Important NFL offseason dates prior to training camps

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I have legitimately never been as interested in a Seahawks offseason as I have this one.

The year after 2021 and the quest for Russ's replacement was interesting, but I didn't follow that closely until we were almost into preseason.

OP
OP
Hawknight

Hawknight

Reaction score
I have legitimately never been as interested in a Seahawks offseason as I have this one.

The year after 2021 and the quest for Russ's replacement was interesting, but I didn't follow that closely until we were almost into preseason.
I agree, a lot of changes are in store for the Seahawks now that the staff openings have been mostly filled.Now it's time to start eyeing the draft, I don't watch the Combine and/or give it much attention.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score

When does NFL free agency start in 2024?​

• Legal tampering period: March 11-13
  • Start of NFL free agency: 4 p.m. ET Wednesday, March 13
The NFL's new league year will start at 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 13. As per usual, free agency will begin at the same time.

But teams "are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents" during the two-day period ahead of free agency, per the NFL. The so-called "legal tampering window" will open at noon ET Monday, March 11.

Teams must choose before the start of free agency whether to use their franchise tag. The tag period runs through 4 p.m. ET Tuesday, March 5. A player must be tagged — or agree to a contract extension — before then to avoid becoming a free agent.

Other notable happenings that will occur on March 13:

• At 4 p.m. ET, all 2023 player contracts expire.
  • Prior to 4 p.m. ET, teams must be under the 2024 salary cap of $250 million (top-51 rule begins).
  • Prior to 4 p.m. ET, teams must exercise options for 2024 on all players who have option clauses in their 2023 contracts.
  • Prior to 4 p.m. ET, teams must submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents with expiring contracts in order to retain a right of first refusal/compensation.
  • Prior to 4 p.m. ET, teams must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2024 contracts who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.
  • The first day of the 2024 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on March 13. Teams receive a personnel notice that includes all transactions submitted to the league after 4 p.m. ET that day.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I agree, a lot of changes are in store for the Seahawks now that the staff openings have been mostly filled.Now it's time to start eyeing the draft, I don't watch the Combine and/or give it much attention.
The NFL combine is pretty fun to watch for me anyways.

Speed, strength, agility, all of this is stuff you see if the players look like how they do when they are on the field in pads.

Sometimes it matches what you see on film and sometimes it doesn’t match.

And that’s the fun part of the combine.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score

Same. I was about done watching if it was going to be more of the same. Jody and John tossed that up at the right time. Now it’s all wide open. Refreshing to say the least.