Friday Injury Report @ Bengals

kidhawk

Reaction score

The bye week seems to have done us some good (Luck's ankle not withstanding). Only Bryant and Burns are ruled out for this week. Cross is definitely ready to go this week. Said Haynes should be able to play Sunday. Lewis who is listed as doubtful will be a game time decision. Pete said he could be available "Maybe if we need him". Sounds like he's more than likely to sit. Pete also said that Lock stepped on someone's foot in practice and they weren't sure how it'd be today, but he practiced and did ok. Sounds like he'll be our backup this weekend.

Seattle Seahawks

Out
  • CB/S Coby Bryant (toe)
  • CB Artie Burns (hamstring)
Doubtful
  • G Damien Lewis (ankle)
Questionable
  • QB Drew Lock (ankle)
  • G Phil Haynes (calf)

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Lock getting tweaked makes sense for the Ahlers signing. Not thrilled about both CBs still being out but fingers crossed on Adams staying in the whole game. Thank goodness the OL is shaping up again. Any word on Lucas? Is IR 4 weeks or does it work like a suspension and the bye week doesn't count?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Lock getting tweaked makes sense for the Ahlers signing. Not thrilled about both CBs still being out but fingers crossed on Adams staying in the whole game. Thank goodness the OL is shaping up again. Any word on Lucas? Is IR 4 weeks or does it work like a suspension and the bye week doesn't count?

I read in another thread during the bye that he isn't quite ready to come back yet. I can't say if it's because he's not healthy enough or if it's due to timing rules for coming off of IR, but hopefully he'll be back soon. The good news is the young guys (with help) got some good experience and we were able to still get 3 wins out of it.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I read in another thread during the bye that he isn't quite ready to come back yet. I can't say if it's because he's not healthy enough or if it's due to timing rules for coming off of IR, but hopefully he'll be back soon. The good news is the young guys (with help) got some good experience and we were able to still get 3 wins out of it.

On Monday, Carroll said this about Lucas, who's eligible to come off IR next week:
"We've invested so much time in his recovery we don't want to screw it up and bring him back too fast, so we'll be patient with it and see what happens. But he's going to make it back here within the next couple of weeks."

Boldface and color emphasis is mine.

sutz

Reaction score
I believe Lucas's IR can come off next week if he's ready medically.