Is the Defense better without Chancellor and Sherman?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Here's what I think it is. Honestly, I think that what's really been needed ... is for everyone out there to doubt these guys -- to say that they're washed up, no longer elite, etc. What's been missing (really ever since 2014) is that chip on the shoulder. These guys really haven't had that since losing the Super Bowl. Everyone has EXPECTED them to be good. I think they honestly need a lot of the experts and talking heads out there to start doubting them.

Don't get me wrong, I think the addition of Byron Maxwell has been HUGE and has helped offset the loss of Sherman ... and the same thing can be said about McDougald in regards to Chancellor ... BUT, I'm honestly thinking that's the difference. They need everyone out there saying they CAN'T beat good teams anymore. Therefore, they will. This team NEEDS that chip on the shoulder. It's like having a hot looking muscle car ... but having no gasoline to actually run it. Last night, that chip on the shoulder was back. JMHO.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":atizjk5e said:
Here's what I think it is. Honestly, I think that what's really been needed ... is for everyone out there to doubt these guys -- to say that they're washed up, no longer elite, etc. What's been missing (really ever since 2014) is that chip on the shoulder. These guys really haven't had that since losing the Super Bowl. Everyone has EXPECTED them to be good. I think they honestly need a lot of the experts and talking heads out there to start doubting them.

Don't get me wrong, I think the addition of Byron Maxwell has been HUGE and has helped offset the loss of Sherman ... and the same thing can be said about McDougald in regards to Chancellor ... BUT, I'm honestly thinking that's the difference. They need everyone out there saying they CAN'T beat good teams anymore. Therefore, they will. This team NEEDS that chip on the shoulder. It's like having a hot looking muscle car ... but having no gasoline to actually run it. Last night, that chip on the shoulder was back. JMHO.

I agree. For as long as I can remember, Seahawks have always shown their greatness even more-so the exact second they're considered the underdogs and expected to lose. It's that fire that thrills me and makes me proud to be a fan. That electricity when they're playing their hearts out to prove everyone wrong is worth the near-heart-attack-games through the beginning of the season.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
jmahon316":wrh56p62 said:
Hawkscanner":wrh56p62 said:

I agree. For as long as I can remember, Seahawks have always shown their greatness even more-so the exact second they're considered the underdogs and expected to lose. It's that fire that thrills me and makes me proud to be a fan. That electricity when they're playing their hearts out to prove everyone wrong is worth the near-heart-attack-games through the beginning of the season.

Exactly. Honestly, I'm kind of wondering if we should stop praising these guys around here ... and start more of the "These Guys Suck!" threads. I'm thinking that kind of stuff ... that kind of doubt ... is their Tackling Fuel ...

[youtube]HTb-qfawCjo[/youtube]

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
No one better than Sherm but depth at CB understated... Earl back there is ultimate piece... Kam is more missed solely from calling out roles and more importantly run stoppage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizak

Reaction score
The better question to ask is is this defense gonna play this way ON THE ROAD?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
If they were healthy, this defense could have been the all-time greatest. If took them a few games to hit their stride, but we are starting to see it come together, even without two of our best players. Credit to Pete Carroll, the players, and the rest of the coaches and front office for rolling with the punches.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Obviously, they are not better. But Wyman made the point that Mcdougald is actually better in coverage than Kam at this point. Obviously he doesn't have the intimidation factor, but that was one hell of a pickup in the off season.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
Griffin has been burned more than a couple of times.

They did pretty well Sunday night, and RS has lost a step, but we could really use them right now.