Is the Defense better without Chancellor and Sherman?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I love the young guys stepping up, but we could sure use Kam and Sherm.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
getnasty":1ivx0yb4 said:
I'm not sure how much I'm missing Kam but Sherms absence is definitely felt.
I suppose with Kam there is at least an argument to be made, although I still think it's a stretch. But there's no way Maxwell - despite mostly playing well enough - was any sort of upgrade on Sherman.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Short answer, no.

Pretty happy with a big win tonight though.

poly1274

Reaction score
Honestly Chancellor is better than his backup.

But if Sherman sticks against the OPP's #1 WR, I would say Yes. Sometimes Sherman goes against #3's Most of the time.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
is this d better without Kam and Sherm lol...I agree with others McDougald can play and that helps a ton so I don't think that drop off is felt as severely as Sherms but this team is always better with Sherm on the field. but most importantly LANE OFF it

Smellyman

Reaction score
poly1274":3i1iqe84 said:
Yeah but Lane is better than Coleman IMO.

100% this. This is a big reason it looked better. Less lane more Coleman

Edit: misread your quote I didn't think it was possible for someone to write what you wrote.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Just read a comment from an Eagles fan that said, "Can you imagine how this would have been if Seattle had all their starters?"

Cracked me up. You're talking Avril there too though. Carson, probably, even though Davis played well, etc.

Point is, it's a testament to how this team has responded and also the depth that we sought to get for specifically this reason. That with a couple of players who are playing at MVP/POY type levels at the time of year when we usually see that surge.....it's not optimal, but it's damn good. Maybe even good enough.

This time of year, it's always hard to get a read on Seattle. They're dangerous right about now, as usual.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Better, no, but there are some upsides.

Obviously, younger guys get more playing time which makes them better, and lets us/coaches see really how good they are. Nothing compares to actual game time to evaluate a player.

And, it screws with opponents' game plan. You think you've got easy mode in the passing game, only to realize there's still pass rush to contend with and the new guys aren't too shabby either.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

However, they got the job done tonight.

Seymour

Reaction score
Better? No. But they don't fall off the face of the earth like many predicted either. As long as the D line pressure continues they will hold, the pressure drops and the warts will be exposed.

RussB

Reaction score
Mcdougald is better in coverage than Kam. Maxwell and shaq are also good but come on sherman is probably still the best corner in the NFL. I think they can run more man to man now because mcdougald can cover well.

Seafan

Reaction score
Last year it was Sherman and Shead and not much else. Right now it's Shaq, Max, Coleman, Lane and Thorpe. The depth is solid. Shead returning would be gravy.

The Hawks have never had a credible backup to Thomas. They do now.

The improving DL is helping this defense plus the lights out play at LB. Tonight was bend but don't break. I'll take that every game.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
chris98251":28ag3of2 said:
Don't mistake a defense that could rest between series for one that was on the fieild a lot because the offense did nothing but three and out, Max is doing a good job, he needs to play through the whistle and not relax when he thinks the play is going away or is going to be finished. Shaq is going to dominate soon, McDougal is a starter, he plays pass better but Kam plays the run better, the seam pattern isn't there however when McDougal is in.

All good points, and all things Chancellor and Sherman learned. Time for the next gen to step up. Imagine having the luxury of spending money on the O line for a change...what havoc could Russ wreak given a decent O line?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
SlickRick":f6h6apss said:
Shaq is going to replace Sherman, and McDougald is the real deal I said it when we signed him he is a beast. If I'm not mistaken he intercepted Wilson 3 times in there game against the bucs last year

Chancellor is no longer missed imo we found our new guy

You are mistaken, he intercepted Russ once, the game winner. But, he is the real deal, one of the best signings by any team IMO.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Coleman was a great trade and basically made Lane expendable.

Sherman will come back just as strong next season, he looked the same this year as years past even with a lingering Achilles injury. Kam is a little slower but he sets the tone in the running game and against TE's. I think McDougald would be a good re-sign though, he's earned a contract. Lots of optimism for the secondary next year and in the future.

Latest posts