Interceptions

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
In just 4 games as a Seahawk.....Diggs already has 3 interceptions. In 3 years as a Seahawk.....Shaquill Griffin has just 3 interceptions. Don't ever compare Griffin to Richard Sherman. Even if Sherman has lost a step....speed was never his game. His game is a lot based on mental smarts. I do not think Griffin will ever have that savvy.

getnasty

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":3hs2u2t2 said:
In just 4 games as a Seahawk.....Diggs already has 3 interceptions. In 3 years as a Seahawk.....Shaquill Griffin has just 3 interceptions. Don't ever compare Griffin to Richard Sherman. Even if Sherman has lost a step....speed was never his game. His game is a lot based on mental smarts. I do not think Griffin will ever have that savvy.

Why in the world would you try to hate on Griffin for no reason? Did he bang your girl or something? 8th out of 116
pff ranking, he's not as bad as you make him.

JGreen79

Reaction score
getnasty":3kc0pahh said:
vigilantgrrl":3kc0pahh said:

Why in the world would you try to hate on Griffin for no reason? Did he bang your girl or something? 8th out of 116

Clearly, interceptions are the only way to measure good coverage. Just like sacks are the only way to measure pass rush.

hawker84

Reaction score
getnasty":1cewbo67 said:
vigilantgrrl":1cewbo67 said:

Griffin is not a top corner, I'd you think he is, you're smoking some of that good stuff..

sutz

Reaction score
Somebody got their ass kicked in fantasy football this weekend. :twisted:

getnasty

Reaction score
hawker84":24vgi8d8 said:
getnasty":24vgi8d8 said:
vigilantgrrl":24vgi8d8 said:

Griffin is not a top corner, I'd you think he is, you're smoking some of that good stuff..

I'm not saying he's a top corner in the league his pff ranking just suggest he's not the worst corner in the league. My guess he's somewhere in the top 20. The OP had some kind of axe to grind with Shaq for some reason, i swear his only post in the gameday forum were soley just bashing Shaq. I just thought it was kind of funny.

OP
OP
V

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
My intent is to say this: Shaq is neither a bad corner, nor a top corner. I did not see anything special in his rookie year, and last year he was flat out terrible. He has improved, but I still think his ceiling is actually lower than Tre Flowers. I am saying just hold the brakes on any huge extension. I am also reacting to some of the posters that say he is as good as Sherman was. Sherman is a generational talent. Sherman was great the day he stepped on the field replacing the injured Marcus Trufant. Sherman was still able to amass interceptions while rarely being thrown at. Sherman completely locked down the left side of the field, something that Griffin hasn't done. Yes ...interceptions are not everything, but a lot of the Seahawks success in the past was game changing plays from the defense. Griffin, while better this year still gets burned at times, and some of his pass deflections came after he looked beat in coverage and was lucky to recover. I just don't get some of the talk that Griffin is elite. That, he is not. Also, as some have alluded to, what if he demands that his twin continue to hold a roster spot???

getnasty

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":1rin85ui said:
My intent is to say this: Shaq is neither a bad corner, nor a top corner. I did not see anything special in his rookie year, and last year he was flat out terrible. He has improved, but I still think his ceiling is actually lower than Tre Flowers. I am saying just hold the brakes on any huge extension. I am also reacting to some of the posters that say he is as good as Sherman was. Sherman is a generational talent. Sherman was great the day he stepped on the field replacing the injured Marcus Trufant. Sherman was still able to amass interceptions while rarely being thrown at. Sherman completely locked down the left side of the field, something that Griffin hasn't done. Yes ...interceptions are not everything, but a lot of the Seahawks success in the past was game changing plays from the defense. Griffin, while better this year still gets burned at times, and some of his pass deflections came after he looked beat in coverage and was lucky to recover. I just don't get some of the talk that Griffin is elite. That, he is not. Also, as some have alluded to, what if he demands that his twin continue to hold a roster spot???

Anyone saying he's better then Sherm in his prime is on crack but he's been good this year on a bad defense without a pass rush.

Torc

Reaction score
Shaq is doing pretty good in coverage. He lacks Sherman's ability to fool a QB into thinking his man isn't covered well at all and throwing a pass his direction. The difference between a good coverage CB and a great CB in my opinion.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Shaquille is our #1, so he's THE BEST in that context. Besides that I love those brothers being part of our team. Never underestimate the value of team glue guys. Those two do a lot to make our team what it is.
I know Diggs has been a GREAT addition. That guy is a keeper!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Shaquill is a good corner, and at times plays like a top 10 corner, but really overall is more like top 20.
Sherman was/is faster than people give him credit for. Sherman definitely has the ball skills over Shaquill, and he is a very, very smart dude as a football player.

Shaquem has recently been making a case for being on the field as a situational pass rusher. Just being on the field I think will develop him between the ears and improve him as a LB or "nickel linebacker" by helping him understand the overall defensive scheme better. I'm not seeing Shaquem as a dead weight waste of a roster spot.

xray

Reaction score
Griffin is a decent CB but nothing special . I agree that interceptions are very important ; especially with a team that can really use extra possessions .

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
You got it xray. Especially with our D in the fix it's in now. Keeping their time on the field at a minimum will be a big plus for our game. Giving up 400 yds isn't going to work any better going forward. It was great seeing KJ with a couple picks today. Diggs has been a good takeawy threat we're gonna be missing at least for awhile. Sure hope someone can make up for it.

OP
OP
V

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
It was good to see Ugo Amadi on the field more today. I think he could be a factor in improving the secondary as a whole and letting us be able to rely more on nickel and dime coverage instead of staying in base defense all game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
? Griffin is having a hell of a season. I can't fathom not being happy with what he has brought to the table this year.
As far as picks go, it was nice seeing KJ get two of them. Makes that easy drop against Pretty Boy Jimmy G even more of a massively lucky break for the Niners.

Latest posts