It was the Colts

themunn

Reaction score
"It was the Colts", yet the Cardinals had to go to OT to beat them and the Browns (of course) lost to them.

The Rams dismantled them... but so did we.

Seafan

Reaction score
If Russ gives the Rams a safety and two ints in the first half the game won't end well. That's all we are saying. You can do that crap against the Colts.

modernman

Reaction score
...No win situation win or lose with this game...either we do what we supposed to and win...or we don't...

Well we won, but like OP said.... we a so very far from the NFC champs or let alone SB run just cause we beat a team should beat....IF we beat several 'good' teams then the chatter can start, short of that we are on track for 8-8 season IMHO.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
sutz":1ss7fqqf said:
Jville":1ss7fqqf said:
This could become an epic thread by the legion of gloom and doom.
I know. Yesterday it was "We have to make a statement because they suck."

Now it's, "Well sure we won big, but it was only the Colts."

:34853_doh:

Can't even enjoy a great win anymore, always with the doom and gloom around here. I wonder how many fire Bevell posts there will be. Hawks played a great game, O-line had a good game. Enjoy it.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I thought this was a good win. The team has struggled all season and looked bad in the first half. However they looked good in the second half and perhaps that will be the team 'a springboard. If we come out and lose to the Rams then yes it was the colts.

randomation

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":p13dh1f1 said:
Yea I mean the Hawks finally put away maybe the worst team in the league after playing like crap for a half, meanwhile the Rams beat the Cowboys in Dallas. The Rams are the best team in the division this year.

There is one bit of hope in that. Dallas was playing without Sean Lee which is like us playing without Bwagz possibly even more impactful since the Cowboys don't have 7 other pro bowl level players on D.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
There is so much positive to build on from that game, Eddie Lacy's rejuvenation for one. Great win!

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It's great we didn't lose to the Colts on the other hand it was a home game against a really bad team. Nothings changed the Seahawks need a win against a good team they don't have one yet. When they do then we can talk about playoffs and the rest.

StoneCold

Reaction score
chris98251":4dp4dokj said:
Scorpion05":4dp4dokj said:
Every great team has a bounce back win. On the other hand, I've watched enough football to see the Patriots struggle against teams like the Bills and Jets(when they were BAD), or the Packers struggle against the Lions(when they were terrible), or the Patriots losing to a team like the Browns years ago but going to the Super Bowl

Honestly I can't understand the black and white football thinking around here. This was a GREAT win

They improved when they went Power Blocking scheme. You really think Cable and Bevell are going to change their preferred scheme? It takes being forced like in looking like shit at home on national TV to have them make adjustments, they did and it worked because they did adjust tonight.

I wondered about that. I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell the difference, but something seemed to change with the running game in the second half.

Glad to see you've unretired. :)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the second half.

Down hill running, Russ on the move a lot.

Sure it was the Colts but you still want to see the team play well

Cc5674

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":lvja4tzi said:
There is so much positive to build on from that game, Eddie Lacy's rejuvenation for one. Great win!

YEAH! Fast Eddie Lacy looked strong against the tired Colts D down three touchdowns on the road. All that rest from being inactive last week really helped. Maybe he will have another big 4th quarter in a couple of weeks. Carson should have been resting on the bench with Lacy earning his FAT salary but you leave him in to get hurt. Thank's PETEY

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":ojs3yp40 said:
We were suppose to destroy them, fact is it took a half to still get going worries me, Rams are a real threat, this line making no name players look like all stars is a problem, not having Carson is a problem, who even threatens to run with the power, pass block and receive like he can on any given play.

Happy with a win, not declaring us division champs let alone a Super Bowl Champ at this point.

It aint like it used to be (NFC west)

I said week 1, the Rams are not the team we remember. We will have a hard time with them again this year, and very well may drop one next week. I don't think the Rams are going to let us run away with the division as many expected. That could be the wakeup call this team needs, who knows. Our team and season could still go either way, all depends on oline progress.

sutz

Reaction score
Seymour":w63prmg2 said:
chris98251":w63prmg2 said:
We were suppose to destroy them, fact is it took a half to still get going worries me, Rams are a real threat, this line making no name players look like all stars is a problem, not having Carson is a problem, who even threatens to run with the power, pass block and receive like he can on any given play.

Happy with a win, not declaring us division champs let alone a Super Bowl Champ at this point.

It aint like it used to be (NFC west)

I said week 1, the Rams are not the team we remember. We will have a hard time with them again this year, and very well may drop one next week. I don't think the Rams are going to let us run away with the division as many expected. That could be the wakeup call this team needs, who knows. Our team and season could still go either way, all depends on oline progress.
Yeah, well, we don't play well on grass. Next week will be a challenge.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":24jmkq0c said:
Yea I mean the Hawks finally put away maybe the worst team in the league after playing like crap for a half, meanwhile the Rams beat the Cowboys in Dallas. The Rams are the best team in the division this year.

The Colts are no where near the worst team in the league. They might not even be a bottom five team.

This negative Nellie crap needs to slow down. Winning in the NFL is never easy, especially with a flawed team, but there's not reason to start making crap up.

We can't change our OL. All we can do now is watch and hope to see some progression on both lines and see younger guys getting better and improving our depth. And hope Wilson starts playing a bit better in the 1st half of games.

Cc5674

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3prj9bdb said:

Carson should have been on the bench though right Uncle? You are right about down hill though.

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":2ql0h42d said:
Scorpion05":2ql0h42d said:
Every great team has a bounce back win. On the other hand, I've watched enough football to see the Patriots struggle against teams like the Bills and Jets(when they were BAD), or the Packers struggle against the Lions(when they were terrible), or the Patriots losing to a team like the Browns years ago but going to the Super Bowl

Honestly I can't understand the black and white football thinking around here. This was a GREAT win

They improved when they went Power Blocking scheme. You really think Cable and Bevell are going to change their preferred scheme? It takes being forced like in looking like shit at home on national TV to have them make adjustments, they did and it worked because they did adjust tonight.

They changed scheme in 2015. I'm seeing similarities here: a team that can pass block at an average level but struggles to run the ball at any level.

The good news is we have much better skill position players than we did in 2015.

Cc5674

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2z37jbe3 said:
Great story! From Inactive to 4th quarter hammer. Next stop Buffet!

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":37wqkkfn said:

Wilson should have been on the bench though right Uncle?

HHHTGT

Reaction score
Cc5674":2733t0gx said:
Siouxhawk":2733t0gx said:

YEAH! Fast Eddie Lacy looked strong against the tired Colts D down three touchdowns on the road. All that rest from being inactive last week really helped. Maybe he will have another big 4th quarter in a couple of weeks. Carson should have been resting on the bench with Lacy earning his FAT salary but you leave him in to get hurt. Thank's PETEY

Oh would you just shut up already. Had Lacy been in getting the hand offs at that point, people would have been complaining that Carson should have been in instead (because that's exactly what was happening when Lacy WAS getting the ball in the same situation) so it's a no win situation. It's perfectly acceptable to expect a ROOKIE RB to still be in at that point getting real game time, so get the hell over yourself..