If only one 2014 Rookie became a Probowler...

kearly

Reaction score
Keith Price was my first thought, but for that to happen Russell would have to directly ascend to heaven first.

The most likely future pro-bowler is probably #39. Our secondary is a kingmaker.

Richardson and Pierre-Lewis have pro-bowl caliber talent, but the way our team is set up, it's not very good for WR or LB counting stat production. PC/JS have yet to produce a single WR/LB pro-bowler, despite having very good performances in those areas.

If I had a magic lamp and I could make any player from this group a pro-bowler, I'd choose Britt. An ace RT would go a long, long way right now.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
If Richardson becomes a pro-bowl receiver, we'll have somehow given RW more time to throw regardless of whether Britt or anyone else on the line becomes a star. I love the idea of a strong, consistent O-line. But it's been over 10 years since a Hawk WR was worthy of PB honors; and we've only had 3 total in franchise history. Even if the run/pass ratio continues to be skewed in favor of the run, having an explosive pro-bowl WR would say great things about our offense (or bad things about our run-game--but lets not go there).

chawx

Reaction score
kobebryant":2b9qp5u7 said:
Keith Price.

QB is the most valuable position in the NFL. You could trade a young qb with Price's character for a few high #1s; or trade Russ before having to give him his huge deal.

Either way you're sitting pretty.

I agree with all of this except the part about Russell. IF (not going to say it)—and Price plays and earns OROY and leads us to another Super Bowl. First off, I'll **** myself x1million, then I'll be extra stoked that we'll have such a capable backup for a few more years at low-cost, IF (not going to say it) happens again.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I would prefer it to be one of the OL picks because that's where we need it the most.

I'm really pulling for the Montana kid though. He reminds me of Jon Favreau's character in The Replacements.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Britt for sure. Would mean the OL was solidified and Russ isn't running for his life every other drop back.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Kevin Pierre Louis or Richardson as a special teams rep. Him and Richardson are the only two that have a shot in my opinion. There's no way possible Britt, Norwood, or anyone else really have a shot in heck.

Making as a legit WR you'd have to beat out the likes of Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall..ect We don't throw the ball enough even if we had a pro-bowl calibre player at WR (Harvin).

At OT- you're looking to start against Thomas, Williams, Staley..ect Not going to happen for a 2nd round Tackle most had at 4th-5th round grade. Greg robinson may have a shot for STL.

Marsh has less than 0%. He's going against the top DE in the league- the crown jewel of the defences in the NFL. Even the best pass rusher in the NFL (quinn) had only 5 sacks his rookie year.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Britt, because that would mean that we not only replaced Giacomini but upgraded the position.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I would say whichever pick was most bashed upon by the national media, so probably Britt in the 2nd.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":2zx98cvy said:
Seanhawk":2zx98cvy said:
kobebryant":2zx98cvy said:
Keith Price.

QB is the most valuable position in the NFL. You could trade a young qb with Price's character for a few high #1s; or trade Russ before having to give him his huge deal.

Either way you're sitting pretty.

Not sure if serious.

Absolutely. Having two young, high character probowl QBs opens up a world of value and compensation opportunities. It would likely means Russ had to miss 3/4 of the season and Price played at a probowl level, took the Hawks to the #1 seed and won OROY. You now have two major assets > than if any other draft pick/udfa became a probowler.
Pretty dumb scenario.
That's all the Seahawks need to do eh?, go cheap on your Franchise Quarterback, and make a statement to whomever may have been considering to come here, that you don't intend on doing right by your top gun, no matter who they are.
That'd be a shortcut back to the cellar, IMHO. :pukeface:

Sac

Reaction score
5 Finger Paul. If he makes the pro bowl then we're obviously getting good pass protection.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
lukerguy":1d9iu0mp said:
At OT- you're looking to start against Thomas, Williams, Staley..ect Not going to happen for a 2nd round Tackle most had at 4th-5th round grade. Greg robinson may have a shot for STL..

Um.. the question was if any of these rookies could become a Pro Bowler.. who would you hope it would be. Not an analytical breakdown of why Britt will not become a Pro Bowler.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Britt because I really want our OL to protect Wilson and plow giant holes for Lynch. But the chances any of our rookie make the PB are very unlikely. It's hard for OL to make a name as a rookie, If any WR makes the PB it would be Harvin so our rookie WR's are huge long shots. As someone else mentione our LB's are alreay great an they get little pub so that's not happening. The for real most likely scenario would either be if Bennett or Avril go own with an injury an Marsh breaks out with 14+ sacks.

bigcc

Reaction score
mind=blown that people are picking Britt..... he could become a mediocre backup which really wouldn't be considered "successful" for a 2nd round pick.....

why wouldn't you rather a UDFA come in and step up and become a pro bowler while our backups are still decent quality?

The question wasn't who do you think is GOING to be a pro bowler or who has the most realistic shot.....

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
bigcc":3d9tebjj said:
The question wasn't who do you think is GOING to be a pro bowler or who has the most realistic shot.....

I appreciate the careful reading of the OP exhibited by bigcc and others above, like Hasselbeck. :th2thumbs:

lukerguy

Reaction score
I still think the logic is accurate regardless of if the question remains this year or next

Britt has no shot at RT. There were zero, (count em') zero right tackles to make the Pro Bowl in the NFC. They simply use the best tackles (LT) to start at RT in the pro bowl. Cable was excited about Britt's RT play, but looked far worse at LT. Even if he becomes the best RT in the league (which is a huge stretch), he wouldn't make the Pro Bowl.

On Pedigree alone, PRich has the best shot. It would be tough for any Seahawks WR to make the Pro Bowl though, even AJ Green on the Seahawks based on opportunities alone. So I'd say he has the best future chance as a kick/punt returner.

I still give Kevin Pierre Louis the best shot as a special teamer. They often given players with KPL's make up the award as a special teamer. All of the OLB are 3-4 OLB's like Aldon Smith so he has no shot at that.