Imagine trading Russ & watch him light it up on another team

had2bhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1usuie8i said:
That's cute. Stafford over Russ? You're not supposed to drink the bong water.
I think you should be sending flowers to the Ref who magically decided to FINALLY call holding......on a ticky tack "hold"

GO HAWKS
Not to mention Tartt dropping the Stafford pass that hit him in the chest in the NFCC.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm 50/50 on whether or not he gets traded and of course depending who he is traded to if that happens, that roster and that coach..oh and the defensive strengths and weaknesses of the new team's divisional rivals...would also factor into whether or not he would light it up on another team or not.

John63

Reaction score
ZagHawk":xsex0odb said:
I'm 50/50 on whether or not he gets traded and of course depending who he is traded to if that happens, that roster and that coach..oh and the defensive strengths and weaknesses of the new team's divisional rivals...would also factor into whether or not he would light it up on another team or not.

He could light it up on any team. Whether or not that team would win would depend on other factors

LoyalRam

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":308k4tbm said:
Yeah, let's ignore the absolute MUGGING by Ramsey (who got totally outplayed in the SB) in the end zone on 3rd down, first Cincy drive. Nice try.
Instead of 1st and goal, they have to settle for 3.

F the Rams, period. This is a SEAHAWKS board. Not a make excuses for the Rams board.
ok, whatever keeps you warm at night. I was responding to Stafford being better than RW, but then you downshifted into being butthurt about the Rams victory in Super Bowl 56. Believe what you want, while we polish the Lombardi. :D

LoyalRam

Reaction score
had2bhawk":2hletyhx said:
SoulfishHawk":2hletyhx said:
That's cute. Stafford over Russ? You're not supposed to drink the bong water.
I think you should be sending flowers to the Ref who magically decided to FINALLY call holding......on a ticky tack "hold"

GO HAWKS
Not to mention Tartt dropping the Stafford pass that hit him in the chest in the NFCC.

That was a glorified punt with more than 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter if Tartt didn't flub it. But he DID not make the play, and the Rams ultimately did.

John63

Reaction score
LoyalRam":1jdquwis said:
SoulfishHawk":1jdquwis said:
Yeah, let's ignore the absolute MUGGING by Ramsey (who got totally outplayed in the SB) in the end zone on 3rd down, first Cincy drive. Nice try.

F the Rams, period. This is a SEAHAWKS board. Not a make excuses for the Rams board.
ok, whatever keeps you warm at night. I was responding to Stafford being better than RW, but then you downshifted into being butthurt about the Rams victory in Super Bowl 56. Believe what you want, while we polish the Lombardi. :D

Well, the FACTS clearly SHOW he is not better than Wilson.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is funny.

If an imaginary penalty did not magically give the Rams another set of downs (it would have been 4th down), then the Bengals would have won and the big story from the SuperBowl would have been how Stafford wilted when he had his chance.

Stafford isn't close to being in Wilson's league.

And frankly only won because his team was walked into a win, in the final moments, which prevented the other team from being able to come back in time. Even then, they were calling the SB ridiculously one-sided, missing offsides, illegal formations, and outright pass interference by the Rams.

The Bengals screwed themselves by getting away from the run, that is clear. So they own part of that loss. But let's not pretend that was some incredible job by Stafford.

Comparing Stafford to Wilson is laughable.

LoyalRam

Reaction score
John63":12pa0406 said:
LoyalRam":12pa0406 said:
SoulfishHawk":12pa0406 said:

Well, the FACTS clearly SHOW he is not better than Wilson.

*shrugs. To each his own. I'd rather have the guy who just won a Super Bowl, but hey, RW doesn't suck.

LoyalRam

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":52xoslfy said:
That is funny.

If an imaginary penalty did not magically give the Rams another set of downs (it would have been 4th down), then the Bengals would have won and the big story from the SuperBowl would have been how Stafford wilted when he had his chance.

Stafford isn't close to being in Wilson's league.

And frankly only won because his team was walked into a win, in the final moments, which prevented the other team from being able to come back in time. Even then, they were calling the SB ridiculously one-sided, missing offsides, illegal formations, and outright pass interference by the Rams.

The Bengals screwed themselves by getting away from the run, that is clear. So they own part of that loss. But let's not pretend that was some incredible job by Stafford.

Comparing Stafford to Wilson is laughable.

This offseason cemented Stafford's entry into the HOF, He already had the numbers, but now he has three comeback wins from either being behind or tied and making a game winning drive in each game. You can say it was luck, but that's loser talk. He did it and haters can't take it away. No other QB has done that in one playoff run, like he has.

