It’ll be a buyer’s market for free-agent receivers

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Kenny Britt might come cheap. Think he has reclamation potential here? And he could likely keep #18.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If Tate walks they need to replace him via the draft. The WR class is absolutely loaded, and that will be a cheaper and wiser investment.

bigcc

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":qgbm14ph said:
IndyHawk":qgbm14ph said:
I myself like Riley Cooper,he seems to have that upbeat personality like Pete wants..I know there is that
negetive story on him but the Eagles seemed to let it go ...

6 3, 220, 4.5 40, almost 18ypc. if he's half as threatening in the red zone as he is at concerts I'd let him come play for a cheapish deal.

or we can sign Britt for a quarter of the price and twice the potential

Same height/weight, all of britts athletic measurables are better, they've played/started nearly the identical number of games, yet Britts stats DWARFS Coopers, oh and Britts OVER a year younger.

This guy can be gotten for pennies, due to issues with coaches and whatnot, which carroll and the other wr's will make sure wouldn't be an issue.

Quote me now when I say Britt could go down as one of the steals of the offseason.

bigcc

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":q6qzp82c said:
Kenny Britt might come cheap. Think he has reclamation potential here? And he could likely keep #18.

damnit you beat me to it with your cheap one liner, but yes he WILL come cheap, and there is reclamation potential like no other in this FA class.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
bigcc":47kv6rsq said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":47kv6rsq said:
IndyHawk":47kv6rsq said:
I myself like Riley Cooper,he seems to have that upbeat personality like Pete wants..I know there is that

6 3, 220, 4.5 40, almost 18ypc. if he's half as threatening in the red zone as he is at concerts I'd let him come play for a cheapish deal.

Same height/weight, all of britts athletic measurables are better, they've played/started nearly the identical number of games, yet Britts stats DWARFS Coopers, oh and Britts OVER a year younger.

This guy can be gotten for pennies, due to issues with coaches and whatnot, which carroll and the other wr's will make sure wouldn't be an issue.

Quote me now when I say Britt could go down as one of the steals of the offseason.

I'm Pretty sure most of that is not even true. I doubt either will command big contacts, Britts reason for being cheap isn't as close to as controversial as coopers.. Therefore if anything Cooper would be cheaper by that logic.

Britt is much more injury prone, and I would not be surprised if he's Not the same athlete you think you remember although that I'm not positive on. What I do know is he hasn't finished an entire season in 5 years and Cooper didn't miss any last season.

Dwarfs his stats?...., not even close. Coopers been stuck behind 2 first round picks. Britt has never had a 1000 yard season. Nobody's even close to out paying either Enough to make a statement like that.

And to those saying we should just Draft, I totally agree, but I have to waste the off season discussing something. Plus even if we Draft a wr and cut rice, what if tate goes too, we might need one of these guys on a short deal.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":11pjocs1 said:
Riley Cooper sucks.

His 850 yards in only 47 catches with 8 TD's says otherwise. Cooper would be a great fit here, bigger body Jordy Nelson type receiver.

Staying in Philly, Jeremy Maclin would be an interesting receiver to look at signing if I was JS. Yes he's injury prone, but when healthy he's productive........which means you could get him on a cheaper one year "prove it" deal. My guess is Philly is going to concentrate on re-signing Cooper over Maclin. They can't afford to re-sign both, not after giving Jackson that huge contract.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
How about the fact that the Hawks don't need to spend money on another outside WR at all.

None of those free agent guys have an unreal skill set.

Next year...Harvin, Baldwin (restricted but they don't get signed away anymore), Kearse, Lockette, and I believe Rice will be back on a massive pay cut.

Add a late round pick and be done with it.

If Tate resigns that is GRAVY!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawk Mike":hm7r4l4s said:
How about the fact that the Hawks don't need to spend money on another outside WR at all.

None of those free agent guys have an unreal skill set.

Next year...Harvin, Baldwin (restricted but they don't get signed away anymore), Kearse, Lockette, and I believe Rice will be back on a massive pay cut.

Add a late round pick and be done with it.

If Tate resigns that is GRAVY!!

I agree with you if we can find a big target WR in the draft. But if not, then we still need one.

