Ifedi At It Again...

impacthawk

Reaction score
Every thing in the NFL is done with a purpose. Nothing is left for chance. The coaches know exactly what they are doing here. Think about how insignificant practice skirmishes are in the overall scheme of things. But think about how important it is for the guys to set the tone, and have an identity. This is Cables guy, and he let him know early that this could (and should be) Ifedi's line. We want to be tough, and mean and we wont back down to anybody. That does not start on the first snap of the first regular season game! It starts NOW! This will pay off in a big way by the end of the season. Remember, this is the exact reason that we drafted him. Plays with a mean streak. Let him play.
:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Are you saying that what this team needs is some more....

Dirtbags?

jim%20mora.jpg

bloodkingg

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1z0q4kyk said:
Smellyman":1z0q4kyk said:
bloodkingg":1z0q4kyk said:
I don't mind an attitude but shoving someone in the back is like the worse thing you can do in sports besides kicking someone in the groin or in the side of the knee. Not impressed.

Puhhlllleeeeaaase. He didn't punch him.

He's actually got a point. You can't completely prepare yourself for a shove in the back, and we just got over a scary moment of uncertainty about Reed because of...TADAAA, a 'shove in the back' from Pericek. He can shove opposing-team players in the back if he chooses to assert 'dominance' in that way; don't put your teammates at risk. To me, cheating doesn't show dominance; you have to have been beat in the first place to be in position to do that.

That and the back is highly complex with many parts. From small muscles to large ones to spinal and neck problems. An injury to the back is very easily career threatening and possibly the hardest to heal from. I'd rather be punched ANY day.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It's time for the boys to hit someone wearing different laundry.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1wt6yj4w said:
Smellyman":1wt6yj4w said:
bloodkingg":1wt6yj4w said:
I don't mind an attitude but shoving someone in the back is like the worse thing you can do in sports besides kicking someone in the groin or in the side of the knee. Not impressed.

He's actually got a point. You can't completely prepare yourself for a shove in the back, and we just got over a scary moment of uncertainty about Reed because of...TADAAA, a 'shove in the back' from Pericek. He can shove opposing-team players in the back if he chooses to assert 'dominance' in that way; don't put your teammates at risk. To me, cheating doesn't show dominance; you have to have been beat in the first place to be in position to do that.
Cheating?...His shoving in the back might have been in retaliation to something shitty that was said or done to him, and unless you were there to witness what actually transpired, it's a little quick to be criticizing, eh?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bloodkingg":3qu5rj8g said:
HawKnPeppa":3qu5rj8g said:
Smellyman":3qu5rj8g said:
bloodkingg":3qu5rj8g said:

That and the back is highly complex with many parts. From small muscles to large ones to spinal and neck problems. An injury to the back is very easily career threatening and possibly the hardest to heal from. I'd rather be punched ANY day.
Over-exaggerate much?....It was said that he SHOVED him in the back, not a drop kick, punch, or roundhouse for crying out loud.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
kidhawk":2mpn9e6a said:
I don't mind the fiery attitude, in fact I kinda like it in linemen. As long as it doesn't translate into stupid penalties or injuries at practices, I'm fine with it.

Although, a well timed penalty here and there wouldn't be entirely bad. Send a message that they aren't the push overs the league thinks they are gonna be. Get a nasty attitude. I love it.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Over-exaggerate much?....It was said that he SHOVED him in the back, not a drop kick, punch, or roundhouse for crying out loud.

And I am saying that's worse than any of those that you are listing off. When you're not prepared and someone pushes you in the back, it is 100% worse than being prepared and taking a "drop kick, punch, or roundhouse". Even if you're not prepared, those actions will only cause a severe bruise. Capitalizing "Shoved" does nothing for your case, that's the worst case scenario.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
This is great news.

Ifedi isn't an idiot. He's not a hot head. There were no issues at A&M with this.

