Why they lost this game

Lennie

Reaction score
Exactly. I don't understand the clamoring for Lock.

The team is 5-3. They're not in a position to change QBs. If Lock truly was better, I'd imagine he'd be starting. I saw enough game film of him in Denver to understand why they were okay to move on from him.
I don’t think was as much clamoring for Lock, as to just get him some reps when the game was out of reach. Once Baltimore put in their back up quarterback It gave Pete an opening to put in Lock.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Nah it is Geno’s fault. Like PC said at halftime he’s gotta get that ball out of his hands quicker. Not getting at least 3 points before halftime IS his fault and giving up another 3 to make it a 2 score game instead of 1 IS on him too. That changes everything, he’s regressing. Also Romo pointed out a WR screen that should have been audibled to that he failed to read on a blitz.
Romo doesn't know what our audibles are. Audibles are setup pre-game. There no such thing as a WR screen audible in and of itself unless it's put in thar week

far north

Reaction score
Both lines got squashed and Geno was banking on his weapons having enough time to get open with him sitting in the pocket.The way the rush was coming around the tackles i wished Geno took off running up the middle on occasion but all in all wouldn't have made much of a difference.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
But you see that's the point. Geno is middling at best. He's never going to be the reason we win. Look at all the serious contenders and you'll see teams with good to great QBs.

Geno is middling.
Meh. Weak take. Geno is not going to the Hall of Fame. Nobody is going to confuse him for an All Pro QB. But despite this game, and his recent struggles, he is a good QB. Not middling. Not great. Not awful. He's good. Don't let recency bias taint reality.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't want to bring this up, but I think fans are slowly realizing that all that blame they threw at Wilson isn't near as valid as they thought it once was.
It's all Pete Carroll's fault.. he has been accused of being a QB Coddler! He coddled Wilson and now he is coddling GENO! I think these charges against Pete are VERY unhealthy... yes sir... very very Unhealthy! And personally I'm done with it!! I can not believe that Jodi Allan allowed this unjustice to happen!! I think it's a conspiracy of epic proportions!! It's ugly!!! Its UGLY, ITS JUST PLAIN ASS UGLY!!!! It's uglier than my first girl friend in which I SUFFER PTSD from that experience!! I have to go see my therapist over that Sh!t!!! And they want me do deal with THIS!!! THIS!!! I mean who the holy hell is this WOMAN!!!!

LTH

seahawks08

Reaction score
I hope the group grows efficient soon. When your scripted play’s didn’t work, I know it’s going to be long day. They should have run more and we never was coming back, we should have practiced more runs to give these RBs reps in the live game and rested some of our players. I know quitting is not good but you can use it to practice some of your concepts. If Geno can consistently look away instead of staring down receivers, scramble a bit helps throw off aggressive defense. We should take some deep shots early on to keep the defense honest. Play calling and execution along with defense too long on the field made everything worse.

themunn

Reaction score
Geno was pressured on 49% of dropbacks.

The only game where a team has faced a higher rate this year was the Giants against us, and we know how that turned out.

Fix the oline and fix the problem. Peters looked every bit has 41 years. But Baltimore are a great team, they will do the same to more teams this year.

hawker84

Reaction score
The Seahawks lost this game because the O line got their ass kicked in the trenches. That Ravens D is a VERY special D.

Why everybody thinks it's Geno's fault is beyond me. It's just stupidity... the Hawks rushed 15 for 28 yards and that's Geno's fault?

Yeah Geno had an INT but it didn't affect the game as the Seahawk D took it right back Geno was sacked 4 times for 38 yards but the pressures he got were enormous!

TOP was 40 min Ravens ,20 min Seahawks that why the Seahawks gave up so many points because they were on the field for way more than they should have.

Did Geno have his best game ... no he did not but what do you really expect a QB to do under that amount of pressure?

Hawks got there ass kicked from a better team... it happens this is the NFL..

This loss doesn't matter. Learn from it and move on.

What matters is how they play down the stretch...

LTH
💯

Reactions: LTH

hawker84

Reaction score
But you see that's the point. Geno is middling at best. He's never going to be the reason we win. Look at all the serious contenders and you'll see teams with good to great QBs.

