I weep for the Browns fans (Manziel related)

Subzero717

Reaction score
For all we know Johnny saw photog and did it on purpose to cause a stir. I mean every time he takes a dump its headline news so how is he ever supposed to hook up the Charlie?

kearly

Reaction score
Johnny Football would make a very good heel in WWE. Sure, he's done stuff that could reasonably rile people up no doubt, but even before that point, he had a legion of haters. Rather than appease them or try to pretend he's Russell Wilson when in public, he takes it the other way 110%, knowing it will piss off the haters even more.

Manziel is one of those Ichiro-type players who is both very good and very annoying the way he beats you. I definitely think winning matters to Manziel, but deep down you can see a part of him that revels in being a pain in the ass. Both on the field and off of it.

mikeak

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3itvmvmx said:
For all we know Johnny saw photog and did it on purpose to cause a stir. I mean every time he takes a dump its headline news so how is he ever supposed to hook up the Charlie?

Funny how I realize that this is probably as likely as him doing coke... In other words I don't have faith in Manziel's judgement...

lsheldon

Reaction score
-The Glove-":syrkir27 said:
I don't know why I hate him. Actually a huge part has to do with the media fellatio he receives. I didn't like Luck, RGKnee, Tebow, etc because of how the media slurps them up. I know it's petty but I've never liked those guys

+1

mikeak":syrkir27 said:
This doesn't help

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ing-photo/

If he wasn't standing in the bathroom I could see other reasons to roll a dollar bill like this (like just plain boredom), but he was standing in the bathroom........

Best user quote on that page:

allmeatnopotatoes says:
Jul 7, 2014 9:33 AM
He obviously is making an antenna for his money phone.

lsheldon

Reaction score
There is a better photo of him in the bathroom on this page with a bit wider shot. There is also another photo of him from the same night outside of the bathroom. Notice the same shirt, same haircut, same chain. Inside the bathroom the chain is neatly tucked inside his shirt to keep it from hanging down and messing up his lines.

:sarcasm_on: Smart dude..... :sarcasm_off:

http://bustedcoverage.com/2014/07/06/jo ... -restroom/

manziel-money-restroom.png

manziel-vegas-girlfriend-1.jpg

Subzero717

Reaction score
mikeak":28zu76db said:
CALIHAWK1":28zu76db said:

Funny how I realize that this is probably as likely as him doing coke... In other words I don't have faith in Manziel's judgement...

nor should you. After all his arrests and dust ups with the law. Lets not even get into that incident with the hookers and guns that got swept under the rug. Yeah you remember. That one.

kobebryant

Reaction score
kearly":prmfud82 said:
Johnny Football would make a very good heel in WWE. Sure, he's done stuff that could reasonably rile people up no doubt, but even before that point, he had a legion of haters. Rather than appease them or try to pretend he's Russell Wilson when in public, he takes it the other way 110%, knowing it will piss off the haters even more.

Manziel is one of those Ichiro-type players who is both very good and very annoying the way he beats you. I definitely think winning matters to Manziel, but deep down you can see a part of him that revels in being a pain in the ass. Both on the field and off of it.

Love it.

It really is a phenomenal contrast in the public image that the two dudes have constructed for each other.

Manziel, you don't have to wonder.

Russ; gets "no time to sleep" printed on his gear, even though we know damn well an athlete of his caliber is getting sufficient sleep; casually slips it to a journalist that he is putting in 12 hour workdays during the offseason.

I picture Russ in the front row of class answering every one of the teachers questions while Manziel hurls spitballs at him and Russ tattles. Of course, Russ ends up valedictorian and Manziel on a construction site.

Just an interesting dichotomy. I really hope Manziel succeeds though; just to thumb his nose at the tightasses who feel they should have an opinion on how a free american spends his free time.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I will enjoy Manziel leading the Browns to a Lombardi more than any other non-Seattle sports championship just to read all the hand-wringing and backtracking from the losers that watch sports to pass judgment on the players and write their holier-than-thou screeds as if they're The One True Arbiter of Proper Behavior.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":22dkqxoy said:
I will enjoy Manziel leading the Browns to a Lombardi more than any other non-Seattle sports championship just to read all the hand-wringing and backtracking from the losers that watch sports to pass judgment on the players and write their holier-than-thou screeds as if they're The One True Arbiter of Proper Behavior.

With this statement aren't you passing judgement on fellow fans and demonstrating a "holier-than-thou" attitude as if you're too good to stoop to such behavior?

It always puzzles me why anyone feels it is necessary to comment on other fans opinions as if those opinions were wrong or ignorant. There is no such thing as a "bad" opinion, maybe an uninformed one but who on this planet is in a position to pass judgement on that?.

Like the man said "Opinions are like assholes, everybodies got one."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i thought football fans were supposed to be passionate about the game, the players, and everything associated with the #1 sport in America.

Personally, I could care less what he does if it weren't for the fact that he signed a contract committing to the fans and the city of Cleveland. But it looks to me like another wasted 1st round pick being paid millions.

He's already become a huge distraction to his team and teamates, much like the distraction Richard Sherman created with his post-NFCCG rant. Like Richard said: "It took focus away from the team and put it on me, and for that I'm sorry."

I feel bad for Cleveland, they will never experience the joy that we Seahawks fan have been enjoying since Pete Carroll joined our team. Hell, even Johnny himself is getting tired of the media attention, but apparently he's not going to do anything about it.

