It will be really hard for Seattle to repeat . . .

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
If harvin can stay healthy, you guys can definately repeat. hell, you guys shouldnt even be allowed to draft this year... your team is stacked!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't care if the Seahawks repeat or not. They gave us an NFL championship with a team made of kids. They demonstrated that they can win football games their way on any terms.

Will it be hard? Sure, but it won't be any more difficult than it was in 2013. Everyone and I mean everyone knew that if the Hawks had home games in the playoffs that they were likely going to be in the Super Bowl. Then much of the public did the best thing they could have done for the team, they said the Seahawks couldn't win. A death sentence to the opposition regardless of the team.

The key for the Hawks is winning the division. Doing so raises the chances for the Hawks more than it does anyone else. Oh, they are actually built to win regardless, but no team gets the scales tipped as much as the Seahawks do if they get home games in the playoffs. With that, the other division teams while tough, are still not at the level of a healthy Seahawks team. The Niners are still the most formidable opponent the Hawks will have in spite of anything the others do. It isn't like the Hawks are going to stand still and watch other teams improve, the Seahawks are still growing too. Getting to the Super Bowl in the NFC is going to be difficult to any team, but right now, as things are, the Hawks are still in the driver's seat. It just so happens that they are the only team with a chance to repeat and that alone is good enough for me.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":llty2onv said:
I don't care if the Seahawks repeat or not. They gave us an NFL championship with a team made of kids. They demonstrated that they can win football games their way on any terms.

Will it be hard? Sure, but it won't be any more difficult than it was in 2013. Everyone and I mean everyone knew that if the Hawks had home games in the playoffs that they were likely going to be in the Super Bowl. Then much of the public did the best thing they could have done for the team, they said the Seahawks couldn't win. A death sentence to the opposition regardless of the team.

The key for the Hawks is winning the division. Doing so raises the chances for the Hawks more than it does anyone else. Oh, they are actually built to win regardless, but no team gets the scales tipped as much as the Seahawks do if they get home games in the playoffs. With that, the other division teams while tough, are still not at the level of a healthy Seahawks team. The Niners are still the most formidable opponent the Hawks will have in spite of anything the others do. It isn't like the Hawks are going to stand still and watch other teams improve, the Seahawks are still growing too. Getting to the Super Bowl in the NFC is going to be difficult to any team, but right now, as things are, the Hawks are still in the driver's seat. It just so happens that they are the only team with a chance to repeat and that alone is good enough for me.

Slow clap!!!

I'm right there with ya.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":2rvxbc16 said:
If harvin can stay healthy, you guys can definately repeat. hell, you guys shouldnt even be allowed to draft this year... your team is stacked!
I like this niner fan, can We keep him mods? 8)
Might have to put him on my fav 9'er fan list along with Box, Rlkats, and Sherminator(pending). :th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":39jdrk24 said:

Exactomundo! :th2thumbs:

NINEster

Reaction score
The biggest enemy the Seahawks can face would be themselves.....the post Super Bowl champion "hangover".

The Seahawks would only have to win 1 playoff game this year to break a streak of non playoff wins/appearances by SB champions dating back to the 2004 Patriots.

So I throw that out not as a hater, but recent historical fact. Even dating back to the early '90s, only 35% of champions have won a playoff game, let alone repeated.

It's a tough task. We shall see what happens.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":18k0u7qc said:

Well said Loaf.:)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":2jptpup5 said:
Pod person! We need to run away fast guys.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
NINEster":3iut3ojq said:
The biggest enemy the Seahawks can face would be themselves.....the post Super Bowl champion "hangover".

The Seahawks would only have to win 1 playoff game this year to break a streak of non playoff wins/appearances by SB champions dating back to the 2004 Patriots.

So I throw that out not as a hater, but recent historical fact. Even dating back to the early '90s, only 35% of champions have won a playoff game, let alone repeated.

It's a tough task. We shall see what happens.

The numbers are a coincidence. There is no such thing as a Super Bowl hangover. It has nothing to do with history; it has more to do with rosters getting fleeced and injuries. History is not something tangible that has to repeat itself.

Just the level of difficulty alone in making it to the Super Bowl decreases a team's chances, but it is much more likely when a team returns the core and supplements the depth. That is why teams like the Steelers, Cowboys and Niners had sustained success. They kept their players, rotating out some here and there. A team with a FO like Seattle has a much better chance.

I still don't care if they make it back or not as long as they are competitive and give themselves a chance, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

The Seahawks are not some team that will lay down because they won the Super Bowl, they are dangerous because they now they know what it takes to win. They now realize that all those tough practices are worth it and that the harder they practice, the bigger the smiles on Sunday and in the playoffs. They bought it and it worked, something that many teams never experience. Not in this case. Whatever PC was selling the players just became a way of life.

253hawk

Reaction score
The 2006 Seahawks won the division with a modest 9-7 record (they probably win at least 12 games if Hutch hadn't left) and were one play away from making the NFCCG. Free agency has made it very, very difficult to get back to the big game in consecutive seasons. I don't even count the Patriots because we all know that the Raiders were absolutely jobbed on the tuck rule.

Smellyman

Reaction score
It's hard to win the first one.

It's hard to win the next one.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep, and that is no different than winning the first one.

However, the pieces are here and the window is open. Pete is the guy to get the troops to do this.

A lot of things need to go just right, but winning the division is extremely important.

Jac

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1fngoo6g said:

Will it be hard? Sure, but it won't be any more difficult than it was in 2013.

This is exactly how I've felt all along. There are so many factors that are in our control...but so many that are out (injuries, other teams getting hot, schedule issues, etc.). That's why when you actually put it all together and get to the SB, you have to win. Then, it's in the record books and there are no more woulda, coulda, shoudas...or wills, cans, shoulds for the upcoming season.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah the "hangover" thing isn't real. It's that even the best team in the league going into the season is no better than like 1-in-5 to win it all. And lots of champions aren't the best team in the league even on the year that they do win, let alone the following year. It follows pretty logically that repeats are a rare thing in the salary cap era. There's no superstition to invoke to explain it.

seahawksny

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":26pvxi32 said:
Nice way of looking at it. Seriously if there is any team that could be the Anti-Buffalo it would be the Seattle Seahawks. Pete has built an organization that literally lives to beat you down worse everytime it's made more impossible by the usual metrics that are used. Outsiders have no clue about what is about to happen in the next 5 years except to call it historical when it's done.

Example 1: The 2014 schedule, it looks horrible right? Yet in reality it plays to our strengths a

Exactly, Look at last year. Houston and Atlanta looked to be powerhouses and that turned out to be false.

Next year? Im not sold on Philly, KC, or San Diego having repeat playoff runs. Never know