Is PC a QB coach?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
No.

Bledsoe came from the Parcell regime

Leinart, Sanchez, and Cassel were all failures or below average in the NFL

Smith had half a good season last year and has been uninspiring this year.

Lock is a career back up

RW3 and Palmer are the outliers, but even then those two were just naturally talented.

This proves he is a good QB coach. Every QB plays their best when they're playing for Pete. Then, when they no longer play for Pete, they drop off.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm so tired of people insinuating and saying this. I have over and over and over said that Geno is a very average quarterback but because I don't blast him you say "that's the vibe I get".

In fact I very specifically called him average in one of the posts you responded to, but of course you have a long track record of not reading posts you respond to, like the time I made a Mariners thread that you didn't read and blasted me for talking shit about the Hawks when you didn't read the thread.

Here's my exact quote:

Does that sound like I'm calling him elite?

So many people on this board do this and I'm really sick of it. Multiple posters keeo insinuating people are calling Geno top 10 and elite. Everyone responds and says that's simply not true but you guys continue to post that narrative. As I've told PNW several times and something he agreed with is that Geno is an average qb in the league.

But continue to spread your false narrative. I haven't seen anyone call Geno elite a single time on this board. I've specifically said to haters 100 times that I don't think he's elite and consider him average and yet over and over you guys dishonestly misrepresent our arguments.

You probably aren't even being dishonest I just don't think you read people's posts before responding
Dude, I literally said in my reply that I'm not saying that you're calling him elite. It just feels like you are.

Geezus man, are we gonna' do this again, or can we just talk football? No need to get your panties in a bunch. Why are you so pissed off all the time?
Maybe switch to decaf.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Pete has always been the scapegoat for disgruntled RW3 fans. Instead of acknowledging Russell's limitations, they've blamed Pete for them.

Does Pete make his QBs better? Obviously. Can he win without Russell? Yes. He's made the playoffs in roughly 60% of his seasons without Russ.
The Pete haters and Russ sychophants are dishonest! I've proven this! They go around claiming that anyone who doesn't worship Russ is calling Geno elite and then they disparage Pete. But then they say Geno sucks but it has nothing to do with Carroll even though everything is Carroll's fault. Then they say "oh he hasn't won in the playoffs without Russ". They make excuse after excuse to continue to push their dishonest arguements!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pete has always been the scapegoat for disgruntled RW3 fans. Instead of acknowledging Russell's limitations, they've blamed Pete for them.

Does Pete make his QBs better? Obviously. Can he win without Russell? Yes. He's made the playoffs in roughly 60% of his seasons without Russ.
And Russ has been the scapegoat for Pete fans.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Dude, I literally said in my reply that I'm not saying that you're calling him elite. It just feels like you are.

Geezus man, are we gonna' do this again, or can we just talk football?
I just don't understand how it feels like I am when I very explicitly say "it's amazing Pete has made him serviceable".

It's not just you but many such posters have been accusing anyone who doesn't constantly flame Geno and worship Russ of calling him elite! That's false! Untrue! Sad!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, you'd rather take shots at the best QB this team has ever had. Like many others. It's 3rd grade crap. I used to hate it, now I'm embracing it. The fact that you actually don't think Russ was an elite QB says it all.

I find it entertaining. Maybe in 2027, when you're still calling him me3 (lame) I'll still be laughing.

Meanwhile, I'm stoked for a big game on Sunday. Go Hawks. Tear it up, Geno!
Pete was a hell of a coach. Russ was a hell of a QB in Seattle (until his last year here)
Both existed at the same time. Not sure why that's so hard to understand. But fold your arms and kick your legs like a 5-year-old, I get used to it.
And yes, that's how it looks when people try so hard to make someone out to be the Antichrist.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Something I heard that I agree with, is that PC is good at getting players off the floor, but never really gets them to their ceiling. I believe I heard that on the Seahawkers podcast.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's actually a good take ^^

But, he does get a lot out of his players. I just don't believe he's a great x and o coach. Hell of a coach, phenomenal motivator.... but def. has his limitations. Much of it due to his stubborn nature.
And he's not the only one, plenty of coaches are set in their ways.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Nah, you'd rather take shots at the best QB this team has ever had. Like many others. It's 3rd grade crap. I used to hate it, now I'm embracing it. The fact that you actually don't think Russ was an elite QB says it all.

I find it entertaining. Maybe in 2027, when you're still calling him me3 (lame) I'll still be laughing.

Meanwhile, I'm stoked for a big game on Sunday. Go Hawks. Tear it up, Geno!
OK so your problem is I am taking shots at Russ and has nothing to do with Geno. So to get back at me you lie and say I'm calling Geno elite. Got it.

Let me tell you something about Me3. He betrayed this city and his head coach. Many players who play with him think he's a selfish jerk. I'm sorry it hurts you that some fans don't like Me3. You should notice they aren't talking crap about you so don't take it personally. We're giving a guy some flack who is going to make $150 MILLION dollars to be CUT. That's what they're paying him. Me3 is so bad they are going to give him $150m to F off. Have you ever heard of any such insanity before?!?

Anyway the way I see it is when posters talk about Russ you take it personal and then attack the posters instead! I find that SAD Soulfishawk! Me3 is worth hundreds of millions don't feel too bad for him. He can always go back to Jodie and try and get Pete fired again.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Agree to disagree, makes it a lot easier. You believe what you want, and I'll do the same. I laugh at it. I'm glad he's gone. Sorry you have a hard time believing that.
You clearly can't let it go, and that's fine. Do you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's called sarcasm. Which you clearly don't get.

I'm done talking to you about this shit. You're like talking to a child. Clear enough? Stop f'ing whining and maybe you'll actually enjoy football. We don't agree with each other, it's gonna' be ok.

On to the huge game we have this Sunday.

Welshers2

Reaction score
It's called sarcasm. Which you clearly don't get.

I'm done talking to you about this shit. You're like talking to a child. Clear enough? Stop f'ing whining and maybe you'll actually enjoy football.

Like the huge game we have this Sunday.
Wow once again insults and low blows. Anyone who disagrees with you is the devil, got it. I guess you don't read my posts because I write all sorts of things positive about enjoying the Hawks. I thought you said I was saying Geno is way too good? Now I'm whining about everything?

You're the one who always devolves to low blows and insults. "You're a child. You're a 3rd grader. You're f'ing whining".

People disagree with you and you can never handle it. That sounds like the real child.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cool story. Disagree all you want. It's a message board, it's not life. You're taking this way too seriously.

Feel free to put me on ignore. Clearly, we can't even agree to disagree. :unsure:
We don't like each other, that's ok.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ok, you win. You got the last word. You hurt my internet feelings.
Name calling was stupid on my part. Have a good day, and Go Hawks!

Last edited:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Too be honest, can we say, Carroll, can develop most QBs??

What exactly doesn’t that even mean develop?

It’s system, run more, throw less, is largely very helpful to QBs to minimize QB turnovers, and I don’t think that “develops” QBs necessarily…

It just protects them from the possible QB turnovers.

To me developing a QB means developing a QB to where they are throwing the ball well, more than, they are choosing to run the ball.

Carroll’s run more, throw less, mantra, fits a lot or all QBs but QBs want to be able to showcase their skills so they want to be able to throw and highlight their pass abilities rather than having an offense that may elect to run more ala, Russell Wilson.

By default, Carroll’s system LIMITS a QBs chances to turnover the ball and by default they “appear” to be better.

More or less.

Just my opinion.