But hey, the thread is about RW leaving and doing great things. Maybe the Steelers will get him? Who will the Hawks put out there? He will do great in any division that doesn't have Aaron freakin' Donald.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You are giving credit to the wrong guy. The guy that drove those comebacks was Kupp.

Stafford had OBJ and Kupp, of course he was able to pass the ball well - especially against the freaking Bengals who didn't really have that great of a pass rush.

You beat the Rams by running the ball at the them and rushing the QB, because Stafford wilts under pressure and because the Rams OL isn't that great. The Bengals didn't do those things so they lost, but the referees clearly assisted that loss.

If you want to pretend Stafford earned it, hey that is cute, have at it.

It was blatantly obvious what happened in reality.

LoyalRam

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2smxomfw said:
You are giving credit to the wrong guy. The guy that drove those comebacks was Kupp.

Stafford had OBJ and Kupp, of course he was able to pass the ball well - especially against the freaking Bengals who didn't really have that great of a pass rush.

You beat the Rams by running the ball at the them and rushing the QB, because Stafford wilts under pressure and because the Rams OL isn't that great. The Bengals didn't do those things so they lost, but the referees clearly assisted that loss.

Stafford wilts under pressure?....My God...lol

Game winning drive after Brady tied the 27-27 with less than a minute left...Stafford and Kupp make two gutsy completions to put the Rams in FG range with 6 seconds left. Rams win.

Game winning drive to put the Rams into FG range, Matt Gay kicked it, but Stafford to Kupp put the ball in position to make the kick, and Aaron Donald sealed the deal and Jimmy G. threw the pick because of it.

Game winning, 18 play drive with Kupp. One specific no-look pass by Stafford that's one for the ages, to Kupp. Finally, capped by a perfect fade route TD to go ahead with a couple of minutes left. Donald again sealed the deal to win Super Bowl 56.

Make no mistake, Kupp had one helluva season, but how did Kupp do with Goff last year, vs. with Stafford this year? Yeah, get back to me on that "Stafford wilts under pressure" narrative.

John63

Reaction score
LoyalRam":3qwus8kn said:
TwistedHusky":3qwus8kn said:

Stafford wilts under pressure?....My God...lol

Game winning drive after Brady tied the 27-27 with less than a minute left...Stafford and Kupp make two gutsy completions to put the Rams in FG range with 6 seconds left. Rams win.

Game winning drive to put the Rams into FG range, Matt g** kicked it, but Stafford to Kupp put the ball in position to make the kick, and Aaron Donald sealed the deal and Jimmy G. threw the pick because of it.

Game winning, 18 play drive with Kupp. One specific no-look pass by Stafford that's one for the ages, to Kupp. Finally, capped by a perfect fade route TD to go ahead with a couple of minutes left. Donald again sealed the deal to win Super Bowl 56.

Make no mistake, Kupp had one helluva season, but how did Kupp do with Goff last year, vs. with Stafford this year? Yeah, get back to me on that "Stafford wilts under pressure" narrative.

So a few things I don't agree with Stafford Wilts under pressure he and Wilson are 4 and 5th in comeback wins.
As to the whole Goff Stafford thing Stafford is way better than Goff.

All that said as I showed Stafford is not better than Wilson. Not saying he is not a great QB, just not better than Wilson.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
massari":25ouhu0k said:
MyrtleHawk":25ouhu0k said:
Okay, and now imagine trading Russ for multiple 1st rounders & watch him have the same issues he has here on another team.
Why would teams give up multiple 1sts for a QB in his mid 30's that has so many issues?

Bloggers have figured out he has lost his mobility, can't produce from the pocket and needs an elite run game to have any sort of success, so I'm assuming GMs have come to this conclusion as well.

2nd rounder for Wilson if we're lucky

None of what you just wrote is even remotely accurate. SMH.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He's not going to resign here and if he does Seattle will have to pay him 45mill minimum. Metcalf at 20mill sorry you will never win a SB with that much salary in two players. Time to trade him is now. If not your just kicking the can down the road 1 more year and settling for less compensation . Trade him now take Matt Corral i think Matt is better throwing the ball than Willis obviously Willis has the edge in physical traits and has the bigger arm but Corral has better accuracy and touch imo. Also Willis is going to get massively overdrafted probably top ten off the board. Or just wait and draft a QB in the following draft.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Look, we've all probably said some dumb things over the years on here. But "lucky" to get a 2nd rounder for Russ?
Possibly the dumbest thing ever said on this page. And that's saying a lot.