I'm calling this shot now.

themunn

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":er0u83x7 said:
Overseasfan":er0u83x7 said:
I'm not jumping on the 8-0 second half of the season bandwagon just yet. I could maybe see it happen if we beat Arizona after the bye though.

Am I right in thinking that no team has ever done that and won the Superbowl in recent history? I remember being nervous last year because we had gone unbeaten and yet the stats suggested a token loss in the regular season actually helps. We obviously lost to the Cards and won the Superbowl yet last year we fell at the last hurdle despite being unbeaten down the stretch.

I wonder what the longest unbeaten run is if you include the superbowl.

72 dolphins

sutz

Reaction score
Overseasfan":h4okxkj9 said:
Not saying we can't go to play-offs and potentially have a shot at the Superbowl if we don't beat the Cards but I simply don't feel like we are in a position to start thinking about undefeated runs. I feel like we truely have to take the games one at a time right now. At 4-4 there is just no room to underestimate teams and count games as wins beforehand.

The schedule allows for a good run but there are a couple of difficult games left so I'm not gonna jump on the hypetrain yet.
I agree with this for the most part. I think an 8-0 run is feasible, but I've been a 'one game at a time' rooter/prognosticator for a long time, from before Pete & Russ in fact. Good time for a bye for us.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
themunn":2oy7hy6y said:
UK_Seahawk":2oy7hy6y said:
Overseasfan":2oy7hy6y said:
I'm not jumping on the 8-0 second half of the season bandwagon just yet. I could maybe see it happen if we beat Arizona after the bye though.

Am I right in thinking that no team has ever done that and won the Superbowl in recent history? I remember being nervous last year because we had gone unbeaten and yet the stats suggested a token loss in the regular season actually helps. We obviously lost to the Cards and won the Superbowl yet last year we fell at the last hurdle despite being unbeaten down the stretch.

I wonder what the longest unbeaten run is if you include the superbowl.

72 dolphins

To be fair I did say "recent history". Maybe I should have said salary cap era.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
even the 72 Dolphins isn't the longest single season streak record. Patriots went 18-0 before losing the Super Bowl.

Alexander

Reaction score
Uncle Si":9iueexxu said:
even the 72 Dolphins isn't the longest single season streak record. Patriots went 18-0 before losing the Super Bowl.

I think he wanted examples where the team ended up winning the Super Bowl.

The 2003 Patriots won 12 in a row to end the regular season, then obviously went on to win the Super Bowl. So they won 15 in a row to end that season. Then they started the next season 6-0 before dropping a game. So if you're not limiting things to the same season, the '03-'04 Patriots won 21 games in a row, including a Super Bowl victory.

Latest posts