Is Doug Baldwin becoming the leader?

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe Doug isn't into the Politically Correct Bullshit everyone wants to hide behind, he says what's on his mind, not per corporate america and the brainwashing they want to do to anyone that has independent thought and is not part of the lemming mentality.

I think that makes him a hell of a leader when he holds himself responsible and willing to call out those that are not holding up their end of the deal.

I think Earl is much the same way.

I am also now wondering what the conversation with Russell during the Cowboys game was really about, I am betting it's about Harvin and to quit feeding him.

jake206

Reaction score
Though its hindsight, but remember the free-agent decision between Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate. Hawks front office couldn't afford to pay both. Now who would you choose between the two? It'd be awful nice to have G. Tate returning punts, wouldn't it?

Basis4day

Reaction score
jake206":2hjnjh1y said:
Though its hindsight, but remember the free-agent decision between Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate. Hawks front office couldn't afford to pay both. Now who would you choose between the two? It'd be awful nice to have G. Tate returning punts, wouldn't it?

If Harvin wasn't a factor they could have gotten both. I'm still keeping Baldwin as the essential one, but wish he was still in the slot.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I'm in the minority on this, but I think Baldwin is a source of problems as well. He needs to perform better before he starts calling out others. The fire is great, but at some point it becomes a phony shtick that comes across as him trying to make himself look better. Just my opinion.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":3gub1x46 said:
I'm in the minority on this, but I think Baldwin is a source of problems as well. He needs to perform better before he starts calling out others. The fire is great, but at some point it becomes a phony shtick that comes across as him trying to make himself look better. Just my opinion.

I disagree, I think the constant bubble screens and jet sweeps and continued pressure to feed the ball to Harvin took away from the potential down the field to other receivers. I have not heard that Baldwin has ever been an issue and he is an extremely hard worker. Doesn't mean he'll be a #1 receiver but a better leader than Harvin would ever aspire to be.

Abach

Reaction score
storm74":2orhzxrb said:
Mtjhoyas":2orhzxrb said:

I disagree, I think the constant bubble screens and jet sweeps and continued pressure to feed the ball to Harvin took away from the potential down the field to other receivers. I have not heard that Baldwin has ever been an issue and he is an extremely hard worker. Doesn't mean he'll be a #1 receiver but a better leader than Harvin would ever aspire to be.
He's a hard worker? That doesn't matter if he's not producing on the field.. abd has had MANY dropped passes this year. That's not leading anybody

IrishNW

Reaction score
Baldwin is more of a leader than Wilson will ever dream of being on this team.

minormillikin

Reaction score
IrishNW":1g76o2gt said:

Wilson is a born leader. I think that's really obvious. But, he's still young and dumb in some ways. He's hokey. He clings to slogans and politicking. Fortunately, he has proved his leadership skills on the field a number of times now. Sooner or later, his rhetoric will mature to match his play on the field.

I like Baldwin just fine (he'll make a great #2 receiver some day), but he doesn't seem like any special leader to me. He's better described as a loudmouth. It's a pretty normal trait among wide receivers, so I really don't mean it as a slight.

Seafan

Reaction score
IrishNW":2a821din said:

That's the stupidist statement I've ever seen on this board.

razgriz737

Reaction score
No offense at all to Sonic or anyone else in this thread, but if this Harvin fiasco has taught us anything it's that we as fans have zero clue as to what goes on behind the scenes. We can speculate all we want as to who in the locker room is a leader and who isn't, but at the end of the day we know don't know a thing.

I realize this is a discussion board though, so don't take this is as me trying to stop discussion. Just wanted to throw in my two cents.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Abach":g2nkpze4 said:
storm74":g2nkpze4 said:
Mtjhoyas":g2nkpze4 said:

He's a hard worker? That doesn't matter if he's not producing on the field.. abd has had MANY dropped passes this year. That's not leading anybody

HI, RAVENHAWK. How've ya been?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
IrishNW":1rayt13e said:

That's idiotic. Hot head does not equal leader.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
razgriz737":lfkpcqnh said:
No offense at all to Sonic or anyone else in this thread, but if this Harvin fiasco has taught us anything it's that we as fans have zero clue as to what goes on behind the scenes. We can speculate all we want as to who in the locker room is a leader and who isn't, but at the end of the day we know don't know a thing.

I realize this is a discussion board though, so don't take this is as me trying to stop discussion. Just wanted to throw in my two cents.
We do have a clue. The countless Vikings fans warning this guy was a Diva should have been fair warning. Harvin has had MANY MANY issues in high school, college and now in the pros at Minnesota and Seattle. Harvin is a self-centered diva who fakes injuries and migraines and pulls himself out of games. This is nothing new, he has done it before and will do it again.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Yup the vikings fans have been saying it for years about how bad a trade we got and here comes a headache. They made sure every seahawk fans knows it by mentioning about how great Coradelle Patterson is every chance they get in a comment section.

drdiags

Reaction score
Right now he is the most visible person in the WR group.

Doug is part of the young, brash voices on the team. The old, subtle vets are gone. Clemons, Bryant, Robinson and others have moved on. The current leadership, from what we can tell is Sherman, Earl, Chancellor, Mebane, Wilson, Baldwin, Miller and Unger.

There are others, more subtle folks but since we aren't in the locker room we can only go by what we hear coming out of the locker room.

If not Baldwin in the WR group, then who? Kearse seems to follow Baldwin's lead and no one else has the experience to be considered a leader.

I am not sure if I would want him as the leader until I understand what his beef is with the starting QB, if I can believe all the crap that has hit the fan in the past few weeks and months.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
SonicHawk":eig2qtst said:
After his outburst after the game and during the game with RW and with the departure of PH, do you see Dougie Fresh taking the reigns?

Yes and no, I agree with what he said , I think this team is starting to get full of themselves , Just start playing football the past is the past.

hawk45

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":16hshqyn said:
I'm with this. There's a minimum contribution threshold required before others will listen and our pretty-good slot receiver has not met it. Also, when he's on his horse about something every other week it dilutes anything important he has to say.
I think ADB is a net positive in the locker room but his constant ranting isn't as helpful or significant as he thinks it is.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2pva5uve said:
After his outburst after the game and during the game with RW and with the departure of PH, do you see Dougie Fresh taking the reigns?

No. And as I said in another thread. ADB's act is wearing thin. I want to see him gone personally.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Leadership comes in many forms. RW is a natural born leader who naturally commands attention. Beast mode is a leader in the way he plays and the respect he garners from it. ADB is obviously the emotional leader type. He may not lead the team in receiving stats, have the commanding presence of a natural leader or consistency in his play, but he is unquestionably the fiery emotional leader of the WR corps and possibly the offense. Thank you Doug for what you bring! Keep bringing it. We need the fire.