You're counting on Harvin staying healthy for 16 games and the playoffs? That's a BIG trust factor to count on. And I don't want Rice back, even on a smaller contract. Even before he got hurt you could tell his skills were diminished.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The WR FA list just got longer today with the addition of Nate Burleson.

Combined with a deep draft for WR, the FA WRs are not going to get big dollars, which should help us sign Golden Tate.

Problem is... I'd prefer to re-sign Golden before March 8th... and the soft market I'm predicting won't play out until after March 11th.

bigcc

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":h3ccpqs6 said:
bigcc":h3ccpqs6 said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":h3ccpqs6 said:
IndyHawk":h3ccpqs6 said:

I'm Pretty sure most of that is not even true. I doubt either will command big contacts, Britts reason for being cheap isn't as close to as controversial as coopers.. Therefore if anything Cooper would be cheaper by that logic.

Britt is much more injury prone, and I would not be surprised if he's Not the same athlete you think you remember although that I'm not positive on. What I do know is he hasn't finished an entire season in 5 years and Cooper didn't miss any last season.

Dwarfs his stats?...., not even close. Coopers been stuck behind 2 first round picks. Britt has never had a 1000 yard season. Nobody's even close to out paying either Enough to make a statement like that.

And to those saying we should just Draft, I totally agree, but I have to waste the off season discussing something. Plus even if we Draft a wr and cut rice, what if tate goes too, we might need one of these guys on a short deal.

I'm pretty sure the combine didn't fake the numbers so that Britt looked better than Cooper. I'm pretty sure Britt has had 2413 yards, 19 tds, and Cooper has had 1514 yards and 13 td's, since you feel like discrediting me without looking anything up, I'll help you out buddy http://www.nfl.com/player/rileycooper/497282/profile http://www.nfl.com/player/kennybritt/71217/profile.

So I'm pretty sure what I said IS true, don't discredit another posts numbers without doing some research.

And hey, remember that RB we traded for that had never played 16 games before and had several legal issues? Yeah that sure didn't work out. Not to mention you're delusional if you think Cooper is going anywhere "cheap". He just came off his best season, hey maybe in your fantasy land mike evans falls to us at 32 and we don't have to worry about either.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
@my friend bigcc. I don't give a crap if we get either. No, I'm pretty sure everything I said was pretty accurate idk how much either will get paid and those comments were speculation, I did do my research, enough to know what you said was astronomically exaggerated.

Maybe we should go sign Jerry rice if career stats are so Important to you. the last time Britt had a season like Coopers last season was 4 years ago. I don't think having your best season 4 years Prior which was marginally better then coopers most previous season Justifies saying his stats dwarf his, it's entirely misleading.

Here's britts injury history for you since you love researching http://www.kffl.com/player/20757/nfl/in ... enny-britt
That's enough to lead me to believe britt may not be the same type of athlete he once was, that's not called discrediting, it's called common sense.

Maybe if lynch could give his knees to britt that would help your case.

xCalibur

Reaction score
???...I do not see one WR from that list i would even want?....we have small speddy guys...if we loose Rice, then we need to get ourselves a big tall #1 wr...there are none on that list....also, we just gave away the farm for Harvin...so we cannot afford a huge contract for another wr....we need to spend that money on the defense and either Baldwin or Tate or both....i say we go after a big wr in the draft

MVP53

Reaction score
Any thought of Anquan Boldin in Seattle?

Not sure what the 9ers are offering, but could Boldin be had on a 1 year deal at $4-5M?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MVP53":1sqnexuk said:

Not sure what the 9ers are offering, but could Boldin be had on a 1 year deal at $4-5M?

Interesting idea. Boldin is the type of player that we need, dependable big body.

But my guess is he's in the same boat as Bennett, took a cheaper one year deal on a contender, performed and now wants a longer deal.

bigcc

Reaction score
MVP53":z5w06asz said:

I honestly don't think he'd come here.

MVP53

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":18f2lhw2 said:
MVP53":18f2lhw2 said:

Interesting idea. Boldin is the type of player that we need, dependable big body.

But my guess is he's in the same boat as Bennett, took a cheaper one year deal on a contender, performed and now wants a longer deal.

I think he'll be 33 this next year, so not sure how long he'd realistically get.

Also, didn't SF trade for him & assume his existing contract?