Is Browner a FA after this year?

The Radish

Reaction score
If he indeed is going to be gone after this year I hope someone pays attention to his style of busting the chops of all receivers on that side of the field.

Whether some of you fans are hot on him or not every wideout in the league has bitched about his style more than once! A guy that gives those receivers something to think about other than catching the ball is a plus not likely to be replaced anytime soon.

For us old duffers its a pleasure to see receivers treated like they were in the 70s. Browner is one of the best I've ever seen at "chucking" the WO within 5 yards. But his best is he doesn't stop there but keeps on physically challanging the guy the entire play. And it has caused a lot of frustration at that position for the other teams.

I predicted once the officials got used to his style of play they would lay off a bit on him and I was right. So for those of you that think he's easily replaced remember it took this team since 1976 to find a defensive back that could cover like that, so be careful what you wish for.

When he's gone and they start making those offensive plays on that side because someone is not closely covering those guys it won't be long before you start saying "we should have kept Browner".

I agree we can find someone to play that position but I don't see anyone that will replace him.

:roll:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I am just going to trust that the FO has a plan in place for him until proven different. I just don't see us letting him walk without a legitimate offer being made.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
The Radish":qu80qnbe said:
I predicted once the officials got used to his style of play they would lay off a bit on him and I was right. So for those of you that think he's easily replaced remember it took this team since 1976 to find a defensive back that could cover like that, so be careful what you wish for.

I predicted the same result but different reason.

I do believe Brandon has honed his craft and style. He was flagged a lot, because he would needlessly body/contact receivers once the ball was in the air. Once he learned to trust his height/length as a limiting factor more and to stop initiating contact on the throw -- he lost the ire of the zebras.

Now maybe it's a bit of both. But he most definitely has learned when to stop the handfighting/hipchecking. He's also become very adept at initiating 'incidental' contact. I think it's pretty evident if you watch his tape this past year -- how savvy he has become since the early days of 2011.

Either way, I am right there with you. He possesses a skill that is extremely hard to duplicate. Namely to get into receivers' heads and stay there. Not in a yip dog kind of way either. More like the frustrated little brother that is manhandled one handed by his older brother twice his size. I'd have to think that facing Browner would be a more daunting task than Sherman, even despite the fact that Sherman flips the field with this ball skills more.

I don't know if you get more 'unique' than Brandon Browner.