Russell Wilson Hero Rant

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
I was just watching videos on Russell WIlson and was getting super pumped. I love Russell Wilson. He is, without finding words that accurately describe him to me... "Sensationally Inspiring, Utter Brilliant and the Greatest" is the best I can come up with... Maybe someone else can chime in with their descriptions.

Crazy that people are talkin' about Russell Wilson like, "He's not black enough", He's not tall enough, he's not fast enough... What is that? *referring to the video tagged below* I understood that when he first came in the league but Still??? Russ has broken all the molds (The Stereotypes). Why is black or white, short or tall? How about people are who they are... Russ is the ultimate champion. The ultimate person. The ultimate competitor. The Ultimate Teammate. The Ultimate Winner. The Ultimate Champion. He is just chillin' @ The children's hospital every week. No big deal... LOL - I wish I could be moe like Russell. He is just one of those genuine human beings, and it happens to be that he is an incredible football player.

I would pick Russell Wilson over any QB in the league HAND DOWN. NO QUESTION. NO AND's, IF's or BUTS ABOUT IT. PERIOD. If you disagree you can meet me in the back alley of Hooters (ill bring the switch I borrowed from AP! :rumble: HAHA JK, but seriously. I love the dude. Obviously I am a Huge Seahawks fan and I mean SERIOUS Seahawks fan but I would love Russ no matter which team he was on and would cut off my left pinky finger to get him on our team. Lucky for me ,despite what my girlfriend says, my finger isn't worth much...

Russell Wilson will go down in NFL history as one of the Best QB's and Best people to ever play the game. I was watching the Monday Night Football Game tonight (Panthers vs. Bucs, 10/10/16) and you take a look at the QB's who are playing, granted Cam Newton was out for concussion protocol but even Jameis Winston (who is a legit young player). I was watching the game and saw overthrows and plays that should have been made by both QB's. Those are plays that Russ makes... and has always made since he was a starter his rookie year (minus the first few games vs. the Cards and the Panthers week 1&2 but even then (in those 2 games prior to the Pats game @ home , which I think was week 4, when he threw the game winner to Rice (Yep, remember that game?? of course you do!) he was playing at a level that most QB's in their first, second and even 3rd year + are still doing (Winston, Mariota, Carr. His accuracy is absolutely canny!

I wont lie, I was on the "Flynn it to Win it" band wagon back in 2012 in the beginning until I saw his dedication, relentless determination, skills and 100% belief in his ability to win. Dudes a winner. Dude is a freekin' WINNER. His spiral on the ball is second to none. I can honestly count the number of times on 2 hands where he threw a shaky ball. His accuracy, touch and consistency are second to none (and yeah, I hate the Harvard comma in case any English major was bothered by that). He is up there with Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady as far as proficiency but he has something else that I cannot put my finger on, that Extra, 6th sense / ability. You know, that extra stat that nobody, note even ESPN can calculate.. He is so consistent and accurate... esp with his deep balls, one of the best in the league. When he throws a deep ball it seems like he is just flicking the ball for a 15-yard pass but he hits Doug Baldwin for 68... its incredible. We as Seahawks fans are so damn lucky to have been blessed with Russell Wilson: And when I say lucky, it goes further than that. It is a Godsend. He makes me a better person.

Russell Wilson is the most exciting and fun to watch player I have ever seen. I just love seeing him play. Obviously Marshawn Lynch was on that list as well but unfortunately no longer. Russ is here to stay and will be a Seahawk for Life (S4L!!). Which makes me so happy!

Sky is the limit for Russ, and I cant wait to see how Great he can truly become. I don't care what all the haters say, cuz they will continue to doubt him no matter how great he will become... Cuz haters always gunna hate things they don't understand and don't meet their mental requirements of a stereotypical individual.

We are so lucky,. So damn lucky. Atlanta BEWARE Next Week! Ur Finna get messed UP. I put a G down on the Hawks winning the Super Bowl this year. I had the same feeling I had after loosing to Atlanta in 2012, and the next year I made the same bet and obviously that worked out pretty well. Super Bowl Here come The Seahawks!!!!

Some parting words of wisdom... Screw the Patroiots and Screw Tom Brady :2thumbs:

As my Man Russ Says after every interview "Go Hawks"! -12

https://youtu.be/YoE6mYb8dqw

McGruff

Reaction score
I watched two games this week. One featured Paxton Lynch and the other featured Derrick Anderson and Jamies Winston.

Never have I been so glad to have an elite QB.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Before my band's gig last Saturday night my drummer and I spent a healthy portion of the time talking about how blessed we are to have Russell Wilson as our QB and how his character inspires us to be the best versions of ourselves.

I'm not sure many fans around the league have that kind of conversation about their QBs.

