is Wilson finished..?

toffee

Reaction score
He is more or less finished for this season, but may bounced back some next season if the Broncos improve the OL and hire a new HC. Broncos should be calling John Schneider and offer a star LB plus picks for Tyler Lockett. Wilson ain't work without his security blanket.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
He has a poor rating. It's a little early to stick a fork in him, but he's been surprisingly bad.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Nah....He's not finished. He won a lot of games for us here and it wasn't long ago we had MVP threads about him.

That said, I would put him at serviceable. These delusions of grandeur he has about being the "best to ever play this game" are laughable, if not concerning. I suppose if you say something a million times over and over you start to believe your own BS, but a lie told a million times never becomes truth.

Denver has a stout D. Someone (Hackett more than likely) will have to fall on the sword. Once they have someone competent coaching, I think Russell will return to a solid mid tier QB.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Brady and Rodgers are far from washed up. Wilson and Wentz on the other hand …
I dunno.... Brady's tanking his whole life, and Rodgers has turned into some sort of weirdo. They all seem to be tanking it - although I do like the "turducken" commment!

acer1240

Reaction score
This weekend, it will be Wilson vs Wilson, if our Wilson couldn't prevail, he is done for this season. He doesn't have the mental toughness to overcome the side eyes in the locker room, his fragile psyche will crack, if it hasn't been cracked already.
Fragile ego is a perfect way to describe it. Some of us have been claiming that for years now.

toffee

Reaction score
Fragile ego is a perfect way to describe it. Some of us have been claiming that for years now.
I think it would be fair to say that Wilson is a complex person, and Carroll handled him perfectly. He's someone needs to be praised on every move that he made, only thing unlimited about Russ is his insecurity, Pete openly praised him and never criticized him, Pete probably encouraged coaches and teammates to do so. When some teammates wouldn't play along, they were traded or released. I joked in the past years that Pete sold his soul to Wilson, but that's the only way for Russ to function.

Hackett may be a better XO guy than Carroll, Hackett do not know how to coach Wilson.

Russ is not unlike Sea Biscuits, a very fast horse. Under his first trainer, a multiple triple winning trainer, Sea Biscuits refused to run in the morning, when pushed, he bite the trainers and jockeys. With his second trainer, a cowboy, Sea Biscuits got a double sized stable, in came an old mare, a monkey, some birds, etc., Sea Biscuits slept laying down, and till noon. With that he started winning. Sea Biscuits was a weirdo, with mama and loneliness issues. Russ's the same way.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Nah....He's not finished. He won a lot of games for us here and it wasn't long ago we had MVP threads about him.

That said, I would put him at serviceable. These delusions of grandeur he has about being the "best to ever play this game" are laughable, if not concerning. I suppose if you say something a million times over and over you start to believe your own BS, but a lie told a million times never becomes truth.

Denver has a stout D. Someone (Hackett more than likely) will have to fall on the sword. Once they have someone competent coaching, I think Russell will return to a solid mid tier QB.
Hackett isn’t missing wide open receivers or throwing red zone interceptions. But yeah he’ll be the fall guy because he thought Wilson would execute better

Boohman14

Reaction score
Wilson isn't done but he needs a life coach. He can't live in his elitist world and expect to have the team have his back. His cornball statements and catchphrases gotta go. He does not project anything genuine. He needs to get back to basic football and give up on the showboating antics and pressers about his off season work and charity activities. He's forgotten how often Balwin and Lockett and Kearse made spectacular plays and Russ got most of the credit.
He needs to celebrate his teammates success and focus on the game and being better. I think Hackett is a work in progress but not as bad as he's looked. I've seen Russ miss open receivers and he still throws late.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
He’ll never win a Super Bowl with his diminished abilities but he can still eke out 8 wins if everything goes right. Denver will soon lose that high caliber defense to free agency and waste away their efforts with Wilson stinking up the joint. Not sure how Hackett can continue to go with Russ over Brett Rypien. Perhaps some time on the bench will do him some good

Rainger

Reaction score
He is more or less finished for this season, but may bounced back some next season if the Broncos improve the OL and hire a new HC. Broncos should be calling John Schneider and offer a star LB plus picks for Tyler Lockett. Wilson ain't work without his security blanket.
Oh come on toffee you have fallen to the same excuses we constantly heard here.

"If the Broncos improve their OL and new HC."

That is what everyone screamed here for the last 4 years. Come on man!

It is not the OL the HC the OC. I never thought I would read that in one of your posts.

Latest posts