I'm sorry, but we need to talk about this

LTH

Reaction score
xray":2qbjzr5r said:
They let KJ walk so phuk em .

I mean... I get that! Kj was elite in my mind....I but it just speaks to Carroll's confidence in Brooks ability in which we have yet to see we've seen flashes..

LTH

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Rhattigan has proven he is a ballhawk on special teams, he's got the speed and a focus to make plays on defense. Rhattigan is the same size as Wagner -4 pounds and his coverage skills may not be as good, but he does have a military offices focus. I think he can hold his own in a game, not olny that, but I believe you'd see him making plays on the offensive side on the ball.

We would know what we have in the Rat and Bobby would be on fresher legs to start the second half of the season. From a teams aspect this is a smart move.

Cheers

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
LTH":1wj6xvsm said:
xray":1wj6xvsm said:
They let KJ walk so phuk em .

I mean... I get that! Kj was elite in my mind....I but it just speaks to Carroll's confidence in Brooks ability in which we have yet to see we've seen flashes..

LTH

Moreso Darrell Taylor's ability, honestly.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chawker":3i77yfx9 said:
Rhattigan has proven he is a ballhawk on special teams, he's got the speed and a focus to make plays on defense. Rhattigan is the same size as Wagner -4 pounds and his coverage skills may not be as good, but he does have a military offices focus. I think he can hold his own in a game, not olny that, but I believe you'd see him making plays on the offensive side on the ball.

We would know what we have in the Rat and Bobby would be on fresher legs to start the second half of the season. From a teams aspect this is a smart move.

Cheers

Taking the leader of the defense off the field to give the 3rd string UDFA rookie MIKE (maybe fourth when considering Brooks) evaluation snaps in the regular season is not at all a smart move.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2jte55kw said:
Taking the leader of the defense off the field to give the 3rd string UDFA rookie MIKE (maybe fourth when considering Brooks) evaluation snaps in the regular season is not at all a smart move.

We're already dead last place in defense and losing games that should be winnable. Steelers look to be an awful team this year. At this point, how much worse could it get?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":2nqyypll said:
Maelstrom787":2nqyypll said:

We're already dead last place in defense and losing games that should be winnable. Steelers look to be an awful team this year. At this point, how much worse could it get?

It can always be worse. This idea presents hardly any upside. Things being bad isn't a reason to do things to make them worse by saying "Welp, that tears it. Let's put our 3rd string Mike in to replace a regressing but still good player, just because."

2-3 is hardly a death sentence. There's still opportunity, although dwindling opportunity, to get to the postseason.

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
sutz":16ykbvik said:
I suspect that Bobby's biggest problem is the lessening of talent around him, thus forcing him to try to make plays that he shouldn't have to. The KJ ship has sailed, no need to re-litigate that. BBK fell to injury, so we have to rely on young guys who are still learning like Barton and Brooks. They make mistakes and perhaps Wags's ability to cover for them is reduced by age and time, but we need more guys to step up, show some discipline, and do their jobs.

I don't think our problems on D can be laid on just one player.

How about a coach. Shoulda brought back Quinn and got rid of Norton. D has gotten worse every year he;s been in there.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1b37o0au said:
MyrtleHawk":1b37o0au said:
Maelstrom787":1b37o0au said:

It can always be worse. This idea presents hardly any upside. Things being bad isn't a reason to do things to make them worse by saying "Welp, that tears it. Let's put our 3rd string Mike in to replace a regressing but still good player, just because."

2-3 is hardly a death sentence. There's still opportunity, although dwindling opportunity, to get to the postseason.

True, I guess what I'm saying is throw Rhatt in the fire and see if he succeeds during the Steelers game for a drive or two. I'm not suggesting replace Wagz completely at all.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Of all the players from the SB winning team, I think Bobby is/was my favorite. What's funny is that he was killing it even in 2012-2014 but he was overshadowed by the LOB (To put it in perspective, he didn't even have a Jersey for fans to buy until about 2014-2015). Age waits for no person, it's a bummer HIS prime got wasted more so than RW. I think it could be argued that BW was beter at his position than RW is at QB. I think in his situation though especially as a team leader, you can't bench him. You can draft his eventual replacement but that's about it. Man I love BW, I do hope he decides to stick it out (with something that works contract wise) for the team through his career.

toffee

Reaction score
Playing all those snaps, nearly 100% snaps in so many years has taken a toll on Bobby's body, might even some mental fatigue. May be it's time for Bobby to enjoy a reduced snap counts to preserve his body and sharpen mental edge.

If Bobby would to take more breathers, who could step in? Barton?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk