I'm not feeling a successful feeling at QB this season.Jimmy G.and a rookie is a better move.

SEAHAWK_AL72

Reaction score
Jimmy led the 49ers to NFC championship.As well as a SuperBowl appearance.With a run game and good Defense.Thats what the Hawks want.So go get it. The draft next year has QB potential if dont workout.Incosistant game play from what we have right now.Its not the feeling I had when Russ won the starting job his rookie year.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Hard Pass, just let Geno have the reigns and take the lumps as they come. Enjoy the nailbiters and laugh at the eventual drubbing.

The team needs to play hard week in and week out to show potential future signings (players/staff)0 that there is something special getting cooked in the PNW. There is a fresh crop of hungry youngsters that would love to be in Seattle next year if the team shows up this season regardless of record.

W

Welshers

If they wanted to win getting a QB is clearly the better option. Mayfield or Jimmy. I'm beginning to think the plan is to put bad players out there on purpose. They will still give a full effort, but they know they will lose with a high draft pick with Geno at QB

sutz

Reaction score
Meh, I'm no guru but somehow Jimmy G just doesn't sound like "the answer" right now...or ever for that matter.

W

Welshers

Meh, I'm no guru but somehow Jimmy G just doesn't sound like "the answer" right now...or ever for that matter.
sorry but Jimmy G is miles ahead of Geno. I don't care how good the rest of the team is, is there any world ever that you can imagine this team goes to the SB with Geno Smith as QB? Jimmy has played at a starter level and won big games. He isn't a top NFL QB, no, but he's better than what we have. If we want to be competitive we will try to get him. I don't know how competitive we really want to be.

flv2

Reaction score
With regards to a new QB option the Seahawks have passed the V1 point. During the season the team spends most of the time preparing for the next opponent. There's not enough time for a new QB to learn the playbook, get used to the timing/foibles of the players around him, and make changes. A new QB wouldn't be up to speed until Week 7.

Last edited:

flv2

Reaction score
I expect the 49ers to either cut Garappolo before their Week 1 game or re-sign him to a lesser value contract. I don't expect them to pay him $25.6M to be a back-up. Equally the 49ers have no reason to release him a minute earlier than they have to. If another team wanted him earlier they would have to agree terms with Garaoppolo and then trade a low pick to the 49ers. I'm pretty sure the 49ers would trade him to a rival for a low pick 2 weeks early rather than cut him but no team seems to be prepared to give up a pick. I don't blame other teams. Garoppolo is a decent starter but he's less valuable now than he was 2 months ago.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Actually I was thinking Geno and our new Oline was equivalent to having Russ but not quite, which is good for our draft pick.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Let's be real, Jimmy G is much better than Geno. And he was coming off the bench. Maybe at some point people will see Geno for what he is. An AVERAGE at best QB who only plays well when the game isn't on the line.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sorry but Jimmy G is miles ahead of Geno. I don't care how good the rest of the team is, is there any world ever that you can imagine this team goes to the SB with Geno Smith as QB? Jimmy has played at a starter level and won big games. He isn't a top NFL QB, no, but he's better than what we have. If we want to be competitive we will try to get him. I don't know how competitive we really want to be.
That wasn't his point, Jimmy G would likely win you more games alright, but if you're wanting to get a higher Draft pick? you STAY with Geno & let your Offensive line gain MUCH NEEDED experience, OR you'd be happy with winning 2 or maybe 3 more games and STILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS and get a LOWER in the 1st round Draft Pick?
There's a damned good reason the 9rs went with their Rookie over Jimmy G. and that is because they obviously feel that Trey Lance has a higher ceiling, and could maybe help get them OVER the top.
Besides, Geno getting experience with the # 1's is actually a good thing for your future BACKUP...yes?...no?