He's standing up to the best defense in the league in preparation for the real stuff happening. Good for him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bloodkingg":jpp7tmlp said:

And I am saying that's worse than any of those that you are listing off. When you're not prepared and someone pushes you in the back, it is 100% worse than being prepared and taking a "drop kick, punch, or roundhouse". Even if you're not prepared, those actions will only cause a severe bruise. Capitalizing "Shoved" does nothing for your case, that's the worst case scenario.
:roll: And, unless you were there, you still have NOTHING.
You have NO knowledge of how hard he actually did shove him, I'm pretty sure that if he had pushed him hard enough to cause your "make believe" injury, there would have been a big to-do written about it....In other words,,,it's A NON- story.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3f64nuqu said:
bloodkingg":3f64nuqu said:

You have NO knowledge of how hard he actually did shove him, I'm pretty sure that if he had pushed him hard enough to cause your "make believe" injury, there would have been a big to-do written about it....In other words,,,it's A NON- story.

Agreed, I don't know, but neither do you.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
bloodkingg":sdtmabwg said:
scutterhawk":sdtmabwg said:
bloodkingg":sdtmabwg said:

Agreed, I don't know, but neither do you.

And to be clear, I just said I wasn't impressed. Not trying to make a story of it but it's not as impressive to me as it is to some of you. I'm allowed to my opinion, right man? Nothing you can say will change my mind on pushing someone in the back in any degree. But feel free to be impressed, I don't care.

billyberu

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that a roundhouse kick to the head is worse than a shove in the back, but it's a non-issue either way.
I'm just hoping that Ifedi is not only mean, but technically proficient. Neither Giacomini or Sweezy were close to being that.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bloodkingg":27a1d50y said:
bloodkingg":27a1d50y said:

Agreed, I don't know, but neither do you.[/quote]

And to be clear, I just said I wasn't impressed. Not trying to make a story of it but it's not as impressive to me as it is to some of you. I'm allowed to my opinion, right man? Nothing you can say will change my mind on pushing someone in the back in any degree. But feel free to be impressed, I don't care.[/quote]
I said nothing about being impressed, nor did I claim that I knew what had transpired, but I do know that we need OFFENSIVE linemen that won't wus out.
Couple Years back, there was a clamoring for some "Dirt Bag" Offensive Linemen, and now that we have a guy that refuses to take any shit, is setting the tone to matching the attacks by opposing Defenses that are COMING, some of Y'all are unimpressed? :roll:

mrt144

Reaction score
billyberu":2stsgmut said:
I'm pretty sure that a roundhouse kick to the head is worse than a shove in the back, but it's a non-issue either way.
I'm just hoping that Ifedi is not only mean, but technically proficient. Neither Giacomini or Sweezy were close to being that.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Ifedi is no Chuck Norris. That's both good and bad.

Rocket

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":325n3ecn said:
kidhawk":325n3ecn said:
I don't mind the fiery attitude, in fact I kinda like it in linemen. As long as it doesn't translate into stupid penalties or injuries at practices, I'm fine with it.
This. We've missed fire from the line since the big Russian days.
Who's a big Russian?

Jville

Reaction score
Rocket":1jrrm7i0 said:
Sports Hernia":1jrrm7i0 said:
kidhawk":1jrrm7i0 said:
Who's a big Russian?

He's referencing Breno Giacomini who is actually of Brazilian heritage and who is now with the Jets.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rocket":h521yfcd said:
Sports Hernia":h521yfcd said:
kidhawk":h521yfcd said:
Who's a big Russian?

Ivan drago / Hi res 106651532 crop north

Laloosh

Reaction score
If anyone has to explain the whole Lynch, Brino, Russian thing, I will be disappoint.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Haha!

Guess we're getting the Ifedi fan club all upset. Sorry, Scutter, not pissing in your Wheaties, but how about more of us being a fan of the whole team, and its well being, rather than worshipping one or two players. If he wants to shove somebody in the back, do it to an opposing team...I'm all for that. I wholeheartedly agree with everyone who said the team needs to line up against actual opponents. Thank goodness that is already happening. :2thumbs: