It hurts

adeltaY

Reaction score
Falcons have had comically bad turnover luck and the Panthers D has been forcing some turnovers as pointed out above. Match made in heaven?

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
adeltaY":3ozlwf6v said:
Falcons have had comically bad turnover luck and the Panthers D has been forcing some turnovers as pointed out above. Match made in heaven?

Newton is a grade A certified Choke Artist though. My hope? Sarkisian's toxic attitude and poor game plans continue to inflict damage on the Failcons.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
mrt144":5y3fn7k3 said:
hawknation2017":5y3fn7k3 said:
You could say Cam is our guardian angel.
Camnewtonhalloween

I know at least one panthers fan that has that going to their inbox if they win.
Hopefully Can Newton delivers unlike Jameis Win?ston who was a bonehead during and after the conclusion of their last game.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3hxnd44l said:
ctrcat":3hxnd44l said:
He is loved in Carolina more than he’s hated elsewhere. The 2010 Panthers were BAD, and Andrew Luck ran from the chance. Cam embraced it, won ROY, an MVP, the conference, has the chance to win the division 4 of 5 years, re-signed for at or below market value without headache or holdout, has stayed out of trouble, is great with the kids/community, etc. He then throws laser beams to guys named Kaelin Clay and Brenton Bersin; runs over, around, and through people, puts his body on the line, etc.

He also walks on water, and put in a good word with God on RW's behalf. :roll: Plus, when the Superbowl is on the line, he's not afraid to put his body on the line to recover a fumbled snap. Oh, wait... :mrgreen:

Did someone say...

cam-newton-jumps-back-after-fumbling.gif

aawolf

Reaction score
original poster":2pj5759j said:
He does seem pretty universally hated.

How do Panthers fans typically view him?

I live pretty much in Charlotte. I go to a few Panthers games every year. I hopped on the Seahawks bandwagon when they drafted Russell Wilson from my alma mater NC State, but I've always been a Panther fan since they got here in 1996.

Cam is loved here for the most part, though not universally loved. His antics at Florida and Auburn made his #1 overall pick very controversial. I was very skeptical of the pick. But, he proved me and other doubters wrong with his ability to take the team on his back and pull out several wins. It took him a while to develop, but its clear that if its 3rd and whatever, the Panthers can convert when Cam just takes off. He's as exciting of a runner as he is a passer. He's not a typical QB and his effort and skill isn't always going to show up on the stat sheet. Throwing to "pedestrian" WRs, he gets it done with wins more often than not. His passes are often incomplete because he throws the ball so darn hard, which explains a lot on the completion percentage and turnovers that bounce off his receivers. I'm not making excuses for him, but its clear watching Panthers games that Cam is rarely the major problem on the Panther's offense when they lose.

The biggest key to success IMO for the Panthers offense has always been if they can get their running game going and their defense plays their usual stellar run-stuffing game. When Jonathan Stewart rushes like he's capable of, then the Panthers usually win. They've got to get him going in this game early and often so that Cam can get the Falcons deep. McCaffery is not a good between-the-tackles runner, but he is a great weapon out of the backfield when he's used as a pass-catcher or runs wide. As the season has progressed, he's developed into quite a weapon.

On Defense, like the Seahawks, the Panthers D is capable of shutting down the run. The secondary has found life in the past several weeks and is capable of forcing turnovers. The D has gotten much better in the second half of the season in getting turnover and pressuring the QB. The defense is basically like the Seahawks over the fewl years with a better D-line in getting pressure and a worse secondary.

The Panthers are more than capable of shutting down the Falcons and pulling out a win. In a game that doesn't really mean much for them, I hope they give full effort and get a W for my Seahawks.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
pretty funny seeing seahawk fans calling Cam Newton a "choke artist", meanwhile their QB literally threw away a Super Bowl at the one yard line setting off events that decimated the entire franchise lmao

yeah, but he didn't jump on a fumble once in a split second decision that would have been fourth down anyway

good logic bros :2thumbs:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":16oixfmu said:
pretty funny seeing seahawk fans calling Cam Newton a "choke artist", meanwhile their QB literally threw away a Super Bowl at the one yard line setting off events that decimated the entire franchise lmao

yeah, but he didn't jump on a fumble once in a split second decision that would have been fourth down anyway

Pick6

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":1mh1ebdo said:

Maybe you can remember better than I can. How many Super Bowl rings does Cam Newton own? Last time I checked Russ has one ring, and went to two Superbowls in his first three years, has never had a losing season. Comparing Newton to Wilson is a battle you'll lose every time.

Try keeping up will ya?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Hmm it's almost like it's not the result, it's the effort people are criticising when they bring up the failed fumble recovery.

Even people on the cesspool that is Facebook were saying "Russell Wilson would've jumped on that fumble."

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
adeltaY":3182nkcc said:
Hmm it's almost like it's not the result, it's the effort people are criticising when they bring up the failed fumble recovery.

Even people on the cesspool that is Facebook were saying "Russell Wilson would've jumped on that fumble."

KZjJgZR.gif

Or when he threw himself on the ground like a 3yr old.

Latest posts