has to do with the media fellatio he receives. I didn't like Luck, RGKnee, Tebow, etc because of how the media slurps them up. I know it's petty but I've never liked those guys

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2vkztwvb said:
I really cant understand why so many grown men hate this kid. I really dont. Why the hate?
Thinking the guy is going to be a bust, is now hating on someone????

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I hate everything about the guy. He's arrogant. His stupid thing he does with his fingers pisses me off. Dude just rubs me the wrong way.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3mb9bz4t said:
CALIHAWK1":3mb9bz4t said:
I really cant understand why so many grown men hate this kid. I really dont. Why the hate?
Thinking the guy is going to be a bust, is now hating on someone????

Did you read the entire thread. Dont waste too much time. Just read the first sentence of Techs post. Or Gloves, where he basically acknowledges he does. I guess the amount of attention and threads created about him on are about equal with Kap. Kaps a division rival so it kind of makes sense. This kid played in the SEC and now Cleveand. The amount of attention this board shows him is more than normal. On top of that a number of peoples dislike go way beyond football. People bringing up his parents wealth etc. At that point I would say yes it is hate.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Really want to see this kid tear it up; it'll be so entertaining if his game translates.

And I hope he continues his partying lifestyle throughout; proving that having a good time and succeeding at your profession are not mutually exclusive. The more flack he receives for his perfectly legal free-time activities, the more I want to root for him.

The stronger the hate, the more I like guys: Iverson, Deion Sanders, Sherm, T Brady, Lynch, P Rivers, Laimbeer, Calipari etc

Throwdown

Reaction score
kobebryant":3rpz6e3n said:
Really want to see this kid tear it up; it'll be so entertaining if his game translates.

And I hope he continues his partying lifestyle throughout; proving that having a good time and succeeding at your profession are not mutually exclusive. The more flack he receives for his perfectly legal free-time activities, the more I want to root for him.

The stronger the hate, the more I like guys: Iverson, Deion Sanders, Sherm, T Brady, Lynch, P Rivers, Laimbeer, Calipari etc

Your user name is also a man that was hated for a good portion of his career til LeBron made the decision ;)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
When I first saw Manziels antics at A&M, I thought what a dumb ass.

But unlike most people who crave the spotlight, when the attention turned negative he didn't apologize, backtrack, clarify, or even slow down. My disdain turned to a respect for him, because at least the defiant little ass we see is the real person.

Tech has every right to hate the little shit's showmanship. It still makes me cringe. But the puritanical notion that especially the QB needs to be some sort of boy scout who hones his craft 24/7 is annoying too.

So here's to you Manziel, you defiant twerp *pours metaphorical splash of gin*. Even if you are a massive flop, keep being James Dean. When failure visits your door, don't wuss out. Because the second you apologize for being a rebel, you will just be an a**hole.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Thats awesome. Someone takes his photo in a mens room doing something. Speculates on what he is doing, says they wont speculate and then puts it in print on a headline.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Throwdown":3lcootsl said:
kobebryant":3lcootsl said:

Your user name is also a man that was hated for a good portion of his career til LeBron made the decision ;)

Fully understood.

However, my Kobe fandom is entirely based upon him being a clutch legend for the team I was made to love from the womb.

Basis4day

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1bjf7d1s said:
Thats awesome. Someone takes his photo in a mens room doing something. Speculates on what he is doing, says they wont speculate and then puts it in print on a headline.

Sounds like .net when they see pre-season photos of players and call them fat or or of shape.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The hate comes from him screwing over a bunch of hapless cleveland fans who have been getting the short end of the stick for a long time. Manziel texts the GM and tells him they are going to basically own the league but I just don't see it. I don't see the dedication to a fan base that is footing the bill for all of his excess.

Nobody should expect him to be a choir boy, but it appears he's just in it for what he can personally gain and not looking to the future.

He's more Jamarcus Russell than Ryan Leaf and it's sad that Browns fans have to go through this once again.

I see a catastrophic failure in his future, and he will have no one to blame but himself. Even the owner is asking him to tone it down a little and he's just thumbing his nose at them.

If Manziel were in SF, I would love the guy, but the 49ers organization isn't that dumb.

Where this will be funny is when Bernie Kosar gets a few drinks down and goes off on Johnny Screwball. :D