Intriguing TE's that we may want to sign.

cover-2

Reaction score
With only two TE on the roster I would guess that we sign one of the recently available TE's. Here is a list of the TE that I think could contribute on offense or at least give us some better depth.

1. Dorin Dickerson 6-1 226 lbs. 25years old (former teams Texans and Bills): Dickerson is obviously undersized but he has very good speed. He ran a 4.40 40-yard dash and had a 43 inch vertical jump at the NFL combine. Better reciver than blocker.
[youtube]d6TaWc6OqF8[/youtube]
[youtube]Zf8pkmagg5c[/youtube]

2. Richard Quinn 6-4 264 lbs. 26years old (former team Bengals): He was one of the better blocking TE in his draft class. Rarely used as a pass catcher. Better blocker than receiver.
Here is his Quinn's scouting report when he came out of college.
http://www.nfl.com/player/richardquinn/71443/combine

3. D.J. Williams 6-2 245 lbs. 24years old (former team Packers): Better receiver than blocker.
Here is his scouting report coming out of college.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/d.j.-williams?id=2495248

Here is D.J. Williams highlight from college.
[youtube]BJZEyPCxAzM[/youtube]

4. Ryan Otten 6-6 241 lbs. 23years old (rookie, former team Jaguars): Rookie with upside.
Here is his scouting report.
http://www.nfl.com/player/ryanotten/2539302/combine

5. Jake Ballard 6-6 270 lbs. 26 years old (former teams Giants and Patriots): Big body, good blocker and he is a decent receiver.
[youtube]hkWhC-d8_0I[/youtube]

6. Clay Harbor 6-3 255 lbs. 26years old (former team Eagles): Decent athlete. His NFL combine numbers 40 inch vertical & 4.69 40 yard dash.
Here is his scouting report coming out of college.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/1246943

7. MarQueis Gray 6-4 250 lbs. 23years old (rookie, former team 49ers): In college Gray was a QB but also played a fair amount of WR.
Here is some of his highlights.
[youtube]vt3jvw6Wf1A[/youtube]
[youtube]n0exodsYyqY[/youtube]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Good list, thanks!

I agree those are all good options. Obviously Ballard is the name most will recognize and want to sign, but the others seem intriguing as well.

Mick063

Reaction score
Is McCoy done for the entire season?

chris98251

Reaction score
Well our model is size and speed and multi dimentional, although a hybrid thats in the 245 to 260 range and is quick out of a three point stance as a FB on plays is ideally what we may look for.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
Ballard is a lot slower than he used to be because of the injury to his knee. He was not able to recover and actually had to sit out during team scrimmages, and he suffered the knee injury in the SB vs the Patriots, so a full recover is not going to happen anytime soon, if ever. Ballard is no answer for the Seahawks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Of those listed, DJ Williams is the most intriguing to me. He can play TE and HB/FB if needed. I think the weakest position on offense (current Seahawk roster) is FB. Ware may have potential but he's just not ready yet and Coleman is good receiver but horrible at blocking. That's where a guy like DJ Williams can add value.

RynoHawk

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":3l0maqav said:
What about Tony Moeaki?

do you read other posts before posting posts of your own? he has a shoulder injury and is out for the year..

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
RynoHawk":136kqzp7 said:
Hawk Finn":136kqzp7 said:
What about Tony Moeaki?

do you read other posts before posting posts of your own? he has a shoulder injury and is out for the year..

As a matter of fact, I do. Please enlighten me as to where, in this particular thread, this injury was discussed.

Please find me the headline I should have seen on the front page of the NFL Nation forum that would have alerted me to this injury.

Please do a search for 'Moeaki' and find me a result other than fantasy football talk.

And finally, please try to be less condescending when replying to my posts going forward, particularly when it involves an absurd expectation that I read every post in every thread on this board.

Edit: I scanned the NFL Nation forum again to find the thread in question, though the name was misspelled and easy to miss. I stand by the rest of my post.

Latest posts