Interesting RW quote

Decimation

Reaction score
It was amazing watching Russ carry the defense on his shoulders. I've never seen a QB carry the #1 scoring defense in the NFL for four straight years until he came around. What a giant eff you to the entire LOB, Beast Mode, Lockett, and DK. Damn.

I hope Pete prints this quote and hangs it up in the locker room.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Not Seahawks related.

Has he even played a snap in Denver yet? Lol.

Last edited:

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
It was amazing watching Russ carry the defense on his shoulders. I've never seen a QB carry the #1 scoring defense in the NFL for four straight years until he came around. What a giant eff you to the entire LOB, Beast Mode, Lockett, and DK. Damn.

I was thinking the same thing.

toffee

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, do you get why the LOCKER ROOM and former TEAMMATES felt negatively toward the guy who CARRIED them?

Why Angry thanked TJax upon his retirement with no mention of Russ?

Why Lockett didn't said a word after Russ was traded?

Why DK only thanked Russ for teaching how to swim?

Why LOB hated him?

Why only Turbin and Jimmy Graham who just joined the team went to his wedding?

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
At times, sure.

He had some great rushing teams, including the rushing champs in 2018 and top-5 in 2019. Also had some incredible receivers along the way.
Even in those years Russ was about 65-70% of our offensive production. The proof is in the pudding this pre season. Without Russ or a competent qb this offense isn’t lighting the league on fire.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
He did carry this team the last 5 6 years and this team wouldn't have gone to ANY super bowls without him. Yes he had a great defense and a good running game (which he was apart of) but he still was a big reason we made it.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
To the playoffs almost every year.
How far will Pete take them this year?
Uh, I believe Pete Carroll has been the coach of Russell Wilson his entire NFL career until this one.

Maybe you are right though, without Pete Russell would have won the Super Bowl every year single handedly.

Considering the year has yet to start, how would I know? Do you have some magical gift of foretelling the future?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Pete won't be making the playoffs this year and he missed a lot of playoffs without Russ. In fact the vast majority of his playoff appearances are with Russ and he has been thoroughly mediocre with out him.

toffee

Reaction score
Pete won't be making the playoffs this year and he missed a lot of playoffs without Russ. In fact the vast majority of his playoff appearances are with Russ and he has been thoroughly mediocre with out him.
Lots of guys in locker room, present and past, may disagree with you :)

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I wonder what would have happened if we hadn't drafted him and he'd gone to another team. Would he have been as successful? It seems timing was great for both him and the Hawks. One hand fed the other.

While I appreciate his contribution to the TEAM, his re-writing history, gaslighting etc makes him a narcisissist in my book.