Is Lambeau Field Our Kryptonite?

Largent80

Reaction score
Their defense on average is giving up more than 24 per game.

Also did you see the "bird vs. bird stat prior to the game?...The home team was 10-0 UNTIL YESTERDAY.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ivotek makes a damn good point. Who cares what happened in the past??? It has zero to do with the game on Sunday.

GLio14

Reaction score
Looking at the forecast for Sunday and it says snow in Green Bay. Bad memories.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Bad memories for sure, but who doesn't like watching football in the Snow? That's football weather.
That being said...….come on sunny and no snow :D

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
ptisme":2u6elwfc said:
SantaClaraHawk":2u6elwfc said:
Russell Wilson was a Badger. He did extremely well, and Madison's climate is basically Green Bay's.

As I said, I prefer this matchup to SF on the skill level, especially as SF is getting healthier.

Had the seed rules been reversed, it would have been GB/Minny and SEA/SF. The NFL marketing gurus must hate that any given Sunday exists.

We still got a chance to go with SF in the championship game. Wouldn't that be worth it.

I'd love Uncle Sherm explaining how a CB or safety goes off on Erin Andrews with "don't you test me with any sorry receivers" when it's Lockett or Metcalf, or going off himself. Preferably after they lose. Because if they win, you know Sherm will be reupping his "Just the Tip" T-shirts on his store. Damn, I wish I bought one in green/blue in 2013.

We have the teams mismatched for divisional, but the possibility of maximal football drama is higher than ever.
Fake news... He was only a Badger his senior year. That year(2011) he played:
@ Illinois Nov 19. High temp was 59.
Penn St. Nov 26. High temp was 40.
Mich St. Dec 3. High temp was 37.

He didn't play in bitter cold at WI... With that said the temp should not be a factor next Sunday...

He would have practiced in Wisconsin and he lived there. So even if he didn't play a lot of ultra cold weather games he still faced that. LOL. Where are you getting 9 years old College games weather forecasts? That's really going way back. He would have still faced those elements in practice and in his day to day life there at University of Wisconsin. So he is not completely unfamiliar with bad weather or extreme cold.

chris98251

Reaction score
This team, the defense Captains on Coin flip tell Aaron take the ball you ain't going to score.

ptisme

Reaction score
Cyrus12":r03orf9b said:
Aaron Jones is the pinnacle of that offense now. Hopefully he can be contained.
You stop him and get a lead early you will probably win.

ptisme

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":esbtw7ar said:
ptisme":esbtw7ar said:
SantaClaraHawk":esbtw7ar said:
Russell Wilson was a Badger. He did extremely well, and Madison's climate is basically Green Bay's.

As I said, I prefer this matchup to SF on the skill level, especially as SF is getting healthier.

Had the seed rules been reversed, it would have been GB/Minny and SEA/SF. The NFL marketing gurus must hate that any given Sunday exists.

We still got a chance to go with SF in the championship game. Wouldn't that be worth it.

I'd love Uncle Sherm explaining how a CB or safety goes off on Erin Andrews with "don't you test me with any sorry receivers" when it's Lockett or Metcalf, or going off himself. Preferably after they lose. Because if they win, you know Sherm will be reupping his "Just the Tip" T-shirts on his store. Damn, I wish I bought one in green/blue in 2013.

We have the teams mismatched for divisional, but the possibility of maximal football drama is higher than ever.

He didn't play in bitter cold at WI... With that said the temp should not be a factor next Sunday...

He would have practiced in Wisconsin and he lived there. So even if he didn't play a lot of ultra cold weather games he still faced that. LOL. Where are you getting 9 years old College games weather forecasts? That's really going way back. He would have still faced those elements in practice and in his day to day life there at University of Wisconsin. So he is not completely unfamiliar with bad weather or extreme cold.
1. they don't practice outside
2. living here and playing in it are two different things
3. even if he did play in it (he didn't) this was 8 years ago.
4. Doesn't matter the temps will be mild next Sunday
5. Google the city you want and "climatological history".

ptisme

Reaction score
chris98251":28v85sqz said:
This team, the defense Captains on Coin flip tell Aaron take the ball you ain't going to score.
I only watched three Seahawks games.... What would make me think this?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":crhgcppr said:
TwistedHusky":crhgcppr said:
Green Bay is not the issue. This year, they are fairly inept as a passing offense. I like their RBs though.

The problem is that since the SB loss, in any playoff game outside of the wildcard game, Carroll has been hilariously terrible. Not only have we lost, but in most instances, we are boat raced. Occasionally, even though we are down by an ungodly amount of TDs, we somehow start playing in the 2nd half and come back to at least not make it laughable.

But for near a half-decade, Carroll has an amazing ability to lose the next tier playoff games before the 4th quarter or even the half even starts.

This makes sense given we don't bother to play the 1st and 2nd quarters all year. But that is the Kryptonite, not bothering to be bothered with scoring TDs until the 2nd half.

Of course, we get a new nightmare now, it might also be Homer running up the middle, which is only less ridiculous than Turbin attempting it. But for the most part, since the SB loss, we are not worth even watching in any non-wildcard playoff game...at least by the time halftime rolls around.

Unless someone is forcing you to watch, don’t. Problem solved.
no shit

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
ptisme":14z8mnvz said:
SanDiego49er":14z8mnvz said:
ptisme":14z8mnvz said:
SantaClaraHawk":14z8mnvz said:

1. they don't practice outside
2. living here and playing in it are two different things
3. even if he did play in it (he didn't) this was 8 years ago.
4. Doesn't matter the temps will be mild next Sunday
5. Google the city you want and "climatological history".

I know they have indoor facilities in Madison at the University of Wisconsin. But they also have outdoor practice facilities too. I've been there many times to Camp Randall Stadium in Madison Wisconsin. I have seen their facilities. They have both on that campus and use both to prepare for games. Otherwise they would be ill prepared for other outdoor games around the Midwest in the Big 10. Of course they use both but don't exclusively rely on that indoor facility which I have seen.

Uhearditherefirst

Reaction score
Naysayers in for big surprise. Hawks roll in this one. Rodgers pulls a rabbit out of his ass but won't be enough. Hawks finish with the ball and td lead. Hawks pick Rodgers twice and he coughs up fumble on strip sack. Dk and locket go off.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Uhearditherefirst":3o6tc8bq said:
Naysayers in for big surprise. Hawks roll in this one. Rodgers pulls a rabbit out of his ass but won't be enough. Hawks finish with the ball and td lead. Hawks pick Rodgers twice and he coughs up fumble on strip sack. Dk and locket go off.

Maybe so. We will see. You are capable of winning. But so is Green Bay at home. IMO Green Bay is not quite as good as their 13 - 3 record indicates. They are in a soft division. You on the other hand are better than your 11 - 5 record indicates. It's a tough division. The 49ers and Seahawks are great. The Rams are a little down but they were in the Super Bowl last year and there is a lot of talent on that team. It's very hard to win games in the NFC West. It's a tough division. Still I think Green Bay is competitive at home and you both have a chance to win.