It looks like we really miss Bennett

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Quick passes by the opponent and rushing 4 all game is not going to get anyone sacks. Quinn knew this.

The Breh

Reaction score
semiahmoo":yz7d0yd1 said:
canucklehead":yz7d0yd1 said:
semiahmoo":yz7d0yd1 said:
Bennett is a shadow of his former self and he tries to fill what's missing w/non-football related nonsense.

There's plenty to be concerned about w/this team but the absence of Bennett isn't one of them...

Dat the Truth.

Bennett was invisible or on the ground like 2017 for most of his snaps in Eagles 2018 opener.

In his day he was great but that day is not now.

Yup. His tank is all but empty and has been for a while. Life goes on...
8 1/2 sacks last year and made the Pro-Bowl.
Don't rewrite history because he's somehow personally hurt y'all.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Yeah, this won't go well. He's the devil, apparently.

The the point of the thread though, we absolutely need more consistent pressure up the middle of the defense in particular even though I doubt that Bennett will play up to the previous years going forward.

This is one of the reasons I still advocate trading Earl for future assets in attaining pass rushers. If a decent QB has 5 seconds, it doesn't matter who your FS is.

Also why we need to have a better rotation when it comes to Tom Johnson only playing 3rd downs instead of starting and also not having Naz inactive. Them big boys need rest to sustain any measure of explosive energy out of their stance.

adeltaY

Reaction score
He created some pressures on Thursday and the Falcons OL isn't bad. Was also good against the run.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Bennett would have started a riot after that game :rumble:

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
The absence of Avril is more prominent than the absence of Bennett, imo.

adeltaY

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/1039166021855105024[/tweet]

Bennett's not the only one we might be missing.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Pro Bowl Bennett would very likely have been the difference in a win vs loss in the game. Denver QB had carte blanche and all the time in the world after his snaps. Michael Bennett's skills and presence will be difficult to replace anytime soon.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I want to know where was all the pressure packages and zone blitzes we saw against the Vikings in WK3 of the preseason. That game had me excited for things to come then last Sunday we ran just a straight up vanilla defense.

They’re going to have to get creative with blitzing this year to generate pressure. I’d like to see some designed blitzes with Shaquem and Mingo.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I don't recall anything resembling a pass rush on grass last year, even with Bennett.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Seahawks miss Bennett from 2014/15, not the current version of Michael Bennett.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
lukerguy":1sk1kmwk said:
Seahawks miss Bennett from 2014/15, not the current version of Michael Bennett.

Truth.

Bennett version 2017-2018-2019 is good riddance territory. High maintenance w/o the game day payoff.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":2js1pfdv said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/1039166021855105024[/tweet]

Bennett's not the only one we might be missing.

This.

We had that guy. Richardson (despite lack of individual production) provided that 'must double team' quality. I can't know if he was just a poor fit for the defense in terms of gap integrity. No quality in this scheme will forgive that cardinal sin.

Good thing next years draft at DL looks more loaded than the CB/WR heavy drafts of recent years. There is a boat load of talent coming for teams that need quality at that position.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17s4zzjo said:
Bennett stunk Thursday night, had two combined tackles and one assist.

That's was playing only 30-40% of the snaps rotating with Philly's nasty D-line where there was plenty to eat with a poor banged up Falcons O-line.............and he's looked slow and old all preseason.

To the point where he's not even starting anymore.

So no thanks, I'd rather develop the younger guys than see another season of Bennett worn out by the 8th game and being invisible for the rest of the year.

Michael Bennett played 45 snaps (64%) last Thursday at all four spots on the DL (19 @RDE, 16 @LDE, 1 @RDT, and 4 @LDT). One total snap less than Eagles starting DE Brandon Graham and five more snaps that LDE Derek Barnett.

Also, when Bennett was on the field, the Eagles D gave up 3.6yds per play. 6.3 yards when he was not on the field.

So you can look at that stat sheet and just say "he was awful" but a deeper look shows that he's still effective.

I'm glad we have him in Philly now but given Seattle's complete lack of a pass rush, it's weird to sit here and say you wouldn't want him right now. You have no one else that can get to the QB.

The fact that he's not expected to play 90%+ of the snaps should help keep him fresh for the home stretch as well.