"My teammates are getting tired of being asked about me because a low man on the totem pole,” Manziel said. “I’m just like any other rookie out here that they haven’t been asked about a thousand times. More than anything, I think they’re tired of that. They’re tired of the hype, which I am as well. So I’m sitting there seeing these things and I’m tired of it as well.

“I want to wake up one week and not have my name going though something and I’m working on getting better at that, but if I want to go home and spend time with my friends or go out on my weekends [and roll dollar bills in to straws] I absolutely have the right to do that. We’re going to get a little bit of a break here and I’m going to still continue to work out and do the things I need to do and hopefully not let that come between me and my teammates.”"

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
ivotuk":274lyqts said:
Smelly McUgly":274lyqts said:

With this statement aren't you passing judgement on fellow fans and demonstrating a "holier-than-thou" attitude as if you're too good to stoop to such behavior?

No. I'm just telling you that I want to see a certain group of fans become really disappointed because I don't like them. I never said that I was better than them. I never said that they didn't have room to keep talking even if they annoy the hell out of me. You're projecting your own concerns onto me.

You spent a ton of words on this though, so I'm glad I gave you something to rant about, I guess.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":ppzjyqxe said:
He's already become a huge distraction to his team and teamates,

I know what you mean, the Browns haven't even won a game since he got there.

But they have sold some jerseys.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am really appreciating the high quality of Johnny's real life trolling of America.

General Manager

Reaction score
The guys a clown but I hope he kills it in the NFL. I just don't see it though maybe if they sit him for a year he'll have a chance if they start him this year my guess is it's a train wreck . I keep having visions of him holding on to the ball thinking he can outrun or out maneuver an NFL DE or LB and getting laid out.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I don't hate or love John Manziel. Don't know the guy. But I do like the Browns and would love to see them get some wins.

But there is one thing that really got my attention and made me feel bad for those Browns fans.

I was listening to Mike Holmgren on KJR and he made the best point of all. He said a young quarterback can't take time off. There's no such thing, not when teams want you to win in your first few seasons. Everyone around you is working out 24/7 and they're all 10x better than anyone you played in college. He talked about the huge jump for a rookie and said the only way to succeed is to devote yourself entirely to the game.

It's not a good thing that Manziel expects time off already. He hasn't done anything. And he's nowhere near the level of even the younger guys like Luck, Foles and Wilson. They've won some games. Manziel hasn't done anything, he's a rookie.

And as Holmgren mentioned, Manziel won't get 4-5 years to prove himself like Montana and Young did. Cleveland will expect him to win now. He's got two seasons at most, even less if he keeps partying. That takes MASSIVE work and preparation. No time for vacation or holidays. College is over. Party when you win.

And oh boy am I ever glad we have Wilson. Love his work ethic. He's the anti Manziel. Skipped his own honeymoon to watch film. That's how you win.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Correction:

The interview about Manziel was with Mike Holmgren on 950 KJR.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3n1dknhi said:
I really cant understand why so many grown men hate this kid. I really dont. Why the hate?
Bandwagon mentality, which most people are huge fans of but won't admit to. It's popular to either rabidly love or furiously hate Johnny Manziel. Kind of like that song from Titanic by Celine Dion.

HansGruber

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":202gid4i said:
CALIHAWK1":202gid4i said:
I really cant understand why so many grown men hate this kid. I really dont. Why the hate?
Bandwagon mentality, which most people are huge fans of but won't admit to. It's popular to either rabidly love or furiously hate Johnny Manziel. Kind of like that song from Titanic by Celine Dion.

Doesn't really account for those of us who neither hate OR love Johnny Manziel, but might be skeptical about his odds considering his love of time off and partying. Further, what about Jim Hasslett, owner of the Browns, telling the kid to cool his jets? Is he a hater?

It's easy to reduce all conversation to black and white, but never accurate. Maybe, just maybe, the majority of people aren't buying into the media narrative, but still doubt his ability to succeed based on things he's actually doing or not doing.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HansGruber":36q2j3nm said:
Doesn't really account for those of us who neither hate OR love Johnny Manziel, but might be skeptical about his odds considering his love of time off and partying.
I thought my comment was obviously not directed at those types of people, (of which I'm one, I kind of want him to succeed just because it'd be some funny trolling) since I specifically referred to people that love or hate him. :Dunno:

HansGruber":36q2j3nm said:
Further, what about Jim Hasslett, owner of the Browns, telling the kid to cool his jets? Is he a hater?

It's easy to reduce all conversation to black and white, but never accurate. Maybe, just maybe, the majority of people aren't buying into the media narrative, but still doubt his ability to succeed based on things he's actually doing or not doing.
How did you even get to this point based on what I said? Geez. Cali said he doesn't understand why so many people HATE this kid. Haslett doesn't HATE Johnny Manziel. You bringing him up is irrelevant to anything Cali or I said.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":gypygx1h said:
HansGruber":gypygx1h said:
Doesn't really account for those of us who neither hate OR love Johnny Manziel, but might be skeptical about his odds considering his love of time off and partying.
I thought my comment was obviously not directed at those types of people, (of which I'm one, I kind of want him to succeed just because it'd be some funny trolling) since I specifically referred to people that love or hate him. :Dunno:

HansGruber":gypygx1h said:
Further, what about Jim Hasslett, owner of the Browns, telling the kid to cool his jets? Is he a hater?

How did you even get to this point based on what I said? Geez. Cali said he doesn't understand why so many people HATE this kid. Haslett doesn't HATE Johnny Manziel. You bringing him up is irrelevant to anything Cali or I said.

Don't try to pretend that context means anything :stirthepot: