Is the rest of the playoffs gravy or do you still want more?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Someone mentioned that they would consider the rest of the season gravy and that they were already satisfied. What are you guys thinking?

I mean, first we should probably determine if our window is open yet.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I am NOT ready for the season to end.

ensett

Reaction score
I cant tell if this is a real question or not

Uncle Si

Reaction score
problem is, I expect us to win next week.... and if we do that we're playing in the NFC championship game and who wants to lose that game? Ofcourse, we win again and we're in the Super Bowl, and id hate to lose that one.

so no, I think id be just as upset if we lose from here on out as would have been yesterday

hawks02

Reaction score
I look at the potential match-ups and don't see any reason we can't win. I'm not overlooking the opposition. I realize we are in for a tough road, but I truly in my heart of hearts feel like we CAN match up and CAN win against any team left. Hell, we have beat a lot of the tough teams left. So that being said, I want a Lombardi Trophy and I think we got what it takes. I didn't feel this way with the 05 team. This team is something different and matches up well with every team out there. We aren't just the lucky team making in through the playoffs, we should be feared.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I don't want the season to be over, but having beaten RG3 and outlasted the other rookie QBs, there's no shame in losing at this point. We've done far better than most have expected us to. I DO think this game against the falcons is a great matchup for us and we can win this one in convincing fashion--And I hope we do. I won't be suicidal if we lose though. I think it would almost be tougher on me to win this game and lose the NFCCG than it would be to lose on Sunday. But that doesn't mean for a second that I want out. Let's take this as far as we can... I'm IN!!!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Aside from my post about not underrating and overlooking the falcons, I think the Falcons are a team we can beat if our secondary is as good as it's looked for most of 17 games so far this year.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Before the Skins game, I was almost content; I was happy with the season and wouldn't have been bothered too much w a loss. I wasn't even nervous.

Now, I want the NFC Championship game in a bad way, either GB or SF, I don't care. I'm already nervous for the ATL game.

G

I made a Superbowl bet @ PH in Vegas back in August @ 50-1, and I won't be satisfied 'til I cash it. This team is more than capable.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If we lose the divisional round, it won't hurt as much as a first round exit to me. It'll still sting, but I'll should, theoretically, be able to take it a little bit better. Wouldn't be able to handle a loss after this next round, though, and I really don't want the journey to end, period.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":21bbj1so said:
Before the Skins game, I was almost content; I was happy with the season and wouldn't have been bothered too much w a loss. I wasn't even nervous.

Now, I want the NFC Championship game in a bad way, either GB or SF, I don't care. I'm already nervous for the ATL game.

Hehe, I'm just the opposite. I wanted the Redskins game badly, really badly, stomach-ache badly. I kinda hate Washington and I can't quite figure out why. (Sure loved 'em when Doug Williams paddled sniveling John Elway, that's for sure.) For some reason, I just don't have the same twisting in the gut over the Falcons -- hard to understand why. Sure, I want to win and all, but if we lose, I won't be suicidal like I would have been if we had lost to DC.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Part of me says gravy. We still have quite a few holes.

But part of me has had a tough year, needs to have my faith in humanity restored, and wants a Super Bowl.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1474ec84 said:
Someone mentioned that they would consider the rest of the season gravy and that they were already satisfied. What are you guys thinking?

I mean, first we should probably determine if our window is open yet.
I won't be completely satisfied until I see RW3 and Paul Allen holding up this seasons Lombardi!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Really, really wanted a win against Washington in the first round. Would have been very disappointed with a loss.

I really want a win against Atlanta, but the game does have a bit of "gravy" feel to it. I said sometime about three quarters through the season I envisioned us going 1-1 in the playoffs, and it still feels like it to me.

If we win against Atlanta, I'll really, really want the win against SF/GB, because at that point, we're so close we can taste it. And I really want SF. Not only do I think they're a bit more beatable than GB, but the win would be sweeter.

Getting to the Super Bowl again I would really, really want a win, but we'd probably be going up against some long odds and a Hall of Fame quarterback. I'd understand if it just wasn't in the cards for us.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
To me, the Skins game was gravy. I just enjoy seeing the progression of the Hawks.

That said, this team could have fell apart, but even down 14, at no point was I even close to worried. My living room was freaking out and I was cal, telling everyone to just wait. I came out looking like a rise on that one.

The Hawks are dangerous, period and they are going to be involved in every game.

grizbob

Reaction score
Anything less than an NFC Championship game would upset me now. :3: :D

Wizofwest

Reaction score
There is no guarantee in sports. This team is good enough to win it all now, so lets just get it done. If we happen to lose before our ultimate goal is achieved then we will still look back at this season as a success.