Is Lambeau Field Our Kryptonite?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Green Bay is not the issue. This year, they are fairly inept as a passing offense. I like their RBs though.

The problem is that since the SB loss, in any playoff game outside of the wildcard game, Carroll has been hilariously terrible. Not only have we lost, but in most instances, we are boat raced. Occasionally, even though we are down by an ungodly amount of TDs, we somehow start playing in the 2nd half and come back to at least not make it laughable.

But for near a half-decade, Carroll has an amazing ability to lose the next tier playoff games before the 4th quarter or even the half even starts.

This makes sense given we don't bother to play the 1st and 2nd quarters all year. But that is the Kryptonite, not bothering to be bothered with scoring TDs until the 2nd half.

Of course, we get a new nightmare now, it might also be Homer running up the middle, which is only less ridiculous than Turbin attempting it. But for the most part, since the SB loss, we are not worth even watching in any non-wildcard playoff game...at least by the time halftime rolls around.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
This is where our season ends. We're not healthy enough, nor are we that great of a team. We've got some nice pieces on offense but we've been reluctant to use them. If we play like we did against the Eagles against GB and Rodgers we're done, period. I'm even questioning if we could have won against a Carson Wentz QB'd Eagles. Regardless, I'm glad we won just because we needed some momentum going into next season.

This one is most likely our loss.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Remember the Naz Jones interception TD ruled out for a "block in the back". Garbage like that is why I think we will be scuppered. Rodgers and the GB crowd are the whiniest bunch and the refs buy it every time.

Gio

Reaction score
Rosgers aint Wentz or McCown.. We need to play lights out defensively in order to win. I have faith in our team , but we need to play a lot better from now on.

getnasty

Reaction score
The thought of Tre Flowers gaurding Davonte Adams is a scary one. I think if we can limit him we'll be ok, need to be able to get after Rodgers for sure.

ptisme

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1zya7urr said:
Erin is probably the 2nd most "emotional" quarterback in the league behind Cam Newton. If (BIG if) our defense can get in his grill early and often, then we can totally take this game.
But, if the refs decide that poor wittle Erin is getting roughed up too badly I can see this game going south in a hurry.
This game is going to be one of those that Pete & co. will have to be laser focused on the small $h!t. I think we shock the world!
I view this game as a complete toss up..... I don't however expect the packers Oline to allow a ton of pressure (short of injuries)

ptisme

Reaction score
Something none of you have brought up: The Eagles won at Lambeau earlier this season

Mad Dog

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3f4ul8cw said:
The problem is that since the SB loss, in any playoff game outside of the wildcard game, Carroll has been hilariously terrible. Not only have we lost, but in most instances, we are boat raced. Occasionally, even though we are down by an ungodly amount of TDs, we somehow start playing in the 2nd half and come back to at least not make it laughable.

Well part of the problem is not that Carroll has been terrible but that the teams with the Bye have an incredible advantage of preparation and rest. 2012 we got rolled by Atlanta and only an amazing comeback made look like we had a chance. And that 2012 team was probably the best team we've ever assembled. So this problem predates the SB year as well.

So I accept that we suck at divisional games when we don't have the bye. But I'm not sure that's purely on coaching. The Bye offers a huge advantage. If you want to fuss about Carroll, his inability to will his team to take ARI seriously was his crucial error on the season.

Anyways, I'm just glad we get another week of Seahawk football and I think getting to the Elite 8 is a successful year no matter what happens.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
We need the Rodgers who played the last game in Detroit and was off-target so much to show up. Russ has had a couple of tough games in Green Bay, even when their D wasn't as good as this one, so that's a concern.

ptisme

Reaction score
Green Bay is stronger up front in the trenches on both sides of the ball. For Seattle to win they need to capitalize on mistakes and get off to a lead... Making GB on dimensional on offense....

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson was a Badger. He did extremely well, and Madison's climate is basically Green Bay's.

As I said, I prefer this matchup to SF on the skill level, especially as SF is getting healthier.

Had the seed rules been reversed, it would have been GB/Minny and SEA/SF. The NFL marketing gurus must hate that any given Sunday exists.

We still got a chance to go with SF in the championship game. Wouldn't that be worth it.

I'd love Uncle Sherm explaining how a CB or safety goes off on Erin Andrews with "don't you test me with any sorry receivers" when it's Lockett or Metcalf, or going off himself. Preferably after they lose. Because if they win, you know Sherm will be reupping his "Just the Tip" T-shirts on his store. Damn, I wish I bought one in green/blue in 2013.

We have the teams mismatched for divisional, but the possibility of maximal football drama is higher than ever.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Are you in 3rd grade? You're spending your time on a SEAHAWKS page after your team lost, and you can't even give the opponent any credit. You actually sound like you might be Erin Rodgers.

ptisme

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2ix3btfn said:
Russell Wilson was a Badger. He did extremely well, and Madison's climate is basically Green Bay's.

As I said, I prefer this matchup to SF on the skill level, especially as SF is getting healthier.

Had the seed rules been reversed, it would have been GB/Minny and SEA/SF. The NFL marketing gurus must hate that any given Sunday exists.

We still got a chance to go with SF in the championship game. Wouldn't that be worth it.

I'd love Uncle Sherm explaining how a CB or safety goes off on Erin Andrews with "don't you test me with any sorry receivers" when it's Lockett or Metcalf, or going off himself. Preferably after they lose. Because if they win, you know Sherm will be reupping his "Just the Tip" T-shirts on his store. Damn, I wish I bought one in green/blue in 2013.

We have the teams mismatched for divisional, but the possibility of maximal football drama is higher than ever.
Fake news... He was only a Badger his senior year. That year(2011) he played:
@ Illinois Nov 19. High temp was 59.
Penn St. Nov 26. High temp was 40.
Mich St. Dec 3. High temp was 37.

He didn't play in bitter cold at WI... With that said the temp should not be a factor next Sunday...

eternalpurple

Reaction score
Actually the refs will be your kryptonite. Be prepared for your D line to be held with impunity. Also the old throw it short and let the corner back run into your receiver gig.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ayqom1q said:
Green Bay is not the issue. This year, they are fairly inept as a passing offense. I like their RBs though.

But for near a half-decade, Carroll has an amazing ability to lose the next tier playoff games before the 4th quarter or even the half even starts.

This makes sense given we don't bother to play the 1st and 2nd quarters all year. But that is the Kryptonite, not bothering to be bothered with scoring TDs until the 2nd half.

Of course, we get a new nightmare now, it might also be Homer running up the middle, which is only less ridiculous than Turbin attempting it. But for the most part, since the SB loss, we are not worth even watching in any non-wildcard playoff game...at least by the time halftime rolls around.

Unless someone is forcing you to watch, don’t. Problem solved.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1qa9co3g said:
Wenhawk":1qa9co3g said:
LymonHawk":1qa9co3g said:
Hey Aros! I still have my .Net hat with the 'Unfinished Business' on the back! :irishdrinkers:

Upload a pic for us

If I knew how, I would. LOL!

I second this. When I got my Seahawks couch covers for my Seahawk colored couches, people said "pix or it didn't happen." More than happy to provide but dunno how to do pix either.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The only thing I'm worried about is the 2 Smith's, and Aron Jones. Pass block well enough, and stop the run, and we get the win.

Russell Wilson played in Wisconsin for a year.

So tired of hearing "Seattle hasn't won in Green Bay since 1999." THAT, has nothing to do with THIS team, or the 2019/20 Packers.