If Seattle loses all games before BYE

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Hypothetically, if Seattle, loses all games before the BYE, there’s going to be some hard conversations (or maybe not so hard) but would you be all for a coaching change? And/or a quarterback change?

I feel like Seattle wants to address the quarterback position in 2024 and I for one, don’t think Drew Lock, is the successor.

You don’t keep a talented QB on the bench. If Lock is so talented, there would be no questions, he would outplay Geno all the time. And Lock would already be the starter. Hence, Lock’s level of talent is only a backup player, in this league.

I personally think, if Seattle goes 4-13 this year, a first round QB, is definitely a real possibility.

There are some good QB prospects coming up in the 2024 Draft that has more appeal than the 2023 Draft.

Penix, would probably be in range for Seattle, should, the Seahawks, finish around 4-14 to 7-10 this year.

Hell, Shadeur Sanders, may be in reach of Seattle picking next year.

I can’t say I’m not worried about Seattle not winning any games before the bye, cause, week 1, showed a lot of flaws with this team and the coaching it has had.

No wins before the bye is a genuine concern.

Rat

Reaction score
I'd laugh my ass off if we lost them all.

Did Lock even have a free agent visit with anyone else this past off-season? I mean, you might as well try him at that point, but I seriously doubt he has any hope to be a long-term starter. Look what his last team gave up to replace him...

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
If they lost all 4 games before the bye, it certainly would put Pete on the hot seat. I'd personally be pretty upset and embarrassed as a fan after all the hype of the off-season and the draft picks.

far north

Reaction score
If they lose all four there's a ball hawk free safety and a big cover box safety waiting for them in the draft

A-Dog

Reaction score
I can't see the Hawks being so bad that Pete gets fired mid-season. If you fire Pete while 99% of the potential replacements already have jobs, who are are you going to bring in that would make things better? You only do that if the team is completely dysfunctional and that's highly unlikely even with key injuries - the culture is too strong and the staff, while it may need upgrading, is at least competent.

It makes a lot more sense to take your lumps and make a change in the offseason when guys like Dan Quinn might be looking for a HC job. At that point you are likely getting rid of a lot of high-priced vets including your QB and starting a true rebuild.

knownone

Reaction score
Pete and John have the same power within the organization. John got a promotion in 2021, and now they're both Executive VP's of football operations. So, if he wanted to force Pete out, he could. However, that scenario seems unlikely and not something you'd do to a successful coach like Pete.

Torc

Reaction score
You don’t keep a talented QB on the bench. If Lock is so talented, there would be no questions, he would outplay Geno all the time. And Lock would already be the starter. Hence, Lock’s level of talent is only a backup player, in this league.

Steve Young waited behind Montana. Rodgers behind Favre. Love behind Rodgers. Brady behind Bledsoe. I'm not saying Lock is any of those.....but lots of talented QBs wait for their chance on the bench.

cymatica

Reaction score
The Lions are going to donkeypunch us this Sunday. I'm telling myself I shouldn't even watch.
I'm not expecting much with all the injuries, but more often than not, the Petehawks seem to exceed expectations when counted out.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Steve Young waited behind Montana. Rodgers behind Favre. Love behind Rodgers. Brady behind Bledsoe. I'm not saying Lock is any of those.....but lots of talented QBs wait for their chance on the bench.
None of those guys had trouble starting on one team before losing a qb competition on another.

Edit: completely forgot Young started on Bucs, he’s so imprinted as a Niner.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense to fire midseason. If the wheels fall off, you want to let it happen and evaluate in the offseason.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Pete has earned the right to not get ran out of Seattle mid-season. I don't see a single scenario where that happens. But if we end the season with 5-7 UGLY wins, after all the draft capital they had this season, then I am completely done with the Pete Carroll Seahawks. Thanks for all of the awesome memories, coach! But the game is no longer for you.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Pete has earned the right to not get ran out of Seattle mid-season. I don't see a single scenario where that happens. But if we end the season with 5-7 UGLY wins, after all the draft capital they had this season, then I am completely done with the Pete Carroll Seahawks. Thanks for all of the awesome memories, coach! But the game is no longer for you.
That’s exactly where I am with it.

Torc

Reaction score
None of those guys had trouble starting on one team before losing a qb competition on another.
Steve Young sucked on the Bucs. And then was not able to take the starting job when he was signed to another team.

Check this out: 3-8 TD/INT ratio in '85, 8-13 TD/INT ratio in 1986. If the interwebz had existed back then you know the 49er forums would be trashing him and wanting their team to draft Montana's replacement rather than hope for anything from this schmuck.

It's not a bad thing to be developing a young, talented QB. Even when his previous team didn't have a clue how to develop one.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Absolutely dreadful performance week one, so bad I didn’t even have the words or want to engage in the disgust. That being said, the flipping of many of you from boast to fire Pete/ burn it all down is asinine.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jody is not going to fire Pete no matter how bad the season is. He babysits the team for her. He's here until his contract is up regardless of their record for the next couple years. As for the games before the bye, I cant see the Hawks losing to the Panthers so 1-4 is probably the worst case scenario.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
If they lose all the games before the bye. I say we go all in and wear our throwback uniforms for the rest of the season and pretend it's the early 90's again.