Ian Rapoport: Jared Allen mulling options

2_0_6

Reaction score
Take money from a crap team for more money?

or

Take a little less money for a legitimate chance to win your FIRST ring?

If Im in his shoes, and have the bank account he has, I would take less and try to get a ring.. This isn't a guy who is on his first large contract. Dude has made his money.

theascension

Reaction score
He might have said he'd retire if he didn't get a fair value because that's good negotiating, unlike Tate who clearly wanted a fair amount of money but spoke out of place saying he'd take a discount. I doubt he retires at any rate, I think his ego still gets a lot out of football.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":37nww27r said:

or

If Im in his shoes, and have the bank account he has, I would take less and try to get a ring.. This isn't a guy who is on his first large contract. Dude has made his money.
Hence why I don't understand or like his attitude. You'd think 70+ million in the bank would adjust his attitude from 2006. I guess not. Same old Jared it seems.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":35rhcyla said:

or

There are loads of reasons to take a contract elsewhere. Closer to family, more money, former coaching is on the staff there, playing time, more money...

Not every baller values a ring above all else. I wonder if Allen has talked to Winfield about how his shot at a ring went?

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
If we get him for a decent price I love the move.

If he signs a big contract elsewhere I'm fine with it.

If he signs a big contract here I have issues....

Largent80

Reaction score
Quite frankly I am sick of free agency and the multitude of topics regarding them.

This F.O. simply is not and can not spend all of that money on a 1 trick pony, older player coming to the end of their careers.

It is about staying young, and staying successful.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ Not only that. It is more than we signed Bennet to. So what message does that send? Thanks for helping us to the superbowl win, thanks for signing for less money so we can sign someone else for more money to do what you do......

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm pretty meh on signing Jared Allen. Yes, he's a great player but I just don't see a fit. If they had lost Bennett, then I could see more of a fit for him.

James in PA

Reaction score
The only thing he should be mulling over is whether or not to grow his mullet back. This is a no brainer. He has a chance to add a few more million to his bank account and go out a Super Bowl champion. If he decides to retire, the desire wasn't there in the first place and that's not the kind of guy we want on our team anyway.