Is it possible OC runs with Lock?

Hawknight

Reaction score
I haven't heard much regarding the possibility of Lock being the QB this next season. I mean, given Lock's potential, cost and the fabulous work and reputation of our new OC. Could it be possible the the new OC runs with Lock, cuts Geno?

Question: Has Lock been given a real fair chance to prove his worth? Could the new OC work with Lock to unlock (no pun intended) his potential to find a diamond in the rough sort of speak? I know some are dead set against this sort of move, but I think it has some merit about possibly being a reality at least for the next season.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
no, they either keep Geno for a year they draft someone in the 1st 3 rounds. Lock is gone.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have no issue with Lock but he’s about to be a free agent. I don’t think he’s shown enough to be given starter money and I can’t see us going through a complete coaching makeover to roll with what we have. We may go with Geno as a gap filler but if we don’t draft a replacement this year we almost are forced to next year.

sutz

Reaction score
I still think that Schneider is a Lock guy. We haven't really seen enough of him here to say he's not starter material IMO. His worst years were in Denver when he was kinda thrown into the fire. Now, with some time behind him, who really knows? I'd say he's a better prospect than most rookies. I believe it when I see it as far as our starter in 24.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Im not the biggest Lock fan in the world but it is interesting that Macdonald keeps bringing him up. I know hes new to head coaching and is still figuring it all out, but it is odd to be discussing a looming free agent that much unless you have plans for him here.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Lock is gone. He'll probably end up being a backup for the Colts, Saints, Giants, or Browns.

Last edited:

xray

Reaction score
Smith will be 34 and can still play ; but maybe the Hawks feel they have some trade value with Smith and go with Lock and a rookie this season , shore up other areas and not worry about Ws & Ls . Hard to guess .

mistaowen

Reaction score
The only reason I could see them going with Lock is they feel the drop off from Geno is worth the savings. Sounds like MM wants to be physical, run the ball, and not expect the QB to win every game himself, referencing the Lions setup. He wouldn’t be expensive at all and looked, alright? in his limited games. He has all the arm talent to be a successful NFL QB but still makes a handful of really dumb decisions that has plagued him since college. I don’t know if he’s ever going to improve there.

sutz

Reaction score
Can't the Hawks match any offer Lock gets and keep him ?
Maybe, if he wants to stay. He'll probably be looking for a team with an eye at a chance at starting. That might be here, but who knows? If they keep Geno around, the chances that Lock will start go down a bit.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
If he's not able to sign as a starter somewhere, why wouldn't he want to sign here as a backup again? We do need one after all.
Because he wouldn't be a backup. He would be 3rd string if Seahawks even keep three QBs.

chris98251

Reaction score
Depends on if John thinks Lock is better than a guy they will have a shot at where they draft.