Random Thoughts™ on the Chargers preseason game

nanomoz

Reaction score
kearly":2u0zx3oq said:
nanomoz":2u0zx3oq said:
kearly":2u0zx3oq said:
That's about as good a debut as you could ever hope for when you are a 6th round rookie who played his college football in the middle of nowhere.

Hey now! Cedar City isn't the middle of nowhere, I live there!

Great notes, Kip.

I grew up not far from there. Cedar City is nice. It's kind of like Utah's version of Flagstaff.

It is in the middle of nowhere though. Usually Cedar City is more known for it's high school football. : )

Hawks46":2u0zx3oq said:
You're right Nano, Cedar City isn't the middle of nowhere, it's on the fringe of nowhere on the way to Mesquite and Las Vegas. When your claim to fame is proximity to Mesquite and some dinosaur tracks, you're hurting. On the plus side, being that close to Bryce Canyon and Zion is a bonus, and it's great fishing there! I do like the area, but had to give you a hard time.

Agreed on the fishing 110%.

Well played. :) Don't forget one of the best regional theatre companies around. But, Being a jaunt from 6 national parks is cool.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2l1pk3im said:
ivotuk":2l1pk3im said:
Nice work, thank you :D I only got to see pieces of the game early thanks to direct tv snafu so was wondering how it went. Surprised my favorite whipping boy, Jaye played so well. Maybe it's all about having the correct DC.

This is troublesome as the Direct TV dish is being mounted on my roof as I type. Are these "snafus" a thing of regularity?

Not really, although they did mistakenly black out a Seahawks game, in Fairbanks, Alaska. I was livid. But I still love Sunday Ticket because the quality is so much better than local and local doesn't always show Seahawks games.

chris98251

Reaction score
It was a good shake the rust off game mostly, team had only been in pads like two practices prior to the game, rookies got a chance to learn game speed or close to it, I know many players say pre season is faster then college but regular season is a whole different level and the the playoffs a place they could not imagine.

All our guys that played looking good and or bad will get a lot of coaching up and value. I think next week is when we really see a bit more about who we have. Again this was a shake the rust off and get used to hitting again game.

Largent80

Reaction score
Coleman and Bradford looked good on my second viewing. Also Mayowa and Howard. We have a lot of good (or bad) problems facing the Turk this year.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
One of the things I noted on J Howard - he was playing a lot of 5 tech. Maybe he will back up there ?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I was at this game down there in SD. Had a blast. Definitely felt like this team was on the verge of something really special. Nice that it worked out this way.

Anybody know whatever happened to kearly? These Random Thoughts threads were always fun to read even if he was often wrong in his assessments.

sutz

Reaction score
Kearly got tired of the negative responses to his posts, generally not based in things he actually said, and bowed out. It was unfortunate, as his analyses were always pretty well thought out. Usually, though, he was met with more personal attacks than actual counter arguments about his opinions.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Kearly was a casualty of the noisy negativists. They were the minority, indeed, but it was enough for him to say enough. A sad statement about how good intentions can be destroyed by the cynical, negative crowd that insists to be heard.

acer1240

Reaction score
Kip is still around if you want to look for him. His insight was so good that it started debate. Just like every great writer.

Have to have a thick skin when you are putting it out there though. He wasn't getting paid for it so I understand why it was not worth the effort for him.

I miss his recaps

Latest posts