If Marshawn were to win SB MVP...

Sprfunk

Reaction score
"I'm just going to disenyland so I don't get fined"

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Yeah, I DO NOT get this guy. I keep hearing he may have anxiety or some issues with public speaking, yet he goes out there and makes a spectacle of himself. Wouldn't that cause more anxiety? I don't buy that for a minute. This guy knows what he's doing. I know if Brady or Gronk acted that way, I'd certainly be the first to say that's kinda weird and it would get really tiring pretty quickly. Even Ricky Williams, with his REAL issues, even if he had to wear his helmut, went out and spoke. Speaking to media will be the easiest thing Lynch does all week.

Add the crotch grabs, wanting to wear shoes against NFL policies, wearing a hat that he wasn't supposed to. This sounds more like a delinquent than a guy with real issues. Again, for someone with anxiety and who doesn't want the spotlight, he certainly puts himself out there and makes a fool of himself, so it can't be that bad.

What I don't understand is that I don't hear Seattle fans speaking too much to this, they usually just say "that's who he is," "that's what he does," and will compare his crotch grabbing to something else. Hopefully no Patriots act that way, otherwise, I'd have to go to the Patriots forum and speak on that.

For having to put up with that guy, you guys deserve to win the SB, just to take your mind off that guy!

EDIT: If the guy was witty or handled himself better, things may be different, but he just comes across as a troublemaker. Sherman needs to teach the guy how to speak and present himself. Maybe that will help.

253hawk

Reaction score
He doesn't have any anxiety issues, he just doesn't care about the whole media angle. And I don't think a single fan cares. I know I don't. None of the sound bytes or canned interviews with any of the players interests me. I like reading their personal blogs, tweets and posts. You don't get that stuff from interviews. Watching reporters continue to try to interview Lynch is like watching a stupid dog smash its face into a wall repeatedly while trying to play fetch.

How is a guy who just wants to keep to himself and focus on his craft, his community and his charities a troublemaker? Seems like the only people getting worked up about him are the ignorant sort, because he's not an issue at all when he's being left alone and just doing his thing.

sturg78

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2jb6634k said:
Yeah, I DO NOT get this guy. I keep hearing he may have anxiety or some issues with public speaking, yet he goes out there and makes a spectacle of himself. Wouldn't that cause more anxiety? I don't buy that for a minute. This guy knows what he's doing. I know if Brady or Gronk acted that way, I'd certainly be the first to say that's kinda weird and it would get really tiring pretty quickly. Even Ricky Williams, with his REAL issues, even if he had to wear his helmut, went out and spoke. Speaking to media will be the easiest thing Lynch does all week.

Add the crotch grabs, wanting to wear shoes against NFL policies, wearing a hat that he wasn't supposed to. This sounds more like a delinquent than a guy with real issues. Again, for someone with anxiety and who doesn't want the spotlight, he certainly puts himself out there and makes a fool of himself, so it can't be that bad.

What I don't understand is that I don't hear Seattle fans speaking too much to this, they usually just say "that's who he is," "that's what he does," and will compare his crotch grabbing to something else. Hopefully no Patriots act that way, otherwise, I'd have to go to the Patriots forum and speak on that.

For having to put up with that guy, you guys deserve to win the SB, just to take your mind off that guy!

EDIT: If the guy was witty or handled himself better, things may be different, but he just comes across as a troublemaker. Sherman needs to teach the guy how to speak and present himself. Maybe that will help.
I liked Pete's perspective. He is being real and true to himself. Go into Oakland and find a guy that had an upbringing like Marshawn supposedly had and order him to do something. I'd imagine being ignored would be the least of your worries then. I appreciates his battle with the league. When you are willing to give up that kind of money to be who you are, that is awesome.

In a different context, we would be deifying a musician that refused to sell out on himself to keep money in his pocket. Marshawn is the ghetto equivalent to that super talented local artist who doesn't want to be a corporate puppet.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Roger Goodell (and the lame stream media) would rather give the MVP to the whole Offensive line or the Legion of Boom, than give it to ML, assuming we win.

MVP is a Marketing reward ... not necessarily a performance reward. I know Smith won it last year ... lots of people still regret not giving it to Wilson (since he is the most marketable guy on the Team) or even Percy Harvin.
As MVP, you are expected to go from Network to Network to give interviews, ...etc, which we know, Lynch won't do.

Lynch is not marketable (sellable) to the NFL the way Wilson or Sherman or Earl Thomas would be. Therefore, I doubt they ever give MVP to Lynch, regardless.

Hell I'm even convinced, Goodell and the owners might even call Bevell and Pete during the game and ask them to stop feeding the Beast, so he doesn't win MVP. They might demand that Wilson changes the plays at the line of scrimmage to prevent ML from winning the MVP. For us this is a game, for Goodell and the owners, it is about the $$$ and the profit.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2j26eaps said:
Please let this happen. The comedy would be off the charts

This. I just so want to see this happen... "im just here cause im the mvp"...

City

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2hcwq1i2 said:

I don't know where this whole "anxiety" issue thing came from, but Lynch has already explained himself.

"I've never seen anybody win the game in the media. But at the same time, I understand what it could do for you, if you wanted to be someone who talks a lot. But that's not me.

"And I'm not as comfortable, especially at the position I play, making it about me. As a running back, it takes five offensive linemen, a tight end, a fullback and possibly two wide receivers, in order to make my job successful. But when I do interviews, most of the time it'll come back to me. There are only so many times I can say, 'I owe it to my offensive linemen,' or, 'The credit should go to my teammates,' before it becomes run down.

"This goes back even to Pop Warner. You'd have a good game and they'd want you to give a couple of quotes for the newspaper, and I would let my other teammates be the ones to talk. That's how it was in high school, too. At Cal, I'd have my cousin, Robert Jordan, and Justin Forsett do it.

"Football's just always been hella fun to me, not expressing myself in the media. I don't do it to get attention; I just do it 'cause I love that (expletive)."

That is as real and genuine as it gets and it's fair enough for me.

Latest posts