Interesting RW quote

keasley45

Reaction score
Russ's 3rd down conversions, huh?

You realize he played for Pete Carroll, who routinely gives up on 3rd down and is cool will punting for 3 quarters of the game?

That is going to effect the QB's 3rd down conversion rate.

Throw for throw, play for play, he grades with Rodgers and Brady. Over a 3 year window, this is not a small sample size.

He doesn't grade with Brady. Check the thread i posted. Check the link. Look for yourself.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Russell is certainly not playing to Seattle fans with his self coentered comments.
Truly hope we kick his ass on the 12th and the 12ves let him know he is no longer beloved here.

Do not forget the trade impetus came from him as he wanted out of here to create his legacy or whatever.

NampaHawk

Reaction score
WHAA I thought he sucked at 3rd down how can this be? Oh, wait I know because it was never true.
I think the author of this article in using TDCP% is falling victim to Franklin's Gambit - he knows what he's trying to prove and he's using data to justify his conclusion. As a fan, I think the 1D% would be more representative of who can move the chains vs. TDCP%, and sadly our ex-quarterback Russell Wilson is middle of the pack.

keasley45

Reaction score
Russ's 3rd down conversions, huh?

You realize he played for Pete Carroll, who routinely gives up on 3rd down and is cool will punting for 3 quarters of the game?

That is going to effect the QB's 3rd down conversion rate.

Throw for throw, play for play, he grades with Rodgers and Brady. Over a 3 year window, this is not a small sample size.

You realize Pete has a strategy whereby he works around a QB who might be limited in certain respects.

If you're philosophy is complimentary football, then you find a way to overcome.

But because your strategy is adaptable and you are capable of developing a work-around, doesn't mean that the strategy you deploy to overcome is the default.

Saying, it's ok, we can punt and get the ball back is not the same as saying we want to punt and wait to get the ball back.

If that was the case, he wouldn't bemoan the fact that Russ hasn't been good on 3rd down for a few years now.

We HAD a defense that could compensate. Now, we don't. Strategy isn't the same and it's been plainly obvious that it hasn't been for a while now. Pete has expressed clearly that he wants an offense and a qb who can maintain possession, through the air and on the ground, and if his qb can be aggressive in doing so, then so be it he can throw all he wants. He talked about it at length a few weeks ago and pointed pretty clearly at criticism that he just wants his QB to hand off the ball.

I really don't see what so hard to see, or fathom about the fact that we weren't good at running a traditional passing offense, especially on 3rd down, with Russ. He did just about everything else well, but dissecting a defense was not his game. Extending the play until the defense stretched and broke. Absolutley. But Jesus, man. It's like the diehard Russ fans wont concede that he did anything poorly. The stats aren't fabricated. They are what he produced. And if you watched 2020 and last year, wrs running around and being missed or overlooked, it's all the evidence you need. And he did it plainly on the all-22 going back to 2017. So I can't imagine he was ever good at it and all.of ansudden forgit how in 2016. The guy was a football God and also not good at taking the play and passing on known passing downs. There's an article on that and Russ as well if you care to look it up.

It's like Brady is incredible, but not good when he has a shaky pocket. He can be beat. See that? Known flaw in his game.

Brees, same thing. Throw his timing off and he's not the same. Good And flawed.

Russ was incredible at most everything, but not at making the quick read and getting the ball out with anticipation. Great and flawed.

And the thing with Russ that made him so good regardless, is that he often made the play 4 seconds later anyway when coverages broke down.

Sorry if that hurts.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
And if Denver wins it's because they are the better team, and Wilson has plenty left, right? All that said I want Seattle to win but Wilson plays great. that would mess up both our scenarios lol

You claim here that you want Seattle to win, but in your main haunt, the Broncos message board where you've achieved "All-Pro" status, you refer to the Broncos as "we."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What a night. This crow is tasting amazing. And that stadium was VERY loud. Like NFC Championship loud. Let's ride.........to the plane ride home with a big LOSS.