It's all about the Chicken

minormillikin

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":6x5gexrn said:
IF anybody ever said KFC... is not doing it right.

If anyone is in the Olympia area, we got a place called King's Reef and they pressure cook their chicken in oil. Juiciest chicken I ever had.

They also got Tachos. Tater Tots + Nachos.

Thank you for this info...

Just checked on this. Great looking menu, and I'm surprised I haven't been to this place before :
http://kingsolomonsreef.com/menus

sc85sis

Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet because they don't have one right here in my little neck of the woods, but I've heard Roscoe's chicken and waffles is awesome.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Kingfish Cafe (but not worth the $$$$$$)
Church's
Popeyes
Ezells
KFC

Chinese salt pepper garlic fried chicken is delicious too

ZagHawk

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":14w8zfh0 said:
El Pollo Loco* > Ezells > Chik filet* > Popeyes > KFC

*Not available in Seattle area as far as I know. If you've seen one, let me know please.

El Pollo Loco isn't even fried chicken, it's like roasted

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Flour, egg,garlic and onion powder, mustard powder (spicy).. Roll, fry, youre welcome.

Oh, at your house

If its not the best you ever had i will send you $20

Sac

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1jaglkkm said:
Flour, egg,garlic and onion powder, mustard powder (spicy).. Roll, fry, youre welcome.

Oh, at your house

If its not the best you ever had i will send you $20
It's not the best I've ever had. I'll PM you my mailing address.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":27hq7xun said:
HunnyBadger":27hq7xun said:

*Not available in Seattle area as far as I know. If you've seen one, let me know please.

You're right; El Pollo Loco is a Mexican fast food restaurant based on chicken that's pretty popular down here in SoCal and it's really good. But the chicken is marinated whole in a citrus based marinade and then fire grilled (indoor bbq'd). It;s not FRIED CHICKEN which is what DB Fresh, and some of the rest of us, are talking about...

Chick-Fil-A doesn't qualify either, they serve pre-prep'ed chicken breast sandwiches.

By the way if you're doing fried chicken at home its gotta be fried in a big cast iron skillet and floating in about an inch or so of your favorite grease!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1lfvdp6i said:
Screen Door has buttermilk fried chicken which is, while undoubtedly more expensive, a complete godsend compared to Popeye's greasebomb.
Screen Door's buttermilk fried chicken is fabulous! Collard greens kick ass too.

For those of you that don't know what Sarlacc is talking about, it's a smaller, kind of funky sit down restaurant in Portland. Tons of character and good food.

Largent80

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":3iidsn4m said:
ZagHawk":3iidsn4m said:
HunnyBadger":3iidsn4m said:

You're right; El Pollo Loco is a Mexican fast food restaurant based on chicken that's pretty popular down here in SoCal and it's really good. But the chicken is marinated whole in a citrus based marinade and then fire grilled (indoor bbq'd). It;s not FRIED CHICKEN

Which is way better for your heart and arteries.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Largent80":39bkvj5u said:
LawlessHawk":39bkvj5u said:
ZagHawk":39bkvj5u said:
HunnyBadger":39bkvj5u said:

You're right; El Pollo Loco is a Mexican fast food restaurant based on chicken that's pretty popular down here in SoCal and it's really good. But the chicken is marinated whole in a citrus based marinade and then fire grilled (indoor bbq'd). It;s not FRIED CHICKEN

Which is way better for your heart and arteries.

Why do they put beef on their chicken?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Once they settle on any agreement i'm shouting "ORIGINAL OR EXTRA CRISPY"!!

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
For the price, Albertson's has ridiculous fried chicken.

Ezell's chicken wins hands down though, but we go to Heaven Sent since those are his joints now, after losing the legal battle to keep his name.

Church's > Popeyes > Random truck stop > KFC

shawnsim

Reaction score
kidhawk":1n13bvy6 said:
Baldwin was on the Barber Shop on KIRO and they asked him about the divide in the locker room and he blamed it on them arguing over who has the best chicken, popeye's or kfc...doug said he's on the outside of everyone because he likes church's. I found it pretty funny.

You can listen to it here.

[urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/11/2632915/Doug-Baldwin-discloses-divide-in-Seahawks-locker-room-but-it-isnt-what-youd-think[/urltargetblank]

Irony was his intent. A racist divide in the locker room occurred and got national exposure. So he blamed one of the stereotypes of blacks. What kind of chicken do you like. What kind of chicken do you like is a metaphor for what kind of black do you like. He chose Church's but said that was not the popular choice. Russell is a Christian ergo Churches. Doug is on board with Russ. But maybe others in the locker room are divided. You may scoff but Doug is an intelligent man. I believe that he spoke intelligently but it got loSt.

Flame on.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
shawnsim":1zocfr2o said:
kidhawk":1zocfr2o said:
Baldwin was on the Barber Shop on KIRO and they asked him about the divide in the locker room and he blamed it on them arguing over who has the best chicken, popeye's or kfc...doug said he's on the outside of everyone because he likes church's. I found it pretty funny.

[urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/11/2632915/Doug-Baldwin-discloses-divide-in-Seahawks-locker-room-but-it-isnt-what-youd-think[/urltargetblank]

Irony was his intent. A racist divide in the locker room occurred and got national exposure. So he blamed one of the stereotypes of blacks. What kind of chicken do you like. What kind of chicken do you like is a metaphor for what kind of black do you like. He chose Church's but said that was not the popular choice. Russell is a Christian ergo Churches. Doug is on board with Russ. But maybe others in the locker room are divided. You may scoff but Doug is an intelligent man. I believe that he spoke intelligently but it got loSt.

Flame on.

*mojo adjusts tinfoil*

shawnsim

Reaction score
Scottemojo":37ubp4yd said:
shawnsim":37ubp4yd said:
kidhawk":37ubp4yd said:

Flame on.

*mojo adjusts tinfoil*

Well be honest. No one answers a racially charged question with a tongue in cheek racial answer. Stanford grad is saying something.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
shawnsim":bt3ep3i6 said:
kidhawk":bt3ep3i6 said:

Flame on.

And here I thought it would lighten up the mood. Well at least it seemed to do the trick for most people