If we were to trade our first round pick for a rb...

chris98251

Reaction score
A better question is where would Rawls be drafted if teams could have a mulligan last year?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Very weird question .. especially given our track record for trading 1st round picks.

I'd have traded several relatives for the shot at Todd Gurley though. I hate that he's in our division for the next decade.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Rawls off the PUP today..Christine Michael has looked good in practice..3 drafted RBs..

Would not ever trade a first round pick for a RB unless lighting hit the practice field where the RBs were practicing and AP had just turned 24.

Largent80

Reaction score
ACFan":6m5ufi1x said:
Largent80":6m5ufi1x said:
Rawls was a F.A. ...

exactly, and while it's hopeful he will have a good career playing at a high level, there are many examples of flash in the pan, 1 year sensations at RB the last 10 years.

A flash in the pan RB that was a free agent that your team passed on that is going to run all over you shortly.

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":9hu00nn9 said:
ACFan":9hu00nn9 said:
Largent80":9hu00nn9 said:
Rawls was a F.A. ...

exactly, and while it's hopeful he will have a good career playing at a high level, there are many examples of flash in the pan, 1 year sensations at RB the last 10 years.

A flash in the pan RB that was a free agent that your team passed on that is going to run all over you shortly.

Actually he is a Alex Collins fan and is hoping to have him play as the number 1 or two guy. Also most flash in the pan RB's play behind good lines not bad ones. Just need to look at the Cowboys RB situation prior to this year and the Patriots.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I love me some Rawls but those of you saying Rawls over Gurley are wiggity wiggity whack.

ACFan

Reaction score
chris98251":1ijagvuo said:
Actually he is a Alex Collins fan and is hoping to have him play as the number 1 or two guy.

Guilty as charged, happy that one of my all time favorite college players went to a perfect spot and a great team. Excited to fully embrace a new team like Seattle, whom I've always liked anyway since the franchise was born. (I was 10 at the time.)

Understanding the kind of pressure Wilson puts on defenses, what the zone blocking scheme is all about, and having watched AC and knowing what he is capable of, I feel I can see this coming from a mile away, perfect storm. Collins is going to do great.

AVL

Reaction score
Using the Lynch trade as a meter I think we ave to go for superman for a first round pick.

crosfam

Reaction score
Fournette will be a top 10, maybe top 5 pick. If we trade the 2017 32nd pick in the draft, we won't get up to get him. Really, nobody else is really worth it at this point. We probably will be looking to replenish a key FA loss with that pick, or trade back into the 2nd and get an additional pick for it.

Rawls or Collins will be our starter this year, and probably the year after.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Why would you trade a first round pick for a RB?

Never gonna happen so the "if" is pointless.

Only spot on the field I'm trading a round 1 pick for is a proven pass rusher, end of story.

Rat

Reaction score
Probably wouldn't do it, but for the sake of the exercise, here are the ones I'd at least think about:

Zeke Elliott
Todd Gurley
LeVeon Bell
TJ Yeldon
Carlos Hyde
David Johnson

That's not to say I think all those guys are better than Rawls, but they're players that I think are worth first-round picks. Probably wouldn't pull the trigger on it for this team though.

I haven't been paying a ton of attention, but why is Alex Collins already being enshrined? I take it he has been the subject of the offseason fluff pieces we see every year?

ACFan

Reaction score
Rat":f1nct9d1 said:
I haven't been paying a ton of attention, but why is Alex Collins already being enshrined? I take it he has been the subject of the offseason fluff pieces we see every year?

I think the primary answer is he's the only one not to have missed time due to injury.

Positive comments about him from CPC and Russell Wilson haven't hurt either.

There is plenty enough substance with Collins, regardless of the preseason "fluff", it's coming out in practice, seems logical it'll come out in games.

Own The West

Reaction score
Can I trade our first round pick and a rb for Malik McDowell?

Wartooth

Reaction score
Go to youtube, put Arkansas in the search, choose Razorback games...
They have the condensed version of these game, watch Collin's play.
He truly is 'BeastMode Jr.', like his nickname implies!
He, and Rawls could be the most brutal running back tandem in the NFL!
Can't wait.

Latest posts