Geno is middling.
How can you say that when the man literally has zero time to do anything? Please backcourt claims with stats.

Reactions: LTH

Wheetie

Reaction score
My opinion why they lost this game, same reason they lost the Rams game. 1st game of the year and they had added Wagner, Love, Jones, Reed, Spoon, JSN, etc. All the pieces were now in place so success should be easily achieved right? Same thing for this game, they added Williams and he's the missing piece so success should come easy right? Didn't you all see the videos of how much fun they were all having and basketball tournaments and such? Both games they forgot that personnel only goes so far and you still have to fight and claw to earn each win. And as far as coaching goes, adding all that talent just gives them, (Pete) more reason to stay the course with his philosophy and not needing to deviate at all, both in pre-game planning and also in game adjustments. Hopefully they respond next Sunday after this latest wake up call. Just my take

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Meh. Weak take. Geno is not going to the Hall of Fame. Nobody is going to confuse him for an All Pro QB. But despite this game, and his recent struggles, he is a good QB. Not middling. Not great. Not awful. He's good. Don't let recency bias taint reality.
I agree with this.

For those saying Geno was the problem, you aren't trying hard enough to view the game accurately. Geno did the best he could with the play calls made.

For the most part, the calls were dogshit bad. That's on Shane. Credit of course to Baltimore, they played a great game.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
When a defense is on the field for most of the game, they get tired.

Maybe the defense shouldn't be so bad that they allow long lengthy drives.

I learned decades ago to never blame the offense for the defense. I've seen plenty of teams with bad offenses that still seem to have a defense good enough to keep their opponents under 20 points consistently. Why didn't all those defenses "get tired" and consistently give up 40 points?

Last edited:

Xxx

Reaction score
Nah it is Geno’s fault. Like PC said at halftime he’s gotta get that ball out of his hands quicker. Not getting at least 3 points before halftime IS his fault and giving up another 3 to make it a 2 score game instead of 1 IS on him too. That changes everything, he’s regressing. Also Romo pointed out a WR screen that should have been audibled to that he failed to read on a blitz.
Not the only thing that announcers have pointed out about him. He misses blitzes every week, remember Aaron Donald “ oh my gawd”

Xxx

Reaction score
Maybe the defense shouldn't be so bad that they allow long lengthy drives.

I learned decades ago to never blame the offense for the defense. I've seen plenty of teams with bad offenses that still seem to have a defense good enough to keep their opponents under 20 points consistently. Why didn't all those defenses "get tired" and consistently give up 40 points?
I’ve also seen offenses have 50 point shootouts. The point is after the first td that Baltimore scored the game was already over

themunn

Reaction score
What about the defense giving up 37 points? No matter how bad your offense is, that is really, really bad.
I'm not giving a pass to the defense, but they were definitely worn down by the long drives and that's when the poor tackling really started.
We forced 2 punts and a fumble in 3 of first 4 drives, and in 6 drives in first half (not excluding the gimme FG at end of half) was 2 punts, 2 TDs and 2 fumbles. In the meantime our offense managed 11 minutes of possession for 89 yards, 4 punts, an interception, a fumble and a field goal.

The 2 drives they had in the third quarter basically ended them, even though we managed to hold them to just a FG in each, but Baltimore had the ball for 10 minutes while our offense managed 5 yards and another 3 and out. Maybe if we hold them on that 4th and 1 where Jones went offsides we still have a chance, but after that they wore us down for another 6 minutes and put it up to 23-3 and I knew it was over. At that point the TOP was 30:52 to 12:38. It's no surprise that they busted out 40 and 60 yard runs after that point

cymatica

Reaction score
You know what they say: anytime your defense gives up 300 rushing yards on 7.3YPC, it's because your QB had a lousy game against the #1 defense in the league.
Not just the QB, the entire offense from the execution to the play calling. The play calling is the main culprit though as it made it tougher to execute not adjusting to what the #1 defense is doing, combined with not sticking with the run.

That play calling though, yuk. At least a few sustained drives would have helped the defense tremendously.