I'm sooooo glad we lost to the 49ers on 12/8

tom sawyer

Reaction score
There is no paybacks for them, but is for us. So called.
It just ramps us up more... if that is even possible!!

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
One less "edge". I realize it's minimal... but it's a part of competition!

Seeker

Reaction score
Remember they were celebrating after that like they just won the lottery?
they was talking big to, talking about how they'd see us again. yeah, in Seattle.

13thMan

Reaction score
I don't think the regular season games against them have any bearing on this game. NFCCG is a different animal altogether.

13thMan

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe they just won't show up at all and forfeit the game! Lol....

HoRneR

Reaction score
tom sawyer":n8909tv8 said:

Hell you can have that edge. More pressure on the seahawks you have that edge you have home field and you're the favorites. But you have a team that has never been this far in the playoffs which is a ton of pressure. 49ers are almost playing with house money being a wild card team that has no right to go to seattle and win this game since they've been blown out the last two times there.

jblaze

Reaction score
I don't think it has any bearing on this game at all.

Personally, I'm never happy we lost.

Axx

Reaction score
if we wouldve beat them the ninies probably wouldnt even be in the playoffs

Polaris

Reaction score
HoRneR":28cto3o1 said:
tom sawyer":28cto3o1 said:

Hell you can have that edge. More pressure on the seahawks you have that edge you have home field and you're the favorites. But you have a team that has never been this far in the playoffs which is a ton of pressure. 49ers are almost playing with house money being a wild card team that has no right to go to seattle and win this game since they've been blown out the last two times there.

I wouldn't say that. The 49ners wanted this game to be in the Stick and we both know it. Actually if anyone is "riding their luck" it's the 49ners. That's OK. Niner luck will come to an end this weekend. The Niners don't play well in Seattle and that's not going to change now.

Polaris

Reaction score
Axx":mf9n8lvz said:
if we wouldve beat them the ninies probably wouldnt even be in the playoffs

Nah. San Fran would almost certainly have won out anyway finishing the season 11-5. The playoffs would have looked the same. Even before that game, the Niners were almost an iron lock for a wildcard spot.

HoRneR

Reaction score
Polaris":1h8wzy9c said:
HoRneR":1h8wzy9c said:
tom sawyer":1h8wzy9c said:

I wouldn't say that. The 49ners wanted this game to be in the Stick and we both know it. Actually if anyone is "riding their luck" it's the 49ners. That's OK. Niner luck will come to an end this weekend. The Niners don't play well in Seattle and that's not going to change now.

Ive seen that said alot on here but somehow the seahawks dreadful offense can just magically snap out of it this week according to some on this board. Also hell yea the niners wanted this game at home.

Polaris

Reaction score
HoRneR":3nzerduk said:
Ive seen that said alot on here but somehow the seahawks dreadful offense can just magically snap out of it this week according to some on this board. Also hell yea the niners wanted this game at home.

1. Seattle's offense is not "dreadful". Wilson's passing game of late isn't all that, but we did score 23 points all on offense. The same number the niners did. 140yrds, 2TDs from Lynch is not dreadful.

2. Seattle's offense was actually worse in week 2 and we won anyway. My point is that our offense doesn't have to be all that great to beat your team in Seattle.

13thMan

Reaction score
Whoa there fella! "Dreadful offense"??? I agree it's not prolific, and maybe it's been stuck in the mud a little but... dreadful? C'mon...

HoRneR

Reaction score
13thMan":1q8txu88 said:
Whoa there fella! "Dreadful offense"??? I agree it's not prolific, and maybe it's been stuck in the mud a little but... dreadful? C'mon...

Haha I am sorry I went to far :) dreadful was just the first word to pop in my head for some reason

13thMan

Reaction score
I get it, yeah... I think it will take 20+ to win this game. If your defense plays like it did in Carolina, could be tough... I think 20 is probably enough for either team to get it done is my guess. Will be damn fun to watch though!

Pak40.

Reaction score
As I posted in another thread, this game very may of well been in SF. I believe if the Niners won that saints game, they would have the same record as Seattle and hold the tie breakers. Is that true? IF it is, the flag on Brooks at the end when he sacked Brees cost the Niners HFA. Because if that flag was not thrown, the Niners win that game. I have not seen any talking heads or experts mention that, so it may not be true. IF it is though, that is one hell of a flag.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think it's a good thing. Beating any team three times in a single season is a tall order. I feel better about it being a level playing field in terms of adjustments and motivation.

minormillikin

Reaction score
In that case, I think it would be great if we lost on Sunday. Think of the chip on the shoulder for next season! Plus, it would be another valuable wake-up call.

/sarcasm off