We are truly blessed. This is the Golden Era of Seahawks Football no doubt.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Speaking of elite quarterbacking...

They say Russell has too establish himself as a pocket passer to be elite, yet, does not a pocket passer need to be mobile on foot to be considered elite as well? Seems like a double standard to me.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Had the exact same thinking after watching last nights game.

Not just wilson, but I am so thankful we have Pete and, here it comes, even BEVELL as our OC. That was an absolutely joke show of a coaching and play calling last night!

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2boc8260 said:

They say Russell has too establish himself as a pocket passer to be elite, yet, does not a pocket passer need to be mobile on foot to be considered elite as well? Seems like a double standard to me.

I believe he established himself successfully multipule times, especially last season as an elite pocket QB. The only people who really see that are: The fans who watched every snap of every game or some smart sports writers who paid close attention or went back and watched the games. The people who are still doubting him as a pocket QB obviously didn't see the games last year. They most likely just watched the ESPN highlight reel which doesn't do much for Russell's domination unfortunately.

The people questioning him just didn't have the opportunity or the desire to really do their homework. If I paid for a subscription to NFL Rewind and let them watch the second half of last season alone, they would see what we are all talking about.

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
northseahawk":18pxqg0g said:
Had the exact same thinking after watching last nights game.

Not just wilson, but I am so thankful we have Pete and, here it comes, even BEVELL as our OC. That was an absolutely joke show of a coaching and play calling last night!

Yeah DB has been solid this season. I am not sure why this season in particular he is so much better but it seems without Marshawn Lynch in the backfield he has opened up his playbook. Maybe he is not really good at forcing the run game.? Who knows

But what I noticed most last night and the games this weekend was the lack of accuracy by the QB's. There were so many over thrown balls and all plays that Russ makes look easy and almost always hits on. The ones that stood out the most were the over the shoulder mid to deep balls. We apparently take those for granted. Many times last night the receiver had beaten the DB and was open for a lead pass but the ball was either thrown too far or left or right. Russ is always on point with those. The plays to Jimmy and Doug last game were prime examples of that. We are so lucky. WOW

BASF

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":3ttko2t7 said:
I was just watching videos on Russell WIlson and was getting super pumped. I love Russell Wilson. He is, without finding words that accurately describe him to me... "Sensationally Inspiring, Utter Brilliant and the Greatest" is the best I can come up with... Maybe someone else can chime in with their descriptions.

I simply describe him as "Future Hall of Famer Russell Wilson"

Maulbert

Reaction score
russell-wilson-pass-on-you-pass-on-them.jpg

mikeak

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":je0s0wjk said:
Bobblehead":je0s0wjk said:

I believe he established himself successfully multipule times, especially last season as an elite pocket QB. The only people who really see that are: The fans who watched every snap of every game or some smart sports writers who paid close attention or went back and watched the games. The people who are still doubting him as a pocket QB obviously didn't see the games last year. They most likely just watched the ESPN highlight reel which doesn't do much for Russell's domination unfortunately.

The people questioning him just didn't have the opportunity or the desire to really do their homework. If I paid for a subscription to NFL Rewind and let them watch the second half of last season alone, they would see what we are all talking about.

I have questioned his ability to stay in the pocket area and not run to quickly or scramble out of it to quickly. I watched not only every single snap in NFL but I also watched him at NC State and a few of the Wisconsin games.

Is he elite throwing from the pocket - in my opinion yes when he stays there and throws it

We all know he is elite scrambling and passing

Doesn't mean that he stands in the pocket enough to be called an elite pocket passer. As I said elsewhere and most disagree (which is no reason for me to change my mind :)) I think post-injury recovery he will be elite across the board because he is forced to trust the O-line more and their job becomes easier knowing that he isn't moving around to much and that instead of stepping out of the pocket he will be stepping up in the pocket

HawkGA

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":33e9hy2v said:
People, especially the media, don't like him because, you know, he's got a bit of Kurt Warner/Roger Staubach/Matt Hasselback/Bart Starr vibe to him.

I have no idea what vibe that is. I didn't know those people had vibes, let alone a common vibe.

Joygazm

Reaction score
We could talk about Wilson the player and all his accomplishments.

But this is modern 2016 America, so we have to always make sure to infer race when ever possible so as to slowly segregate.

"He's not black enough" (Never heard a reporter or opposing coach state this, but apparently it's one of his negatives?)

Keeping narratives like this alive adds to the division. Why are we unable to move past having to mention a players race or level of race?

/rant

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2m84gsvl said:
Watch this.

Wonder what this ass hat says today.

[youtube]SpD09ymv3dw[/youtube]

Oh man, this video made me cringe. That's why draft grades don't mean a thing post draft. These two clowns looks like fools now