Is Russell Wilson regressing?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It's also worth noting that Russell and Luck had the same passing stats save for the desperation heave at the end of the game.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
jacksonfan":146ylthj said:
not sure how my thread didnt stay
but anyway wilson had an average preaseason and flat out has not been passing the ball well at all
Tjacks has been nothing short of spectacular, its obvious he never was in any competiion ever, because simply enough he outplayed wilson at every time he gets a chance just like wilson did to flynn

Lol Wilson played against 1's and tjack played against 2's and 3's. Tjack has looked good during the time he's got to play, no doubt about that, but put him with the 1's and it's a different story. Have you seen him play with the 1's in practice & training camp...?

Speak levels of incompetence about our FO that Tjack is outplaying Wilson yet they still want to go with Wilson am I right?

Starrman44

Reaction score
First of all, I don't think the teams we faced in those last five games were better than the five we have faced this year. Also, throw in the 10am starts from this year and that ups the degree of difficulty.

Also, our O-Line is very beat up and Wilson doesn't have a lot of time to throw.

I actually looked at your stat comparison and thought, man, his numbers look real good for all of the adversity we have faced this year.

I think he is doing just fine.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Ok. So RW had a terrible game, statistically, against the Texans last week.

Can anyone say that his stats were based on him regressing, or because we ran into a beehive called JJ Watt?

And, I also recall RW was pulled against JAX. He could have easily padded his stats in that game.

I know we lost a tough game today, and people need to vent, but a little perspective would be great.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Name one area in which he has regressed.

Sophomore slumps happen when a player is limited in what he can do, and the rest of the league figures that out (Cam Newton). Wilson is playing the position well. We have to protect him better, and he'll reach the next level as a passer.

seabowl

Reaction score
THE TABS":2ltotxrs said:
Name one area in which he has regressed.

Sophomore slumps happen when a player is limited in what he can do, and the rest of the league figures that out (Cam Newton). Wilson is playing the position well. We have to protect him better, and he'll reach the next level as a passer.

Accuracy. Overthrowing numerous times every game including the preseason. He was much more accurate last year in the pocket and rolling out.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
More and more I'm noticing that Wilson is running before he's even pressured.

TJH

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":33aug8xy said:

This. The people that are blaming everything on the line didn't watch the game very closely today. Oline was actually pretty decent and Wilson was spooked half the time.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TJH":1glv0kp2 said:
MontanaHawk05":1glv0kp2 said:

This. The people that are blaming everything on the line didn't watch the game very closely today. Oline was actually pretty decent and Wilson was spooked half the time.

Could you blame him after the Texans game? Last week, before the second half, he didn't run enough. This week, he runs too much. Until I see the full field, I'm not going to say he shouldn't have ran when he was successful running the ball

davidonmi

Reaction score
jacksonfan":1y23hvxc said:
but anyway wilson had an average preaseason and flat out has not been passing the ball well at all
Tjacks has been nothing short of spectacular, its obvious he never was in any competiion ever, because simply enough he outplayed wilson at every time he gets a chance just like wilson did to flynn
tavaris Jackson was a terrible QB in 2011, he was terrible in Minneasota. He has one good quarter in garbage time against the jags and we should start him? holy cow some of u guys just amaze me

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1qah4h1y said:
TJH":1qah4h1y said:
MontanaHawk05":1qah4h1y said:

Could you blame him after the Texans game? Last week, before the second half, he didn't run enough. This week, he runs too much. Until I see the full field, I'm not going to say he shouldn't have ran when he was successful running the ball

Yeah I wouldn't say he ran too much or it was a bad idea, because when he ran, it was pretty successful most of the time. Those read option runs though were :34853_doh:. Probably would've worked in the Jax game since they were crashing down heavy, but man those were not good this time around.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
davidonmi":3k2lys3p said:
jacksonfan":3k2lys3p said:
tavaris Jackson was a terrible QB in 2011, he was terrible in Minneasota. He has one good quarter in garbage time against the jags and we should start him? holy cow some of u guys just amaze me

Don't bother with the guy. He does this all the time. I think he's a family member or something.

davidonmi

Reaction score
TJH":3ro80iit said:
MontanaHawk05":3ro80iit said:

perhaps is was that he was running like and mad and he decided to run when he saw a crease and not when he was pressured.
Have u considered that?

TJH

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1vawmwe6 said:
TJH":1vawmwe6 said:
MontanaHawk05":1vawmwe6 said:

Could you blame him after the Texans game?

No, don't really blame him, but that's just what I saw today. The biggest issue is scrambling out cuts your reads in half and makes our receivers easy to cover. Today there was a lot of edge pressure and I would have loved to see him actually step up into the pocket.

TJH

Reaction score
davidonmi":1359kuzi said:
TJH":1359kuzi said:
MontanaHawk05":1359kuzi said:

perhaps is was that he was running like and mad and he decided to run when he saw a crease and not when he was pressured.
Have u considered that?

Sure, but on the long 3rd downs, he's got to hang tight and keep his options open. The 2-13 or whatever on 3rd down was our demise. No, it was not all his fault.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
-The Glove-":14t96rfq said:
We went 4-0 last year? That's news to me

Well...since the loss last night I have read a ton of false information and corny analysis.