It's Happened - Wilson Traded

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Wilson didn't want to be here anymore no matter what he wanted to go to a new city a new market and start fresh. That's just reality. Firing Pete would not have been enough he wanted out of Seattle and the way the refs treat this team i can't blame him. Clearly he had determined Seattle wasn't going to work for him going forward. We can't buy a damn holding call it's a joke.

John63

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3fhk4j6d said:
Wilson didn't want to be here anymore no matter what he wanted to go to a new city a new market and start fresh. That's just reality. Firing Pete would not have been enough he wanted out of Seattle and the way the refs treat this team i can't blame him. Clearly he had determined Seattle wasn't going to work for him going forward. We can't buy a damn holding call it's a joke.

I think there is more to it than that. I think yers of not building the oline, saying he would change the offense only to go back to the same old same old after a few games. years of bad drafts and FAs signing. And years of hearing how they wanted to trade him or were looking at other Qbs. etc etc. I think it all came to a head.

In the end we will all get to see if its was PC that made Wilson or Wilson that made PC

To me, PC gets no grace period at all. he said they were not rebuilding so no grace period. Not saying they need to win a SB but they need to do better than 7-10.

Same for Wilson not saying he needs to win the SB right away but he needs to also do better than 7-10 which was Denver's recorded last year.

Who knows maybe they both will succeed and go 8-9 or better and prove the truth was someplace in between.

Maybe both will fail and we will find out it was both

That aside I am guessing one will succeed the other fail.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
John63":3s9yjjo7 said:
Northwest Seahawk":3s9yjjo7 said:

I think there is more to it than that. I think yers of not building the oline, saying he would change the offense only to go back to the same old same old after a few games. years of bad drafts and FAs signing. And years of hearing how they wanted to trade him or were looking at other Qbs. etc etc. I think it all came to a head.

In the end we will all get to see if its was PC that made Wilson or Wilson that made PC

To me, PC gets no grace period at all. he said they were not rebuilding so no grace period. Not saying they need to win a SB but they need to do better than 7-10.

Same for Wilson not saying he needs to win the SB right away but he needs to also do better than 7-10 which was Denver's recorded last year.

Who knows maybe they both will succeed and go 8-9 or better and prove the truth was someplace in between.

Maybe both will fail and we will find out it was both

That aside I am guessing one will succeed the other fail.

Pete won't be here much longer i'd be fine with Desai right now.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":3imbkwqm said:
Dropping Bobby is a kick to the Seahawks’ soul. What an icon… what a day for the Hawks…

Totally agreed. So, I think now we have none of the players left from Superbowl XVIII?

Farewell, Bobby (and Russ).

LTH

Reaction score
I think both the Seahawks and Russ owe us the truth about why this trade happened. the Seahawks ask us to become emotionally involved in supporting this team then they owe the fans the truth about how this went down...

for two years we have heard rumors about Wilson being traded and all we got was denials...

Russ said so many times I want to finish my career in Seattle...

Pete said so many times they want Russ as the QB of the Hawks...
\
ok so it didn't work out that's fine I don't have a problem with that...

If Russ wanted to go somewhere else because he didn't agree with the O philosophy that's fine I don't have a problem with that...

if Pete and John decided they they didn't want to pay Russ 50 million dollars or they thought that Russ was going to leave on his next contract and they wanted to get some value from the situation then fine I have no problem with that... but what I do have a problem with is the fans NOT being told the truth about what's happening...

They better not come out and sugar coat this move with a bunch of BS... They owe us the truth... period!!

LTH

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Chapow":fmuq2r1f said:
ivotuk":fmuq2r1f said:
Teams go nowhere WITHOUT a FRANCHISE QB!!

The RAMS PROVED that! Elite roster, Elite Coach, Jared Goff...nowhere....

I don't think you could have picked a worse example. The Rams went to the Super Bowl with Jared Goff. Sure, they didn't win it, but I wouldn't call making it to the Super Bowl "going nowhere".

This

Pete and Shane know great D and running game can get you to a superbowl. I think I'd rather start Lock than Goff.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
LTH":24v00g1o said:
I think both the Seahawks and Russ owe us the truth about why this trade happened. the Seahawks ask us to become emotionally involved in supporting this team then they owe the fans the truth about how this went down...

for two years we have heard rumors about Wilson being traded and all we got was denials...

\

If Russ wanted to go somewhere else because he didn't agree with the O philosophy that's fine I don't have a problem with that...

if Pete and John decided they they didn't want to pay Russ 50 million dollars or they thought that Russ was going to leave on his next contract and they wanted to get some value from the situation then fine I have no problem with that... but what I do have a problem with is the fans NOT being told the truth about what's happening...

They better not come out and sugar coat this move with a bunch of BS... They owe us the truth... period!!

LTH

Why do they owe you an explanation for their business decisions? Being a fan is a choice, there's no investment requirement. Your financial future, livelihood, and health (as far as I know) isn't tied to the team so I fail to understand why you think you're obligated to know how an organization and individual come to decisions?

Trust me, I'd love to know why as well but saying you're owed anything is childish.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
LTH":1ijgp1vo said:
if Pete and John decided they they didn't want to pay Russ 50 million dollars . . .

Let me stop you right there because by the time Russ signs a new deal with the Broncos next off-season i would say he will prob sign for something in the 56-58m per year range.

Compare this to Mahomes who is signed through 2031 because he and his organization actually have a plan and he wants to win as much as Russ says he does.

