Is Russell Wilson Fake?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3eah54oe said:
MizzouHawkGal":3eah54oe said:
vin.couve12":3eah54oe said:
For the record, I think RW is generally a fake persona....and I don't really blame him. He has extremely lofty aspirations and I don't put taking advantage past him one bit. He has that executive type of personality, his teammates have made comments about him, tried to punch him, called him not black enough, and none of that is really noteworthy other than it eludes to certain things about him. He's not sinister, a poor leader, or anything else because of it. I'm just not naive enough to believe most things about the public perception of a guy who acts like him and even sought a PR org while in college. Beyond that, he's probably a good dude.

If that hurts your feelings, go kick rocks, 12s.
Sounds like jealousy from the people that can't deal with being on his level. Sounds like any quarterback worth a danm, sounds like a winner, sounds like a HoF player.
I wouldn't want to be on his "level." I do well for me, mine, and some others, but no way in hell would I want that stage. Like I stated in a post way back, in order to even be a good QB there has to be some...well...what I said was d baggery, but disassociation would be a better way of putting it.

But you're right. Definite HOFer. Statistics and the ring gets him in easy.
You get what I said to the "T". We're all good sir.

And no way am I on his level but I sure danm well respect that he's on that level. I'm rising but that level is dream level and probably not for my level of person. But life is surprising and you never know.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":25vtxpo5 said:
vin.couve12":25vtxpo5 said:
MizzouHawkGal":25vtxpo5 said:
vin.couve12":25vtxpo5 said:
For the record, I think RW is generally a fake persona....and I don't really blame him. He has extremely lofty aspirations and I don't put taking advantage past him one bit. He has that executive type of personality, his teammates have made comments about him, tried to punch him, called him not black enough, and none of that is really noteworthy other than it eludes to certain things about him. He's not sinister, a poor leader, or anything else because of it. I'm just not naive enough to believe most things about the public perception of a guy who acts like him and even sought a PR org while in college. Beyond that, he's probably a good dude.

Sounds like jealousy from the people that can't deal with being on his level. Sounds like any quarterback worth a danm, sounds like a winner, sounds like a HoF player.
I wouldn't want to be on his "level." I do well for me, mine, and some others, but no way in hell would I want that stage. Like I stated in a post way back, in order to even be a good QB there has to be some...well...what I said was d baggery, but disassociation would be a better way of putting it.

But you're right. Definite HOFer. Statistics and the ring gets him in easy.
You get what I said to the "T". We're all good sir.

And no way am I on his level but I sure danm well respect that he's on that level. I'm rising but that level is dream level and probably not for my level of person. But life is surprising and you never know.
I guess if you're talking about level, you're kind of talking about market? RW is great at what he does in an elite market, but most characters don't change much. Again, I don't think he's some sort of bad guy though. He's just got his hustle on. Maybe more so in an elite market corporate way, but hustle none the less. The annoying part is really just an annoyance.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Exactly. He has his hustle on. I do also given I'm only around positive people. Russell is positive, deal with it and thank your lucky stars he's ours. I couldn't see another this generation quarterback being a better fit to be honest. The PNW needs to learn how to accept good things already.

erik2690

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2sipp4ks said:

And yet you seem to put plenty of stock in things like 'unnamed teammate' in 1 article or a story about a known hot head being a hot head as a way to add to your narrative and point. But if people take things at face value in the opposite direction it's naive. Seems like a convenient logic. Unnamed/unknown teammate saying 'not black enough' gets cited by you over Bobby Wagner defending Wilson during his worst part of last season (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1XsSBQbOOc) not because it holds more weight, but because it fits what you are already saying. I don't think what you are saying is so out of line, but when you call others believing what you don't naive while citing these things as backings of your reasoning it looks a bit weird. Can I ask by 'PR org in college' do you mean like just before getting drafted or like at NC State? Maybe I'd be wrong, but QB getting a PR/endorsement management type help doesn't seem that odd if he was soon going to NFL.

Also it's alludes, eludes is what he often does to potential sacks.

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1dnltq3x said:
Holy crap, I brought up Lynch being a leader as a retort to someone calling me a contrarian for the simple purpose of being a contrarian. Now we're on some BS about whether RW is a leader or not...what...from 10 posts back? What the hell is even going on here? Far too many "feelings" involved with this QB. It's like talking to religious people about religion....

Yes and then you added that Wilson was not because of Lynch, and even said not the "leader" you are real good at misdirection. Just not good enough

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2bpwtpyt said:

I am glad you think that way, Problem is what you are calling fake is not what fake is. Being PC is not being fake. As I said you have the right to believe what you want even if it is wrong. Me and most people will probably just take what we know at face value till some real evidence comes out to the contrary. But it must suck to always see the bad in everything or to have to find something bad. Not my problem though.

chris98251

Reaction score
If you look at this as Russell Incorporated instead of Russell Wilson it really should not matter, he is a Brand within the Brand. Think of Tiger Woods before his big fall with the affair prior to his downfall, he was squeaky clean as well. Lets hope that Wilson doesn't have that kind of skeleton in the closet.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1d48wexs said:
The annoying part is really just an annoyance.

If you find it an annoyance, it's because you've perceived it as such.
I'm annoyed with people who have painted themselves into a corner, and then blames the paintbrush. :mrgreen:

Latest posts