If Indy didn’t, do you think we would’ve?

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m thinking we would’ve pulled the trigger on AR.

I had Indy pegged for Levis.

I don’t think AR does nearly as well there as he would’ve here in a few years but….

Pure speculation.

P.S. I'm very happy with our picks thus far. Expecting to load up on D-line tomorrow.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Anderson and Richardson are the two guys on their board at 5. If Richardson is still there at 5 and they don’t get the value needed in a trade they take BPA which would have been Richardson more than likely in their eyes. Wanted to trade 5 but juice wasn’t worth the squeeze, Witherspoon is a stud. When Pete passes on a heralded and spotlighted Carter while taking on guys with off field issues in the past it says a lot.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
Anderson and Richardson are the two guys on their board at 5. If Richardson is still there at 5 and they don’t get the value needed in a trade they take BPA which would have been Richardson more than likely in their eyes. Wanted to trade 5 but juice wasn’t worth the squeeze, Witherspoon is a stud. When Pete passes on a heralded and spotlighted Carter while taking on guys with off field issues in the past it says a lot.
Agreed!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The guys we took with off the field issues didn't have motivation problems. They came from rough backgrounds and made mistakes. There never was a question about their dedication to football with the guys that succeeded. Carroll succeeded with guys that had chips on their shoulders.

Carter is not that guy, Carter is the antithesis of a Carroll player. Carter floated by on pure talent, and here is the deal. That doesn't work in the NFL. Carter is no longer a big fish in a small pond. If he doesn't change his habits and work ethic, he's going to bust. Apathy is the main story of Carters collegiate career. Glided by on pure talent and ran away from responsibility, refused to take ownership of his craft.

Carroll is not a miracle worker, if a guy doesn't want to do the work, he won't.

Latest posts