Mahomes will be a 59m cap hit in 2027, and over 50m in 2030/31, but every other year he's more around the 40 range.

It's both a team friendly deal, and one that guarantees Mahomes a lot of money. Barring a catastrophic injury to him, it's a win win for both sides.

Russ didn't wanna do this, at least not here.

LTH

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2smuxl8m said:
LTH":2smuxl8m said:

\

LTH

Why do they owe you an explanation for their business decisions? Being a fan is a choice, there's no investment requirement. Your financial future, livelihood, and health (as far as I know) isn't tied to the team so I fail to understand why you think you're obligated to know how an organization and individual come to decisions?

Trust me, I'd love to know why as well but saying you're owed anything is childish.

They owe us the truth because we are the ones who pay there checks. We are the ones who fill the stadiums... we are the ones who make the NFL work . They ask us to be emotionally involved every Sunday... What are they afraid of that the fans are going to get mad? The fans are already mad...

asking for the truth is childish? I think NOT... giving the truth is respect. Now I'm not saying they should say what's going on when it's happening but now that it's done , no more BS

LTH

Hawknballs

Reaction score
LTH":36j25hhh said:
They owe us the truth because we are the ones who pay there checks.

No they don't. Not about this. No crimes were committed here. Nothing is required public knowledge.

I'm as shocked and angry about this decision as it seems the majority of people are, but this entitlement and sense of being 'misled' is silly. We all know how sports teams operate. This is not new.

Buying a ticket or a jersey doesn't make you vested.

John63

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1501702623099076609[/tweet]

LTH

Reaction score
Hawknballs":4ufbus75 said:
LTH":4ufbus75 said:
They owe us the truth because we are the ones who pay there checks.

No they don't. Not about this. No crimes were committed here. Nothing is required public knowledge.

I'm as shocked and angry about this decision as it seems the majority of people are, but this entitlement and sense of being 'misled' is silly. We all know how sports teams operate. This is not new.

Buying a ticket or a jersey doesn't make you vested.

Alright that's your opinion... fine.

But then why even hold press conferences if they are just going to give a bunch of BS...why would anybody be afraid of the truth?

LTH

John63

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2v07r2g7 said:
LTH":2v07r2g7 said:
if Pete and John decided they they didn't want to pay Russ 50 million dollars . . .

Let me stop you right there because by the time Russ signs a new deal with the Broncos next off-season i would say he will prob sign for something in the 56-58m per year range.

Compare this to Mahomes who is signed through 2031 because he and his organization actually have a plan and he wants to win as much as Russ says he does.

Mahomes will be a 59m cap hit in 2027, and over 50m in 2030/31, but every other year he's more around the 40 range.

It's both a team friendly deal, and one that guarantees Mahomes a lot of money. Barring a catastrophic injury to him, it's a win win for both sides.

Well, we don't know if Wilson was willing to do that here or not. For all we know it was never offered, for all, we know he wanted to but PC did not as we also know they were looking at other Qbs as far back as 2015. For all, we know that is also a reason for this.

The point is we don't know people will assume what they want based on their feeling about PC and Wilson.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":g27oggdb said:
Hawknballs":g27oggdb said:
LTH":g27oggdb said:

Well, we don't know if Wilson was willing to do that here or not. For all we know it was never offered, for all, we know he wanted to but PC did not as we also know they were looking at other Qbs as far back as 2015. For all, we know that is also a reason for this.

The point is we don't know people will assume what they want based on their feeling about PC and Wilson.

and that's why we need to know the truth

LTH

gmor

Reaction score
Smellyman":1v66tnsi said:
Hawknballs":1v66tnsi said:
LOL at all the people who think this team is just a draft or two and a game manager QB away from competing.

You're in for a rude awakening if the past 9 seasons have been a disappointment for you and you think it's about to get better.

Enjoy the complete and utter mediocrity.

They weren't sniffing anything with Russell Wilson either. 4th best roster in the division. They needed to start freeing up cash and getting picks.
A lot of people think this.

John63

Reaction score
LTH":1xsuu7q4 said:
John63":1xsuu7q4 said:
Hawknballs":1xsuu7q4 said:
LTH":1xsuu7q4 said:

and that's why we need to know the truth

LTH

I agree but the question is will we ever know the truth? Let's say Wilson comes out and says the truth. some will still not believe it. IF PC comes out and says the truth some will still not believe it. The reality is as much as I would love to know the truth I am not sure I would believe what either says as the gospel truth. More like the truth in their eyes with their spin.

John63

Reaction score
gmor":3khvspcf said:
Smellyman":3khvspcf said:
Hawknballs":3khvspcf said:
LOL at all the people who think this team is just a draft or two and a game manager QB away from competing.

You're in for a rude awakening if the past 9 seasons have been a disappointment for you and you think it's about to get better.

Enjoy the complete and utter mediocrity.

They weren't sniffing anything with Russell Wilson either. 4th best roster in the division. They needed to start freeing up cash and getting picks.
A lot of people think this.

And a lot think as has history has told us they will F up the drafting using those picks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Rob Statton of Seahwksdraftblog.com has summarized some sensible thoughts on the Wilson trade.

In the end some will heartily agree and others will vehemently disagree.

A link to this article which is worth reading can be found below:.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/the-russel ... ng-i-think

Lately Statton has been very critical of the team, yet this article is quite measured. Frankly I agree.

Latest posts