It's Happened - Wilson Traded

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":6dnjjxvn said:
I actually feel pretty good about this. Used to love Wilson but recently the guy has been insufferable.

If nothing else it ends this Ross and Rachel, will they won't they, trade shenanigans that poison every off season.

You should feel good about it.

As one of the only non-homers who posts on this board I'll say it once again... Wilson wasn't the reason ya'll should have won 2 SBs in a row... it was the D.

Since the D imploded have the Hawks even sniffed the NFCCG? Don't think so.

Grats on the king's ransom... I'd be all over it.

Elemas

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3966571z said:
They're gonna nail pick #9, rebuild the defense, and make the playoffs on the back of a run-centric offense, and we'll finally be able to post opinions again without Mr. Ahh jumping down our asses.

Get ready. The Renaissance starts today.

B37

Yah…they’re going to waste these picks and fck it up. Say hello to another Dark Era.

I need to see PC and Schneider gone

balakoth

Reaction score
three players, two first-round picks, two second-round picks, and a fifth-round pick.

Anyone know anything about the potential second player and his ability? DL Shelby Harris

keasley45

Reaction score
Not a surprise at all. RW has wanted out for a while and the FO using language like 'we have no intention' of trading Russel was obvious.

They indeed had no intention, but an opportunity presented itself and they and their QB obviously felt like it was a good move.

mistaowen

Reaction score
So we get Drew Lock, the guy who couldn't win (on the field or the starting job) on a strong defensive team that only needs a QB to become legit SB contenders to take the place of the guy who is responsible for dragging this franchise to winning seasons while the FO whiffs on countless draft classes.

Can't wait for JS to turn these first round picks into dozens of late round picks that don't make the roster!

pelagicraptor

Reaction score
Seymour":eyfpa3p9 said:
So we give up 2 firsts to get Adams, then get 2 back plus a little to get rid of a top 5 QB?? Pathetic!! And I don't trust Pete and John to make any better choice than the McDowells and Ifedi's of the world either.
:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

Exactly. High draft picks have always been a crapshoot, especially with this regime. This is a kick in the jimmies :x

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
balakoth":38fio8l6 said:
three players, two first-round picks, two second-round picks, and a fifth-round pick.

Anyone know anything about the potential second player and his ability? DL Shelby Harris
Yes, Fant TE.

balakoth

Reaction score
mistaowen":1easi26k said:
So we get Drew Lock, the guy who couldn't win (on the field or the starting job) on a strong defensive team that only needs a QB to become legit SB contenders to take the place of the guy who is responsible for dragging this franchise to winning seasons while the FO whiffs on countless draft classes.

Can't wait for JS to turn these first round picks into dozens of late round picks that don't make the roster!

What makes you think because hes part of the trade he is the goal for a starting QB to take us to the SB?

AgentDib

Reaction score
This could be good news if we are actually rebuilding. If you look at the UFAs and the talent left on the team we were the 4th most talented team in the NFC West.

We'll have to see what the compensation is and if we're mainly just swapping around expensive veterans or if this is an actual rebuild.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":2kagnebc said:

To be fair every QB we have been linked with in terms draft has been legit. Mahomes, Josh Allen, Wilson himself.

Someone will be coming in early.

Elemas

Reaction score
Shelby Harris is 30 and had 6 sacks last year. Lock? Let’s not get started. These picks will go to waste and we’ll regret getting rid of a franchise qb for little more than we gave for Adams.

With that said…it is what it is. Since you’re rebuilding, you better unload some other big names along the way. Wagner. Potentially DK. Yah..I know..keep young talent. DKs going to cost a boatload and if he was getting agitated with Russ, how’s he going to be with Drew Lock?

NFC West gotta be feeling real good right now. Especially since our coach ranks at the BOTTOM of the others.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2qdzjsan said:
mistaowen":2qdzjsan said:

To be fair every QB we have been linked with in terms draft has been legit. Mahomes, Josh Allen, Wilson himself.

I'm convinced facts do not matter on this forum... There is not one legit starting caliber QB in this draft ....

keasley45

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2zc5u4ly said:
classicaaron":2zc5u4ly said:
might be a tough stretch here.

Yep.

Our division is too tough to ditch your starting QB and still expect to be relevant. This is a move you make if you've resigned to be out of it for a few years.

Hate to see this team finally giving up. Seems like they've been hanging around swinging for a while now.

Or, the FO and coaching staff have seen the same ceiling with Russ trying to execute an offense they're committed to now with Waldron as many fans have. I don't think they're giving up at all.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Good, Russ hasn’t wanted to be here for 3 years and played the good guy role and made me annoyed by him.

SAUCE GARDNER AT 9 let’s gooooo

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Ambrose83":z81k6f7q said:
UK_Seahawk":z81k6f7q said:
mistaowen":z81k6f7q said:

I'm convinced facts do not matter on this forum... There is not one legit starting caliber QB in this draft ....

There's always someone.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Ambrose83":190aq6oj said:
UK_Seahawk":190aq6oj said:
mistaowen":190aq6oj said:

I’m not a fan of any of the QBs in this years draft either.

Hopefully, this years draft will be heavily offensive line and defensive line picks.

Next year is when Seattle gets their future franchise QB!

If not, Carroll just signed his fate and he will surely be fired!

getnasty

Reaction score
Looks like Noah Fant who's super talented but still not sure they got enough. Gonna have a ton of cap space and picks to play with. Time will tell.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lock is a throw in to compete with whoever is drafted and/or signed via free agency.

So I wouldn't dwell on him, the other players are very good, and multiple 1st rounders including the #9?

It's a good trade................everything Pete and John need to attempt their rebuild, or as Pete will spin it, reload.