Injury Report for 1/5/19 Dallas Game

A-Dog

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3kr6dpuq said:
MontanaHawk05":3kr6dpuq said:
Nah. Pocic wasn't missing assignments nearly this bad last year. He's just straight-up regressed.

Time on the bench might be at fault for that, but at this point, we don't have the luxury of playing him to find out.

Wasn't Pocic the week one starter? Didn't his early season injury coincide with Sweezy getting over his own injury? I agree that his lack of meaningful game reps are part of the reason. But at the same time, he didn't take full advantage of the opportunity given to him in the off-season. And you're correct, there's no way you could stick him back in there for Sweezy when the line was clicking.
Pocic has been terrible from the beginning. Not only do we not have the luxury of playing him, but IMO we no longer have the luxury of gifting him a roster spot based on his potential/draft position. Lack of depth at OG has definitely been a problem this year, hope we don't make the same mistake at the start of next season.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":12nqzdas said:
The Cowboys starting LG did not practice this week and is listed as doubtful. That means a rookie is likely to be starting at LG. Jarran Reed is going to eat.

Every time this scenario happens where a rookie O-Lineman is going against the Seahawks D and we think it's going to be sack central, it does not happen.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
ZagHawk":391z0gi0 said:
hawknation2018":391z0gi0 said:
The Cowboys starting LG did not practice this week and is listed as doubtful. That means a rookie is likely to be starting at LG. Jarran Reed is going to eat.

Every time this scenario happens where a rookie O-Lineman is going against the Seahawks D and we think it's going to be sack central, it does not happen.

That's a rather pessimistic response.

Sacks are only one component of pressures. There are also hurried throws, forced errors, hits, throw away, ect. This will be the Cowboys first on the field experience with Pooda Ford. He and others facilitate more options in how Jarran Reed is used. Everybody is healthy. Jacob Martin has carved out a bigger role in their rotation. A lot of energy and advantageous match ups from this roster of 10 healthy linemen available for this game.

Defensive Line Coach Clint Hurtt is under appreciated. He has done a stand up coaching job this year. We'll see heighten evidence of that in this first play off game. It's gonna be a great spectacle.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Jville":aktmym2x said:
ZagHawk":aktmym2x said:
hawknation2018":aktmym2x said:

That's a rather pessimistic response.

Kinda true, though. Somehow opposing injuries cause the rest of the team to play inspired.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Not sure I buy all this Pocic hate. Did we learn nothing from the histories of Carpenter, Britt, Sweezy, Ifedi? All were awful their first two seasons and then moved into good/serviceable in year 3.
Some OL take time especially now when so many come from spread programs and have no fundamentals.

Can’t we have a rule on .NET restricting slagging of OL before year 3? People who ignore history are doomed to repeat it and this trend has been going on for a decade.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1581wkiq said:
Not sure I buy all this Pocic hate. Did we learn nothing from the histories of Carpenter, Britt, Sweezy, Ifedi? All were awful their first two seasons and then moved into good/serviceable in year 3.
Some OL take time especially now when so many come from spread programs and have no fundamentals.

Can’t we have a rule on .NET restricting slagging of OL before year 3? People who ignore history are doomed to repeat it and this trend has been going on for a decade.

Naw.....they would whine about something else. Trends are trendy, but sometimes they dont work. Oh and one more thing....most other teams are using that pattern and their fans are taking the same entitled opinion. I want it now, mine mine mine. Maybe that is why the XFL may work....they can have someone else make their cowpie and eat it too. :mrgreen:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Wait a minute.... is CJ Procise actually available? Is he our secret weapon for the playoffs?

chris98251

Reaction score
Mad Dog":36b2l949 said:

Well since Prosise is on IR who do you want as the .Net whipping boy, Ifedi has improved this year and we can't blame him like the last two years.